this is rediculous. how the **** do you upgrade this thing onto the phone? there isnt one place online that tells you how to do this.
    11-04-09 04:16 PM
    Try the beta OS forum, it's the one place that explains how to get the 5.0 OS onto the phone.
    11-04-09 04:19 PM
    11-04-09 04:20 PM
    i was on desktop manager, device manager, the blackberry website. NONE of them tell you anything about this. i would like to see how much nicer this is on my Tour
    11-04-09 04:27 PM
    There are thousands of places to tell you how to do ... and that does include the BETA OS discussion forum.....

with that being said

psst.. BTW you have to download/install the OS to the PC then delete the vendor.xml file then use the apploader
    11-04-09 04:29 PM
    i was on desktop manager, device manager, the blackberry website. NONE of them tell you anything about this. i would like to see how much nicer this is on my Tour
    It's not worth it.... all of the 5.0.x.xxx that are out right now are BETA which means they are TEST firmwares. they have bugs... and i'm not talking like gnats, and house flies.... i'm talking eat your dobbie pincher as you are walking them down the street type bugs....

and Blackberry won't tell you how to do since they don't like the BETAs being out in the public.
    11-04-09 04:31 PM
    Hey look, I found it...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Follow the instructions listed here. You are going to have to find a link to a download for the leaked 5.0 OS for your Tour. From there you are going to have to download it to your PC. Once it has been downloaded, you are going to have to go and delete the vendor.xml file, which is located in the program files under the Research in Motion folder on your computer (if I remember correctly). Delete this file, then proceed with the installation instructions.

SEARCH AND YOU SHALL FIND!
    Also, check out the BlackBerry 101 section. Since you're a newbie, you may want to read up a little bit before you jump into installing a leaked OS onto your Tour. Make sure you know what you're getting into and what some of the possible problems may be.
    11-04-09 04:34 PM
    Ok, I apologize if you feel that some, including myself, were a little short with you. Believe me when I say this, the majority of people on this site want nothing more than to help people with the issues they face with their BlackBerries. You weren't an angel with your opening post to this thread, please keep that in mind as well.

I did a search of the forums, where I typed "Tour 5.0". Here's the link to the results that I found:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=24187793

The first couple threads should give you a multitude of information on the subject that you have questions regarding. There are a bunch of different Tour 5.0 threads in the list.

I remember when I first joined this site, it was my first venture into forums, and posting etc. It took me a while to get used to the way that things work, searching and all, and I usually google things that I don't know how to do before popping off with a new thread in a forum I'm unfimiliar with.

For future reference as well, here are links to the Tour forum, as well as the Beta/Hybrid OS forum, where you will find information on OS 5.0 before it gets it's official launch from RIM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/

I do sincerly apologize for upsetting you. It's not usually the way that I operate.
    Last edited by elvin1983; 11-04-09 at 07:05 PM.
    11-04-09 06:59 PM
    i love these type of threads. i mean, with such a general, basic question like "how to load an OS", of course the OP wouldnt have been able to find anything on the subject.
    11-05-09 12:01 AM
    Thread is under moderator review and should be back shortly (probably moved to Beta OS Sub Forum )
    11-05-09 08:00 AM
    The simple response is that if the OP can't figure it out, then he probably shouldn't be meddling with unsupported software.

OP: did you ever here the expression "knows enough to be dangerous"? That applies here, if you don't know what you are doing don't trash your phone.
    11-05-09 08:04 AM
    I guess 2 of us were looking. Anyways I'm sorta with Branta on this one you probably should NOT be messing with your phone if your knowledge is limited! HOWEVER you can check the CX's How to Upgrade your OS 101 link in my signature, it describes a good method. Also folks here can and will walk you through it, but you might want to consider revising your method of asking for that help.

I have moved the thread to Beta OS Discussion.
    11-05-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD