i want to upgrade to the hybrid 5.0.i have sprint.will that work with that?
    12-14-09 01:44 AM
    what you need to do is visit bbhybrids.com and sign up...then go to forums and and register....go to the 9630 forums.... find the v7.14 finds and fixes...thread...that will explain any known bugs or things.

then you need to install os 5.0.0.230 ....download the 7.14 hybrid from the downloads forum...install it...then through shrinkOS delete anything you dont want...then load it like a normal OS..you will notice the 7.14 hybrid by going to

options...applications...core...then select the first thing on the list and hit bb button...select view modules...then go down to one that says 5.0.0.4 and click on it...when u view it, it will say .405 and you will know you have the latest hybrid. Good luck.
    12-14-09 02:09 AM
    Yes, everything contractorslim said..I'm planning on uploading it soon.

Goodluck!
    12-14-09 02:30 AM
    Having tried them all, the 7.11 hybrid for my phone os the most stable radio and has the best battery life.
    12-14-09 04:32 AM
    Having tried them all, the 7.11 hybrid for my phone os the most stable radio and has the best battery life.
    All of the recent hybrids for the 9630 have .230 as a base hence the same radio file across all builds. It's not the radio that's affecting the performance, it's all the other java files incorporated that are.

To the OP.

As for the hybrid, once downloaded from bbhybrids.net you run the .exe over the .230 leak installation file.

Follow the directions in my signature for how to upgrade your BB. It describes everything you need to do it detail.
    12-14-09 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD