Also if you IT dept has your work PC that you access with outlook, if your password every expires you will get a message on BIS that you need to update your password to connect to the OWA site.
    03-09-11 10:49 PM
    My blackberry was working perfectly fine yesterday and then when I went to check some texts I noticed that it was completely turned off. I tried turning it on and the red light would appear for 5+ seconds and then disappear. I tried a different battery and tried this battery in another BB but still nothing. I found this guide and tried it, and in the App Loader it starts to upload the new firmware but the blackberry turns off by itself before the process ends. I've restarted the process countless times but the BB always turns off before App Loader can finish. Any suggestions?
    03-13-11 07:54 PM
    Hi guys I have the new Blackberry Bold 9780 and I have the "white screen of death" as its termed; I've tried pulling the battery and the hard reboot method but neither work....any suggestions?
    Thanks
    03-13-11 10:04 PM
    try to install through comm port 3 or 4 that are idle
    03-14-11 01:53 PM
    Hiya i'm new to the site, but i was wondering if you could help. My bold 9000 wont turn on or charge, it has no red light flashing accept from once when it flashed a few times. I could really use some help as i haven't got a clue
    03-15-11 06:52 AM
    Hiya i'm new to the site, but i was wondering if you could help. My bold 9000 wont turn on or charge, it has no red light flashing accept from once when it flashed a few times. I could really use some help as i haven't got a clue
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

First question, has it suffered liquid damage? Look under the battery for a pink patch. If so, the odds are against it ever working again.

Next question, do you have any computer geek friends? The process of installing and configuring the BlackBerry support software is not recommended for an inexperienced computer user. Ask a friend for help, then point them to the front page of this thread for instructions.

If you dont have a friend to call on, start with the first post and report back with your progress.
    03-15-11 12:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

First question, has it suffered liquid damage? Look under the battery for a pink patch. If so, the odds are against it ever working again.

Next question, do you have any computer geek friends? The process of installing and configuring the BlackBerry support software is not recommended for an inexperienced computer user. Ask a friend for help, then point them to the front page of this thread for instructions.

If you dont have a friend to call on, start with the first post and report back with your progress.
    Hiya, It hasn't suffered water damage the white patch is still white.
    The light has started flashing 1-3-1 now (only sometimes though) it connects then disconnects from computer straight away, however i have managed to get get the app loader (sometimes) to work and it comes up usb unknown then when i click next it *** for usb pin?? I really appreciate your help Thank You
    Last edited by EMERSONSUK; 03-15-11 at 03:18 PM.
    03-15-11 03:11 PM
    Now it wont light up again, really starting to annoy me now lol
    03-16-11 02:16 PM
    Some members have reported success with battery timing.

Pull and replace the battery while observing the connection. At some point, the connection will change, be ready to click on the Next button and it should capture the PIN. You may have to repeat it a coule times to get the timing right.
    03-16-11 03:01 PM
    Some members have reported success with battery timing.

Pull and replace the battery while observing the connection. At some point, the connection will change, be ready to click on the Next button and it should capture the PIN. You may have to repeat it a coule times to get the timing right.
    Still no luck
    03-17-11 01:54 PM
    What does he mean with go old skool?
    03-20-11 03:51 AM
    Hey guys I have blackberry bold 9000, i just upgraded to OS 5, and it was working fine and then i installed few applications and stuff(theme) on my phone and same day i left my phone on charging (yesterday i mean) and when i woke up my phone was dead. Then i plugged my phone in the charger( wall) a red light blinks and was blinking steadily , i was confused so i plugged my phone with pc through usb and i saw the red light again and after sometime white screen shows up and a battery sign was showed up with cross sign on it, and then i thought i should charge battery, but after few hours (2-3) nothing happens so after then its totally dead , no red light nothing, i downloaded jl_cmdr , app loader, i did everything but my laptop is not detecting the phone, so nothing is responding to my 9000 bold, i tried charging through usb too but in vain, i dont knw what to do...? its 11.59 pm now i will take out the battery and left it outside all night(as i read it somewhere like take out the battery for night and in the morning it works) but like as i said i tried everything to atleast like i can see my laptop will response to my phone or like any sign of red light or anything..! please help me out..!
    thanks
    03-23-11 11:10 PM
    Looks like you might need a new battery, and try it again after setting the laptop's power management to Always On. That way, it doesn't shut off the usb port's power. Try it without the battery using apploader to reload the OS5 software, or OS 4 software.

Hey guys I have blackberry bold 9000, i just upgraded to OS 5, and it was working fine and then i installed few applications and stuff(theme) on my phone and same day i left my phone on charging (yesterday i mean) and when i woke up my phone was dead. Then i plugged my phone in the charger( wall) a red light blinks and was blinking steadily , i was confused so i plugged my phone with pc through usb and i saw the red light again and after sometime white screen shows up and a battery sign was showed up with cross sign on it, and then i thought i should charge battery, but after few hours (2-3) nothing happens so after then its totally dead , no red light nothing, i downloaded jl_cmdr , app loader, i did everything but my laptop is not detecting the phone, so nothing is responding to my 9000 bold, i tried charging through usb too but in vain, i dont knw what to do...? its 11.59 pm now i will take out the battery and left it outside all night(as i read it somewhere like take out the battery for night and in the morning it works) but like as i said i tried everything to atleast like i can see my laptop will response to my phone or like any sign of red light or anything..! please help me out..!
    thanks
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 12:55 PM
    probably need a new battery.
    03-24-11 02:55 PM
    Just anyone have those instructions for a mac? I just found this thread and was wondering if it was possible go restore a blackberry with my macbook. It may have been posted in the forums, but I did not want to read nearly a thousand posts.

thanks.
    03-25-11 11:47 AM
    hello,

I tried everithing you wrote. Everytime after reloading the software, apploader is not recovering my BB. I did try it several times without a battery, with a new battery. Everytime the same result.

Is there anything else what i can try??

Please help!!
    03-27-11 11:43 AM
    I've tried a few suggestions in this thread, but nothing seemed to help, I thought maybe someone could walk me through trying to fix it, before I realize that I just need to give up.

I plugged my blackberry into my computer to charge earlier and then it stopped working.

It won't turn on and the only that indicates any life is a series of blinking red flashes.

I had not installed the blackberry device manager until post this incident, so when I try to plug it in, it says "Before you begin, verify that your current BLackberry Device is connected to your computer," so I am unable to connect to the device manager.

My computer does not recognize the connection at all, and when I tried to force the app loader w/ a series of commands eventually ending in "Loader /nojvm," still nothing as no connection is shown.

Is there anything else I can do? ANy series of steps to see if there's any chance at all?
    04-03-11 06:40 PM
    im following all the steps. but my bold been blinking for about an hour after i click next on the application loader. it detects my pin. but stuck at trying usb pin (mypinno) connecting to device (arm)
    04-04-11 04:32 PM
    this guide has just fixed my BB 8220,thanks for posting
    04-04-11 06:24 PM
    this is awesome thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    04-08-11 01:02 PM
    thanks

I also have the same problem here..
    Previously my bb was wiped, now i cant connect to the bb as it not detected by my Laptop (didnt heard any connected or disconnected notification from my laptop speaker)
    when i try to connect to laptop without batery on my bb i get red static light on my bb but no connected sound coming out from laptop..

Please help me..
    04-08-11 11:51 PM
    have tried to use the apploader but it cant detect my bb..
    04-09-11 12:38 AM
    my phone is dead and there is no led light and when connected to my system it comes on and off i need some help tried the apploader manually but the device would not initialise can i please get help.
    04-11-11 09:13 AM
    I type the commands and app loader comes up straightaway. command prompt doesn't seem to do anything other than start apploader. I have a blackberry in a loop that I can't catch cos as soon as it connects it disconnects seconds later so can't get passed 'reconnecting to jvm' any ideas?

Thanks.
    04-21-11 05:14 AM
    its just like a dead forum,
    no one can help
    04-21-11 09:27 PM
1,742 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD