I was wondering how effective a security wipe and particularly scrubbing a blackberry is. I manage the BES for a large company and we are thinking of trading in old devices for new ones. However, we deal with highly sensitive data and as such require the device to be completely void of any sensitive information. Is there any way to retrieve any data from a scrubbed device? If so, is there any way to fully delete any trace of sensitive information?
    05-28-13 12:29 PM
    I was wondering how effective a security wipe and particularly scrubbing a blackberry is. I manage the BES for a large company and we are thinking of trading in old devices for new ones. However, we deal with highly sensitive data and as such require the device to be completely void of any sensitive information. Is there any way to retrieve any data from a scrubbed device? If so, is there any way to fully delete any trace of sensitive information?
    Unless someone is highly trained and I mean highly trained in the field of recovering data, there is no way any day person could retrieve data off a wiped and scrubbed device. Scrubbing is practially 99.9% effective and the only other thing to do make it 100% is to physcially destroy the device.
    shahyaz likes this.
    05-28-13 12:37 PM
    Thanks for this, it's appreciated.

I searched the BlackBerry website and couldn't find any info on the latter. Is there an official source I could refer to so I can show my superiors?
    05-28-13 12:44 PM

I searched the BlackBerry website and couldn't find any info on the latter. Is there an official source I could refer to so I can show my superiors?
    I believe there is, I'll see if I can find it

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 12:57 PM

Here is one link I found, hopefully it's somewhat what your looking for

Deleting all device data from the device storage space - Security Technical Overview - BlackBerry Enterprise Server - 5.0.2
    shahyaz likes this.
    05-28-13 01:05 PM
    Awesome, thank you very much. Very appreciated.
    05-28-13 01:13 PM