HEllo,
    i left my BB bold 9000 for 2 days without charging as i was traveling, when i returned i tried to charge it , but while i put it in the wall charger it show a battery with red cross in it, i tried everything but it kept this picture,
    i tried your way in adding new OS by apploader and it worked till the point of reconnecting of JVM and then the picture shows again on the BB
    what shall i do ?
    Thanks
    The first issue is the battery. When a Lithium battery runs down, there is a risk of damage. The battery has an internal safety circut to shut it down.

I have never experienced it myself, but other members have reported a successful re-charge after removing and replacing the battery. It that does not work, you may have to replace the battery.

Unfortunatly, I belive you have gone off track with the OS software load. At this point, you need a working battery to continue the upload. At a minimum, I hope you have a current backup of your contacts and personal data.

12-15-10 01:30 PM
    I am so out of options from reading posts. I hope this is a simple somthing I overlooked. Yesterday noticed my screen was whith with error jvm 545 and the message to reset. since then I have tried everthing that I can read to allow me to connect my BB to my PC for a wipe. Nothing I do allows me to connect. I have tried the command line option redownloaded, DS numerous times, changed wires, batteries, Nothing has worked. I can attach by daughters phone to the pc with instant connect. when i plug in mine I see the battery symbol for charging in my screen but no connect. I have tried app loader, DS, JL cmnder, I'm at witts end. al was well, no water i know of, nothing running unless i accidentally **** diled. any suggestions at all? when iI open app loader my connection options are blank. when I run Jlcmnder error unable to find device.
    Last edited by svfd5140; 12-26-10 at 12:24 PM. Reason: adding info
    12-26-10 12:21 PM
    The good news is, the electronics are working enough to show you an error message.

Failure of the USB port is an possible explanation for a total connection failure.

If you can feel any wobble in the USB connection, that is an expert only repair.

12-26-10 12:29 PM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention my phone is a 8330 curve from sprint.
    12-26-10 12:29 PM
    OK so I need to take it to a service center?
    12-26-10 12:31 PM
    Yes, if you suspect it has broken loose, it will take specialized soldering equipment to make the repair.

There are also On-line advertisers for shops that repair BlackBerry, that is the common services they offer. Use Google to fine one near you.
    12-26-10 12:37 PM
    Hey, I have an unlocked bb curve 8320 tmobile phone that is dead. when ever i try to turn it on or connect it to my computer or take out the battery nothing happens. SOme times when i have the bb connected to the charger and plug it in the phone makes a buzzing sound. I know the charger and usb are fine becuase i charged other items and used it to connect other items to the computer. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was anyway to fix this or if the bb is just screwed?

Also there was no fall or water damage that i'm aware of. earlier before it completely died it froze a few times but i just pulled the battery and it worked fine for a short while but then died and is in its current state.

If anyone knows anything that would be great, thanks.
    12-27-10 02:01 AM
    Hello been reading this forum and im not sure is you all can help. But i have a BB Strom 2 (9550) from Verizon. The other night when i went to bed it was working fine and when i woke up i had a black screen with just my bottom key lights on. there is no LED light going nothing. now when i plug it into my comp or any form of charger the bottom keys flash then stay steady lit. If anyone know what to do it would be much appreciated thank you.
    12-27-10 04:14 PM
    The first suspect is the battery. Try removing it and replacing it. If it does not take a charge, replace it with a known good battery.

It should not be nessary to force a rebuild, and loose your data in the process.
    12-27-10 07:01 PM
    Well i tried 3 different batteries and they all still do the same thing. now when ever i plug it in to charge the bottom key lights just flash and nothing else happens
    12-27-10 09:09 PM
    Hi all

My phone got stuck first it didnt want to charge, than it didnt want to boot.
    So i went to service, and they told me around 100$ in order to fix it.

I know a little bit more about computers and devices, so i tried to give it a try to fix it.

I searched through internet, and i managed to return it from dead using Aplication Loader, but than it went into the infinite restart loop.

If i put OS 4.5 it doesnt start, just shows the red led and nothing else. If i load Os 5.0 it always reboots, it pops up the Blackberry logo, starts initializing, reaches like 3/4 of the process, and it goes back to restarting again.

Using Application loader to redo the phone again, it reaches the process of waiting to initialize, and pops up message "Application was not able to connect to device, Please reconnect your device enter password if required and press retry. "

I tried without the battery, putting the battery after Load JVM is almost finished, nothing. Tried living the battery out for 10 hours again nothing. Removed the memory card, again nothing. Still in the infinite restart loop.

Tried loading the software through Device Manager, and it stops again at waiting to initialize.

Thanks all for the help.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    12-30-10 11:23 PM
    would start with a fresh download of the v4.5xx OS software. That is a your best chance of bringing it back.

12-31-10 09:46 AM
    ok which way to use for the restore and which software version 4.5 should i use?

Should i try with the Application Loader and download any version of 4.5 software or i can use the DM and run Application loader from there?

Do you think i will be able to bring it back using the 4.5 version?

I tried bringing it back to some version of 4.5 but then the phone wont even show anything, just the red led is on and black screen, after some time the red led goes off and nothing happens.

Thanks
    12-31-10 11:42 AM
    How about version 4.6? that wont work?
    12-31-10 11:51 AM
    where can i find the 4.5xx version of the software?
    The only version for download i can find is 4.6
    12-31-10 11:57 AM
    ok tried installing 4.6.162 i think, or what is the oldest version.
    Didnt work, still restarts and wasnt able to finish the whole process got stuck on waiting to initialize.

Black screen and red led only, and every few minutes it restarts.
    12-31-10 12:56 PM
    I offered the general advise to use a fresh download of the OS software, not a beta test version.

You have not indicated which model BlackBerry you are using, but you will need the correct model specific version, the carrier does not matter.
    12-31-10 03:10 PM
    i have BB Bold 9000. I used a fresh download of the OS, but it didnt work.

Tell me which version to download, and whether to use the Loader /nojvm option or how?
    12-31-10 03:42 PM
    I tried one more time fresh download of Device Software 4.6, and Desktop Manager 6.0. Again it is stuck at when the first restart of the device is.

I tried using the Application Loader /nojvm option.

Any other suggestion i can try?

Thanks.
    01-01-11 11:18 AM
    it is stuck at when the first restart of the device is.

You have ruled out software related issues, that now leaves you with hardware that has failed to initialize. Sorry, that is a dead BlackBerry.

01-01-11 11:27 AM
    well, how can be the hardware, when i install the OS 5.0, it reaches the Blackberry screen of initialization and than after 3/4 it is done, it restarts again.
    When i install the 4.6 OS, the screen is just black and the led is red during initialization.

I think i am doing something wrong when i am installing the software, and that is why it doesnt want to start.

What i do, is download the 4.6 OS, download DM 6.0, installed first the DM and than the OS.
    Went using Command Prompt to AppLoader and loaded loader /nojvm
    Than took out the battery of the phone, connect the usb, select next on the applicaton loader, it deletes the software on the phone. I put the battery back in the phone, the application loader inserts the new software and than the device should initialize but it is stuck in the infinite loop again.
    Than i got error that Application loader can not connect to the device, type the password and connect the phone.

Am I doing something wrong?
    01-01-11 11:43 AM
    the device should initialize but it is stuck in the infinite loop again.
    You are not doing anything wrong. That will work, if the device is not defective. It could be something as subtle as an open conductor on the logic board and impossible to test.
    01-01-11 12:52 PM
    so i should just give up on the phone?
    DAMN
    01-01-11 01:28 PM
    So i have a BLACKBERRY 8310 with JVM error 513

I have all the newest bb software and drivers, using windows 7.

The app loader wont find the USB device even for a second, tried 2 different batteries, with and without batteries and different usb cables. Tried to load with dos with the /nojvm command still nothing?

why wont the app loader find the device to fix it? got the jvm error after the kids entered the password wrong multiply times.......

Any suggestions as how to make the device appear to reinstall the OS??

please help STUCK!@!!@#
    01-02-11 10:34 PM
    Download www.bbsak.org and install it.

Now, open the system properties (press Windows key + Pause/SysReq, or right click on my computer > properties), navigate to the section at the top right to open device manager, it'll probably be under advanced system settings or advanced system properties, click Hardware tab or section, click Device Manager. Delete everything under Universal Serial Bus (USB) and restart the computer. Now connect your blackberry once booted to the desktop and after all disk activity has slowed to occasional activity. Launch BBSAK from the icon on the desktop, click Load OS. If nothing is displayed in the OS selection screen, you'll need to download the latest device software from your carrier (does BB software mean device software also?), but if it's already installed, select it and proceed. Try it with the battery in and see if you can load it.

So i have a BLACKBERRY 8310 with JVM error 513

I have all the newest bb software and drivers, using windows 7.

The app loader wont find the USB device even for a second, tried 2 different batteries, with and without batteries and different usb cables. Tried to load with dos with the /nojvm command still nothing?

why wont the app loader find the device to fix it? got the jvm error after the kids entered the password wrong multiply times.......

Any suggestions as how to make the device appear to reinstall the OS??

please help STUCK!@!!@#
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 12:30 AM
1,742 ... 5354555657 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD