Run via what method ?

Cmd - apploader /NOJVM

or desktop apploader ?

Mart
    Apploader.
    02-02-12 08:55 AM
    No differance....

Prehaps its getting lost in translation....

The phone gets stuck erasing the apps, via apploader...

it makes a backup of ram, then starts to wipe the phone, and then stops!

it then looses communication and gives the xaxooooooooooo etc error.

It never gets as far as loading any software

Mart
    02-02-12 11:19 AM
    Warranty exchange then. Since you did try everything. Or maybe try it on a different computer as a last resort.

No differance....

Prehaps its getting lost in translation....

The phone gets stuck erasing the apps, via apploader...

it makes a backup of ram, then starts to wipe the phone, and then stops!

it then looses communication and gives the xaxooooooooooo etc error.

It never gets as far as loading any software

Mart
    02-02-12 01:18 PM
    Will try and boot on another pc...and see what happens...

will having the wrong os on it void my warranty?

Mart
    02-02-12 02:33 PM
    Will try and boot on another pc...and see what happens...

will having the wrong os on it void my warranty?

Mart
    No, it will not.
    02-02-12 02:41 PM
    Im in the UK, our carriers are a bit different

In the mean time i'm just trying it on the main pc....

its hung in the same place, but not disconnected.... so i'll give it a hour or so and see what happens....

Interestingly my BB desktop sees the phone as unnconnected and offers to install the new os....

I may give that it try if all else fails

Mart
    02-02-12 04:21 PM
    Well that didnt work either....

it started to install the new / backed up software and then gave the aaxoooooooA error.

subsequent tries see it trying to erase applications but hanging

Mart
    02-02-12 05:51 PM
    Well that didnt work either....

it started to install the new / backed up software and then gave the aaxoooooooA error.

subsequent tries see it trying to erase applications but hanging

Mart
    Well, time to get it exchanged or replaced. Sometimes things happen when we don't want them to.
    02-02-12 05:54 PM
    have a 9700 i'm trying to restore...... the red led light flashes twice and then a pause....then repeats the flashes.....

now i've tried plugging it in with and without the battery and my pc and laptop recognizes the phone.....and i see where its connected in Blackberry device manager(it shows the time its connected) ......but when i try to upload the os using app loader.....its not recognizing the phone there.....getting "UNKNOWN PIN" ....any help wud be appreciated
    02-10-12 11:32 PM
    Dude Reed McLay's instructions are dead on Tour about 2 yr ago and had it doing the same thing. I used his method and restored it, and it wos same as new. I will admit it took me about half a day to completely understand EXACTLY what and how I was to doRead the instuctions again and make sure you understand what you need to do, you only have a couple seconds to get cable in phone. I would suggest you wipe it and start from scratch. I have been on the iPhone side of the fence for a couple years opr so. I don't know if they have made changes that wouuld keep this from working, but I doubt it. If this is a little flakey I am installing Win XP on a machine while I try to rember. Going to do a multiboot XP box with 4 different flavors of Linux. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus today. I'm busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest HAHAHA Good luck, just keep after it till you finnd where you are getting off track.
    Last edited by bbvine; 02-12-12 at 08:25 PM.
    02-12-12 08:21 PM
    i just got this blackberry bold 9000,although not brand new.when i insert the battery it gives this constant red light for about 10 seconds.it goes off nd begin to blink.i tried to reload the OS but the p.c wont detect the blackberry.pls help.am in a disenchanted state of mind.
    02-13-12 11:27 AM
    i just got this blackberry bold 9000,although not brand new.when i insert the battery it gives this constant red light for about 10 seconds.it goes off nd begin to blink.i tried to reload the OS but the p.c wont detect the blackberry.pls help.am in a disenchanted state of mind.
    Bring it into your carrier's store and see if they can revive it. If they can't, they'll replace it.

But keep trying! Try without the battery until apploader grabs hold!
    02-13-12 11:31 AM
    02-13-12 11:33 AM
    Refresh the page, I posted a reply.
    02-13-12 11:36 AM
    pls any detailed am totally lost.thanks very much 4 ur concern.
    02-13-12 11:49 AM
    pls any detailed am totally lost.thanks very much 4 ur concern.
    Go to the first post.
    02-13-12 11:52 AM
    wen i connect it to the usb it detect nothing.and the app loader says select communication port to which device is connected.
    02-13-12 11:59 AM
    wen i connect it to the usb it detect nothing.and the app loader says select communication port to which device is connected.
    You'll have to now bring it to your carrier. You did try everything, even without the battery, to get it to connect right? How about trying with a different battery if possible?
    02-13-12 12:01 PM
    same thing
    02-13-12 12:04 PM
    same thing
    If it's a 9000 (does it have the trackball? I'm partially lost), and you cannot absolutely get it restored, and you have tried a different computer to see if it would work, then you might need to get a new blackberry. I need to ask, did someone give it to you, or did you happen to buy it off a classifieds site or ebay? Maybe the seller didn't tell you the whole truth.
    02-13-12 12:07 PM
    it has d track ball and i bought it off some one
    02-13-12 12:09 PM
    it has d track ball and i bought it off some one
    I guess they didn't tell you the whole truth about it's history then.
    02-13-12 12:11 PM
    how do you find out the phone is dead, ofcourse the phone will be kind of dead when you plug out the battery.
    well if you can't start it up anymore with battery plugged in, that's another case lol.
    02-14-12 02:23 AM
    ok i did everything it says, my blackberry bold turns on to a white screen and stays there.

after i enter the cmd commands than APPloader pops up, i hit next than it says connection with a dropdown box and nothing shows up my phone doesnt show up nothing, and i cant go any further please help!
    02-17-12 04:40 AM
    ok i did everything it says, my blackberry bold turns on to a white screen and stays there.

after i enter the cmd commands than APPloader pops up, i hit next than it says connection with a dropdown box and nothing shows up my phone doesnt show up nothing, and i cant go any further please help!
    What did it say on the screen? 507 Reload Software?
    02-17-12 04:44 AM
1,742 ... 6465666768 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD