Thanks Thanks Thanks
    My 8310 after a jvm 547 is going best
    You've saved my life!
    07-18-11 07:24 AM
    my friend got her bold 9780 in water and asked me to try and fix it she took out the battery and put it in rice before giving it to me. i dissasembled it and cleaned it with 99% isopropanol and re-asembled it. now it won't turn on, isn't recognized by pc and the red led doesn't blink. all it does when i put in a good battery is the camera light turns on. is it completly dead. she just wants the data in the phone and doesn't care if the phone is no longer usable. thx
    07-19-11 02:06 PM
    my friend got her bold 9780 in water and asked me to try and fix it she took out the battery and put it in rice before giving it to me. i dissasembled it and cleaned it with 99% isopropanol and re-asembled it. now it won't turn on, isn't recognized by pc and the red led doesn't blink. all it does when i put in a good battery is the camera light turns on. is it completly dead. she just wants the data in the phone and doesn't care if the phone is no longer usable. thx
    When I was taken apart, something was likely ripped off or broken. Flash memory is useless aka flashed out, the bios/cmos chip that allows it to boot and such, is fried. So no lights, it's dead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 05:34 PM
    Now this is my story!!

I purchased a new Blackberry Torch from NegriElectronics few months ago.
    After several days, I dropped my phone in water
    I'd put my BB in bright sun for less for more than a day.
    Didn't help!!!

Next STEP

Contacted Negri Electronics for the data recovery process
    Reply came in a few minutes with the same post in the #1 first thread.

Thanks Negri Electronics and thanks a lot Crackberry
    07-19-11 06:49 PM
    My phone;
    red led flashing, flashes in groups of 4.
    led stays solid red for around 20 sec after initial insertion of battery / usb cable

Followed all of the steps in this thread.
    Although my problem is that after using cmd to open the apploader
    click next, and again (phone is always recognized), then enter my phones password and nothing will happen for like a minute or two and windows will make a sound like my phone was disconnected and the apploader will say it couldn't make a connection to my phone please make sure its connected blah blah. Tried different ports on my computer, but not usb cable as I only have one.

Phone is a bold 9000
    my phone had a really low battery and then the screen went white and it died. Go to plug it in and then the led started flashing.
    07-20-11 12:10 AM
    I have a 9700 bold, everything has worked up until the device initialization part of the app loader and my berry doesnt seem to stay on long enough (red light isnt displayed for long enough) for it to fully reinstall the JVM. so then i get an alert saying it cannot be connected to the device and that i should retry after ive reconnected, but i never disconnected it. The red light stays on for about 2 minutes, then goes off and i get the disconnections windows sound, then after 2 minutes the red light appears again and the device appears to be connected again. however by this time the app loader thinks my phone is unresponsive
    Please help
    08-07-11 02:43 PM
    I did everything line by line. At the end it came back the same: white screen, even though I did hear some music in one of the restores.

What next? what can I do?

I also downgraded to 5v as it did worked for some people but not for me.

Thanks
    08-15-11 04:45 PM
    Hi, I've been reading a fair bit of this thread but can't seem to find any reference to trouble I'm having with a water damaged Bold 9780.

I have dismantled the handset (even the LCD was in bits at one stage), and tried my best to wash it in Isopropyl Alcohol, letting it dry out for a day or two before each 'attempt' at switching the handset back on.

Currently the phone will power up (Solid Red LED for a few seconds), show the "Blackberry" word and start loading. However the progress bar will reach about 5% before the screen flashes white and the phone reboots and starts again.
    I cannot connect with USB for more than this time (20 seconds roughly) so desktop manager/apploader cannot sync with the phone and load anything.

I am guessing the water damage is to blame but wondered if anyone has any other ideas on what I could try?
    08-17-11 09:02 AM
    Hi, I've been reading a fair bit of this thread but can't seem to find any reference to trouble I'm having with a water damaged Bold 9780.

I have dismantled the handset (even the LCD was in bits at one stage), and tried my best to wash it in Isopropyl Alcohol, letting it dry out for a day or two before each 'attempt' at switching the handset back on.

Currently the phone will power up (Solid Red LED for a few seconds), show the "Blackberry" word and start loading. However the progress bar will reach about 5% before the screen flashes white and the phone reboots and starts again.
    I cannot connect with USB for more than this time (20 seconds roughly) so desktop manager/apploader cannot sync with the phone and load anything.

I am guessing the water damage is to blame but wondered if anyone has any other ideas on what I could try?
    Either it's flashed out (bad flash chip due to partial shorting) or you haven't tried without the battery connected yet. Plug it in without the battery and launch apploader and it should lock on enough to load the OS. If it doesn't, well, you've got a paperweight.

08-17-11 10:20 AM
    I tried without the battery and get the very same problem, therefore will consign this phone to the paperweight department.

Thank you for the advice
    08-17-11 02:39 PM
    - I have blackberry torch 9800
    - the screen is black and the led is blinking..
    - stays solid red for about three seconds and goes blank for three seconds and goes red again for another three seconds.

The slider was coming apart from the device and while closed my girlfriend dropped it (has been dropped more then a few times, never had any problems) and she said when she picked it up the touch screen and buttons on the main screen were not working. She tried a battery pull to no avail. and since then it has been flashing red every 3 seconds.

I opened the phone and everything seemed fine, other then a few lose screws in the slider part. I put it back together and it seems all good. All of the flex cables are hooked up fine and same goes for the phones antenna.

I went tried everything in the guide and app loader recognizes the phone and starts to load the os.
    The first step, "load jvm and system software" works, the second step "wait for device initialization" goes through for a while but doesnt work and I end up with "Application loader was unable to connect with your device, please reconnect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."

I have tried bbsak in hopes of wiping the phone but it doesnt recognize it and jlcmder dosnt seem to recognize it either.

I am currently trying to do this on a different computer...if anyone has any suggestions on what I can try I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by prabjot; 08-19-11 at 09:49 PM.
    08-19-11 09:43 PM
    - I have blackberry torch 9800
    - the screen is black and the led is blinking..
    - stays solid red for about three seconds and goes blank for three seconds and goes red again for another three seconds.

The slider was coming apart from the device and while closed my girlfriend dropped it (has been dropped more then a few times, never had any problems) and she said when she picked it up the touch screen and buttons on the main screen were not working. She tried a battery pull to no avail. and since then it has been flashing red every 3 seconds.

I opened the phone and everything seemed fine, other then a few lose screws in the slider part. I put it back together and it seems all good. All of the flex cables are hooked up fine and same goes for the phones antenna.

I went tried everything in the guide and app loader recognizes the phone and starts to load the os.
    The first step, "load jvm and system software" works, the second step "wait for device initialization" goes through for a while but doesnt work and I end up with "Application loader was unable to connect with your device, please reconnect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."

I have tried bbsak in hopes of wiping the phone but it doesnt recognize it and jlcmder dosnt seem to recognize it either.

I am currently trying to do this on a different computer...if anyone has any suggestions on what I can try I would greatly appreciate it.
    Is it still under warranty? Is the LED blinking three long, a pause, then three long again? Or are they mixed long and short blinks? I may be able to help with that, since they are related somewhat to beeping tones made by any computer. 3 long beeps: the keyboard is possibly fried. Three short beeps: ram chip failure. These can be in place of LED blinks. At least you know what's possibly wrong.

08-20-11 04:53 AM
    I would suggest you take it to a Blackberry repair shop. It will sabve you a lot of time and there is no risk of ruining your blackberry since they are professionals. But.. if you want to save some bucks try looking youtube video tutorials. They are very well explained!
    08-20-11 06:03 AM
    Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty...I had to unlock the phone so it could be used in fido, which voids warranty and since I took the phone apart that voids all warranty lol. As for the blinking led its stays solid for a long while then goes blank for a while etc...it was changing every three seconds or so before but now its taking a lot longer. I stumbled upon a helpful thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...68/index9.html

and Ive tried everything suggested in there but still no luck.
    Ive tried different computers..different usb ports, different cables and so on and even different batteries (fully charged, half charged lol) and fresh installs of dm and os(s).....all of it ahah
    I end up with the same multistage load error so I am guessing this thing is dead but I do still plan on taking it so a cell phone repair shop. I havent heard of any blackberry specific repair shops..anyone know of any? Im in bc live near vancouver..thanks for the input
    08-20-11 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty...I had to unlock the phone so it could be used in fido, which voids warranty and since I took the phone apart that voids all warranty lol. As for the blinking led its stays solid for a long while then goes blank for a while etc...it was changing every three seconds or so before but now its taking a lot longer. I stumbled upon a helpful thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...68/index9.html

and Ive tried everything suggested in there but still no luck.
    Ive tried different computers..different usb ports, different cables and so on and even different batteries (fully charged, half charged lol) and fresh installs of dm and os(s).....all of it ahah
    I end up with the same multistage load error so I am guessing this thing is dead but I do still plan on taking it so a cell phone repair shop. I havent heard of any blackberry specific repair shops..anyone know of any? Im in bc live near vancouver..thanks for the input
    If there's a mall in your area, or a store that unlocks phones and says "phone repair", that's the place to repair them.

08-20-11 05:56 PM
    I figured as much..I just thought maybe blackberry decided to start putting up stores similar to the apple stores lol..well I guess its time to take it to a "pro" and see what they can do
    08-20-11 07:41 PM
    Completely format your blackberry using your desktop manager CD. Then update your bb's OS to the latest version. This should work
    08-26-11 05:18 PM
    Completely format your blackberry using your desktop manager CD. Then update your bb's OS to the latest version. This should work
    BBSAK can do that better. You cannot "format" your blackberry.

08-26-11 05:43 PM
    Can someone plz help me i have a Bold 9000 and it died and i did all the OS stuff put i dont have a charger so i plug it into the computer and a red LED light comes up the goes away then a charging thing comes up on the screen and then goes then the red LED light comes on agian and it never charges plz help mee i even got the new drive thing plz hellp
    08-27-11 04:46 PM
    can you please help every time i try to do the application load thing i only get to where it finds it then i click next and the phone disconnects plz help
    08-27-11 05:32 PM
    can you please help every time i try to do the application load thing i only get to where it finds it then i click next and the phone disconnects plz help
    Remove the battery (assuming you've made a backup already with desktop manager), connect it to the computer, launch apploader, then your OS will be reloaded. Just follow the directions on screen. Do this quickly, you might have to try it a few times. Once the OS is loaded, connect the battery and let it continue.
    08-27-11 05:38 PM
    Hi all. Been lurking for a while and learned quite a bit but now - need some further assistance.

Follow the instructions and tried to res my wife's 9000. She was camping and it seems like moisture got into her tent and her phone stopped working. Got her a 9700 since, but would have liked to get the 9000 back up.

Can't post links, so change the appropriate parts or copy/paste. Downfall of lurking and not posting.

h**p://yfrog.com/j5screenshot113qp

There we have the screen for running the app as suggested.

h*p://yfrog.com/06screenshot114vop

There it detects the phone but no PIN.

h**p://yfrog.com/j8screenshot115kp

Sits at the above screen for a while and then..........

h**p://yfrog.com/mhscreenshot116zmp

It gives me that.

I've tried with and without battery - I've tried using a heat gun to dry it out, and (maybe killed it?) I used some Kester 951 liquid flux for GPU reflow on the board and then my heat gun but to no avail.

During the first parts when it's searching for the device the phone gives two long then 4 short red blinks - then when it fails it does 4 short. Checks online show this may be water damage and probably that it requires a new phone. Again - already got her one but would have wanted to try save this. Any tips?
    09-04-11 01:09 PM
    Hi all. Been lurking for a while and learned quite a bit but now - need some further assistance.

Follow the instructions and tried to res my wife's 9000. She was camping and it seems like moisture got into her tent and her phone stopped working. Got her a 9700 since, but would have liked to get the 9000 back up.

Can't post links, so change the appropriate parts or copy/paste. Downfall of lurking and not posting.

h**p://yfrog.com/j5screenshot113qp

There we have the screen for running the app as suggested.

h*p://yfrog.com/06screenshot114vop

There it detects the phone but no PIN.

h**p://yfrog.com/j8screenshot115kp

Sits at the above screen for a while and then..........

h**p://yfrog.com/mhscreenshot116zmp

It gives me that.

I've tried with and without battery - I've tried using a heat gun to dry it out, and (maybe killed it?) I used some Kester 951 liquid flux for GPU reflow on the board and then my heat gun but to no avail.

During the first parts when it's searching for the device the phone gives two long then 4 short red blinks - then when it fails it does 4 short. Checks online show this may be water damage and probably that it requires a new phone. Again - already got her one but would have wanted to try save this. Any tips?
    Welcome to CrackBerry! I take it from the join date you've been lurking as a guest.

Not sure why you're using Loader, when you need Desktop Manager to back it up, but since it's not capable of recognizing the pin anyway, it's a moot point The water had to have damaged the circuitry. Frequent backups using DM, BB Protect, or some other app are a must, because, as you now know, you never know.
    09-04-11 03:22 PM
    Thanks for the welcome - and ya - lurk as guest previously. I guess I should throw it at this point or keep for salvaging stuff if I need to later on. Restored all her stuff using BB Protect - she hasn't used DM because she's too lazy. Thanks all the same - hope nobody else has damage so bad.

There was a previous post............

I'm wondering if maybe using some heat would help? Heat gun or blow dryer maybe?
    09-04-11 04:42 PM
    This is good to know, thanks!
    09-08-11 12:04 PM
1,742 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD