I hope there is some way, or some tool which allows me to add the TrackBall Click to lets say the Left "Favorites" Button.

I already take my BlackBerry Curve 8900 Apart to try and fix the Click underneath the TrackBall myself, and it worked, but stopped working again. Now I no longer have warranty cause of this fact.

So now I can use quiet a few options but I'm still limited. For example, there is no way to select an input field in de BB Browser (so I'm using BOLT! now, but I wanna be able to use BB Browser).

Please can someone help me out .
    10-19-09 01:26 AM
    Not sure about that to be honest

It would be a great idea if there was an app that could do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:31 AM
    I think it would be able to make such a thing, to bad RIM doesn't offer this by them selves, but then again, it would be a weird future for someone having their first BlackBerry.

I hope there is such an app or something .
    10-19-09 01:44 AM
    I have the same problem. All of a sudden my clicking stopped. It happened a few times before, and I just had to press a bit harder on the trackball but then it completely stopped no matter how hard I pressed.

It was like this for about a week, then yesterday i decided to jsut click it a million times, and it started working well again... :S

I would try that since your warranty is void, and it doesn't work anyways. I'm not even sure if replacing the trackball would fix this issue since IIRC the actual button is on the motherboard and not part of the trackball unit...

Good Luck!
    10-20-09 08:27 AM
    You can replace the dome. They are available for 2 bucks I think. There are threads and videos explaining the procedure. You'll have to search. I'm on wap and can't give you the link. But hope is alive for your phone.

10-20-09 05:06 PM
    By the way. It is called the trackball dome. That will aid your search.

10-20-09 05:08 PM
    You can replace the dome. They are available for 2 bucks I think.
    Thanks, gonna give this a try, ordered mine including a brand new TrackBall now I hope my prayers will be honored.
    01-20-10 04:46 PM
    It was a great fix, physical click works great, as well as navigate around.

The Only bottleneck is the functional click, before it worked about 5% off the time now it'll work 65%. This is a whole lot better then before, but nothing compared to the way it supposed to be.

Thanks again for the great suggestion hootyhoo!
    02-18-10 08:54 PM
    try using the enter key. This should give you the "click" 100% of the time without loosing a convinience key to it.
    02-18-10 10:33 PM
    I know, this was my work around when I absolutely had no click (or 5% off the time), but there are some buttons and apps you can't use via the enter key.
    02-20-10 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD