I have a new Bold 9650 running OS5. I have only 1 email account setup on my phone, its my work email, and its through Blackberry Enterprise. Whenever I open my "Messages" folder, ALL messages are shown (Emails/SMS/BBM). The only way to JUST see emails is to go to the "Inbox" folder, which is really annoying every time I want to JUST see my emails. Is there any way that I can set up a folder SOLELY for my emails? Or, can I make it that when I open up the messages folder only my email inbox is shown? I know it has something to do with the fact that I am using Enterprise for email and did NOT set it up directly through the Blackberry Email Setup.

Much Appreciated,
    05-28-10 07:36 AM
    Go to messages > options > inbox settings > uncheck Desktop (what ever is checked will show up in messages)

now your BES e-mails will not show up in Messages, and will have a dedicate icon.
    05-28-10 07:43 AM
    Where is the dedicated Icon??
    05-28-10 07:49 AM
    you got it.. other than for the 9650 its..

Go to messages > options > inbox settings > uncheck "other message types"

Go to messages > options > inbox settings > uncheck Desktop (what ever is checked will show up in messages)

now your BES e-mails will not show up in Messages, and will have a dedicate icon.
    05-28-10 07:50 AM
    GOT IT!!! THANKS A LOT! NOW....How do I change the folder name?

thankss aagain
    Last edited by mperlman1234; 05-28-10 at 07:59 AM.
    05-28-10 07:56 AM
    GOT IT!!! THANKS A LOT! NOW....How do I change the folder name?

thankss aagain
    you were able to change it before via Desktop Manager, however in the latest version of Desktop Manager i cant figure it out!! hopefully someone can help
    05-28-10 08:02 AM
    K, thanks again. One more thing, how do I stop all emails that I send from going into my email folder?

THANKS
    05-28-10 08:03 AM
    Messages - Options - General Options - "Hide Sent Messages: Yes"

should take care of that
    05-28-10 08:41 AM
    Got it. thanks, im coming from an htc so the crack is new to me, This really helped me setup my phone the way I like it,

Take care all
    05-28-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD