11-26-17 11:05 AM
1,742 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    I am trying to find the 4.3 OS for my blackberry pearl 8120 as i have the same problem but cant find it anywhere. Can anyone help me please?
    01-17-10 09:46 AM
    I have an 8320. When I turn it on, the LED will stay on for 2 seconds, then off for 3, then back on, cycling over and over and will not turn on at all. No white screen, no error message...nothing. Any ideas?
    01-17-10 06:57 PM
    I have a Storm 9530, got flashing led after messenger update. Have tried everything. My problem is when I get to selecting coomunication port in loader.exe it's empty and the detect port box grayed out.

Using Vista 64 bit, deleted vendor file. reinstalled desktop and device software. Tried bbsak and crackmem.
    How can I get the computer to give me a port? I don't even get the com1 or com3. USB is selected in desktop manager. If i try another blackberry the computer recognizes it.
    01-18-10 12:24 AM
    The best way I have found to get the computer to recognize the BB is to have the apploader up on the screen, the BB plugged in and then snap the battery in, for a few seconds the greyed out box will change and if you hit ok right then it will go on loading
    01-18-10 11:29 AM
    i have a similar problem w my bold.. it doesnt turn on just a red light for a couple of seconds and then turns off.... now two things im curious about... when i run the loader the red light is on as if it was charging or watever... but as soon as it tries to connect arm it shuts off... then after it loads system files ... and tries to reboot device... my bb just doesnt do it... this happens in step two of the installation... anybody have a clue on how to fix that so i cud install new os
    01-24-10 01:45 PM
    So I have been scouring the web for help, each step I get a little bit further, only to be led by false hope.

My 8320 is not working. It began not holding a charge, I would have to charge the battery in my other 8320 and transferring it every morning. Then it started shutting off and on at will and saying battery drained, when in fact the battery was fine.
    So I began the OS process. I have an updated desktop manager installed as well as the handheld os for my phone. I have gone thru the desktop manager, the app loader and jl_cmder.

Yesterday a red light came on intermittenly. When the battery was in, it showed the lightning bolt. At one point there was the 507 error msg, but I resolved that thru the app loader.

I see the blackberry in the USB device manager on the computer, but an error bubble comes up saying the device is not recognized/malfunctioning. It is not recognized in the DM or the Apploader, but it will not connect to the jl_cmder. I have also tried BBSAK.

I have tried wiping and uploading new OS but it stops at JVM reconnecting and says it is not connecting to the device and cancels the install.

When I plug it in to the USB the red led light comes on for a minute, then goes off and the lightning bolt symbol appears.

I know the DM works as well as the current USB cord, as I did a test run on my other 8320 and it updated perfectly.

I feel as though I may have exhausted all of my options, perhaps you have a solution?
    01-25-10 04:11 PM
    So I have been scouring the web for help, each step I get a little bit further, only to be led by false hope.

My 8320 is not working. It began not holding a charge, I would have to charge the battery in my other 8320 and transferring it every morning. Then it started shutting off and on at will and saying battery drained, when in fact the battery was fine.
    So I began the OS process. I have an updated desktop manager installed as well as the handheld os for my phone. I have gone thru the desktop manager, the app loader and jl_cmder.

Yesterday a red light came on intermittenly. When the battery was in, it showed the lightning bolt. At one point there was the 507 error msg, but I resolved that thru the app loader.

I see the blackberry in the USB device manager on the computer, but an error bubble comes up saying the device is not recognized/malfunctioning. It is not recognized in the DM or the Apploader, but it will not connect to the jl_cmder. I have also tried BBSAK.

I have tried wiping and uploading new OS but it stops at JVM reconnecting and says it is not connecting to the device and cancels the install.

When I plug it in to the USB the red led light comes on for a minute, then goes off and the lightning bolt symbol appears.

I know the DM works as well as the current USB cord, as I did a test run on my other 8320 and it updated perfectly.

I feel as though I may have exhausted all of my options, perhaps you have a solution?
    You have ruled out almost everything else, it does sound like a problem with the battery or the internal power supply logic.

You can try cleaning the four Gold battery contacts with a pink rubber eraser. Inspect the four contact pins too, they should be evenly aligned.

01-25-10 09:32 PM
    when i finish the dos commands it just opens the application loader software is that what its meant to do.

do i follow through with that software or just leave it for 30 minutes and dos will do something for me ? im losing it here, starting to get confused.

pls help
    01-28-10 06:19 PM
    Yes. Applications Loader is the heart or the rebuild. The command line tells it to do a full build.

It is normal for the rebuild to take 30 - 60 minunits. Do not interrupt it unless you see an error message.
    01-28-10 08:13 PM
    had an error when downgrading my vzw storm to .419, used dm to do it. reboots to a white error screen as soon as it gets about 1/8 of the way into loading files.

apploader can't connect with the battery in, with the battery out, using the nojvm method. nothing. it hangs when trying to connect jvm(thought that's what the command prompt was supposed to cancel.)

using windows 7 in vista compatibility mode for the apploader.

none of the methods that say they stop the reboot cycle are stopping it for my bb. the error message says that software wasn't loaded correctly and that it needs reloaded. only i can't reload it because it immediately boots. getting frustrated.
    02-01-10 09:18 AM
    reboots to a white error screen as soon as it gets about 1/8 of the way into loading files. ...
    Is there an actual error message or is the screen white with a spinning hour glass?

If it is the hour glass, that is normal. Let it continue.
    02-01-10 09:30 AM
    sorry, gets about 3/4 of the way into loading and then displays reload software: 507

apploader can not connect after device initialization/connecting to jvm portion of software loading.

edit: as soon as i connect the usb cable it goes into the reboot cycle.
    Last edited by ratmonkey; 02-01-10 at 09:47 AM.
    02-01-10 09:41 AM
    Got you now.

I would suggest repeating the OS download, something is not right in there.

Have you used any of the Shrink OS utilities? If so, try doing the full OS install first.
    02-01-10 10:02 AM
    negative, didn't like the .451 hybrids so tried to downgrade to .419, failed in the desktop manager loading. tried all of the nuked bb procedures here the blackberry will not connect to the computer at all.
    starts loading and gets a short ways into the loading status bar and displays several "not found" error messages in a list then reboots immediately. if the usb is not connected it will display the 507 error.
    02-01-10 10:08 AM
    Hey,
    So I been reading through post and this sounds like a place that has people who know what they are talking about. Here is my problem my phone was with me and out of nowhere it just turned off. It never made it back on ever and still hasn't a good 3 months later. I just got a new battery to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. I can't get it to turn on at all with a new battery or with it in the charger. I recently got a usb cable to connect it to my pc to attempt the os reload hoping it would work. Any ideas as to why it would randomly shut off on me out of nowhere before i go through with the os attempt. The battery that is old showed water damaged but I also have another one that is a pearl 8100 and said same thing but works perfectly. I haven't dropped it in any water but used it once when it was raining but it was under my hood that was only thing i could think of that would have anything water related. This is my last hope otherwise i stuck with my pearl or spending a arm and leg on new phone. Thanks
    02-01-10 08:57 PM
    Nice post!!!!!
    02-02-10 03:32 PM
    I have being trying this technique without any luck, would keep trying.
    02-02-10 03:33 PM
    I've got a dead 8320 Curve... normal routine of plugging it in at night and then picking it up to take to work in the morning, but last 2 days ago I picked it up and it wouldn't turn on... just a red flashing light.

Since then I've scoured the net finding every tidbit possible to recover my Curve. There is no water damage (both labels are 'normal'). I bought a new battery (just in case). I tried the JL_Cmder/JavaLoader but it would never connect.

I've done the "Loader /NOJVM" in every imaginable combination of USB ports, battery unplugged/plugged-in/plugged-in-later processes. It always looks like it might work until it gets to the second step and it sits there until it comes up with the inevitable "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

I've read that as long as the red-light is flashing it should be recoverable, that it isn't completely toast... but I'm losing hope at this point.

I'm trying to figure out what is different about my situation from all the recovery situation that appear to work for others -- one thing is that my screen has never come on. It is always black/blank. Others refer to a white screen with an hourglass but I've never seen the screen even flash/flicker on mine since it died let-alone show an hourglass.

Is there some step I'm missing or how can I tell if I'm wasting my time because mine really is 'bricked'. I still get the red flashing light, it still comes up with "USB PIN:UNKNOWN" on the AppLoader, and it still erases/loads the system... but it will never start up. Is there anything else I should be trying?

Anyone know why these die like this... nothing out of the ordinary happened, it just didn't come on one morning. Should I be avoiding blackberrys? It is just over a year old ... between me and the my wife and kid's we've probably had a dozen cell phones in the past 10 years and none of them have ever just 'died'.
    its all the same with me but the screen is white and showing wiping and it stops at 14% and keep restarting, i have bold 9000 at&t but unlocked
    don't know what to do? any further suggestion
    02-02-10 05:38 PM
    I have the storm and mine is doing the SAME exact thing!
    02-09-10 03:07 PM
    I have a 9530 Storm and a month ago I had it charging beside the bed when i noticed it lit up and said my memory is under such and such amount and i need to delete some apps. So i deleted CNN and NBC and Quick Pull. It then prompted me that it needs to be rebooted and i clicked ok. That was the last of it. It never came back on! Just the red Led light will flash a few times! Its an unlocked storm and i took it to Verizon and At&t and tried a diff battery and it did the same thing. i have searched and searched on here and I have tried everything under the moon to get this phone working again and i am desperate! I have done the battery pull, i have done the command thing, i have done it all especially the one where you have to keep plugging it in when the red light comes on so the pc will recognize it when it says UNKNOWN and it uploads everything until it gets to initializing the device...it will then say it plug the device in and so forth. Is anyone else having this problem? I could use some help!!
    02-09-10 03:35 PM
    Is anyone else having this problem? I could use some help!!
    The fact that you can start the process means everthing is configured correctly.

The next supect is the USB ports on your computer. BlackBerry has produced this paper to help diagnose USB releated problems.

View Document
    02-09-10 03:42 PM
    Ive tried to check the USB ports through the blackberry website but due to Firefox i am assuming, it wont let me. says they cant find anything....when it rains it pours.
    02-09-10 04:13 PM
    Good, at least we have ruled out the simple solution.

If you are using Windows XP, there could be a driver issue. The USB drivers are on the install CD and should have been installed along with DeskTop Manager.

If you downloaded DTM, you would not have gotten the files.

Install BlackBerry USB and Modem drivers. That may be enough to complete the connection.

Use the link in the first post, BlackBerry Desktop Softwate, to locate the drivers.
    I'm having the same problem as this guy, my phone will not be read by my computer, it gives me a prompt saying that the device has malfuntioned, I Do Not have the CD for bb software to "complete the connection." is there anything i can do??? i've been without a phone for a day now and i really dont want to report it to the insurance if i can fix it on my own, anybody??? help please and thx
    02-09-10 06:07 PM
    The drivers are part of the BlackBerry Desktop Tools package. You can download it at:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    02-09-10 07:13 PM
    Thx I found out it was my ancient laptop that was and still is acting up. Even when I try uninstalling my bb software it won't let me its very odd. I ended up using my home pc to fix the problem. Trying different USB cables really does help believe it or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 01:45 AM
1,742 ... 4243444546 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD