11-26-17 11:05 AM
1,742 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    hey you man!!

thats works!!!!!! thanks!!! thanks a lot!!!
    11-10-09 02:15 PM
    No sign of the red led light coming on at all? I have tried different batteries and even plugging it into the charger or USB. Not even a glimmer of hope? Should I try to find someone to fix it or just upgrade the phone to the Bold 2 (9700)? (Dead Curve 8310)
    Last edited by tearabell; 11-11-09 at 11:24 AM. Reason: More info!
    11-11-09 10:36 AM
    A question in this vein. My Tour bricked (again) today and I was able to restore it to its factory setting (OS .42). Now that I've got it up and running to I need to resinstall the latest OS (.57) separately before restoring my recently backed up data and programs or will a restore of a full backup take me back to .57 without having to install it separately?

Thanks!
    11-11-09 03:37 PM
    Hi all

I have a problem I was transferring data from my girlfriends blackberry pearl 8130 to another 8130 phone I did back up all the data from her old phone and was transferring the data to the other phone and she pick it up well it was loading the software and then the error came up 507.

Now I have down loaded the desktop manager and the latest version blackberry for telus.

I read all the forums for this problem and tried them all, with no luck.

This what is happening I am able to delete the software but when it comes to loading it back on to the phone it cant see the phone via the usb I switch out 2 usb cords and still have the same problem I have talked to blackberry and telus techs on the black berry side and they could not help me past this point. I fallowed the steps on the forum first and still no luck.

So I'm asking if there is anyone here has gone through this and how did you fix it. I'm looking for a cure. thanks all
    11-11-09 09:56 PM
    For those whose Blackberries are completely dead - no LED light, no nothing.

My Blackberry Curve shut off yesterday. I knew the battery had power, but I could not get it to turn on again. No LED. I was reading this thread and despairing that I was going to have to get my Curve replaced.

Well, I left the phone plugged in last night just in case there would be a sign of life from the battery.

It occurred to me that perhaps there was something wrong with the connection from the battery.

See, sometimes my Curve shuts off for no good reason. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen once in a while. So when that happens, I'll take the battery out and pop it back in and the Curve is back to normal.

This time, when I put the battery back in, the Curve would not turn on - dead, no LED, etc.

I must have removed that battery 10 times to no avail yesterday.

This morning, I thought I'd try once again. But this time, I fiddled with the gold battery connectors at the bottom right in the phone. I didn't do much with them - just poke at them with my finger a few times.

Popped the battery back in, and VOILA! My phone is working again!

So if you have a completely dead Curve, you might try cleaning or adjusting the battery connectors on the phone. They are these 4 little golden rods sticking up on the bottom right corner.

I wanted to share my success in case it would help others. I was tearing my hair out because my Blackberry is my only phone.

Hope this helps someone.
    11-12-09 11:25 AM
    So if you have a completely dead Curve, you might try cleaning or adjusting the battery connectors on the phone. They are these 4 little golden rods sticking up on the bottom right corner.
    Thank you for posting your experience, it will be of value to many. Feedback that produces results gets reinforced and remembered.
    11-12-09 01:00 PM
    I have tried that to no avail.... thanks for the info though!
    11-12-09 01:03 PM
    Work around for hang at JVM step. I was updating my girlfriends Blackberry 8100 and it would hang at the "reconnecting to JVM" step of the install. I found that if you use the Safely Remove Hardware function in windows to stop the device, then unplug the usb cord from the phone and immediately plug the usb cord back in, the software will continue on like it should. May want to leave it at the JVM step a few min to make sure its not just going slow. Had to stop and reconnect the device 3 times during the patch, once for each time it got to that same JVM step. Dont mess with it at task 9 of 10, that one just takes a long time and says nothing about JVM there. The phone is up and going fine. Hope the helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 08:34 PM
    Hey Guys,

This is my first post here as I usually try to search the forum (and others) for every bit of information I can get before I bug anyone.

My phone (Tour 9630) bricked (error 523) last night and I have been trying to fix it. I have the official OS for my phone and provider, and the latest DM.

The USB connection seems to be ok so that seems like the only hope I have, the AppLoader seems to recognize it without a problem. However, when I start the update/reinstall of the OS through AppLoader I get a fatal error and i'm forced to cancel. I've tried with the battery both in and out.

Then I figured my phone was really nuked bad so I tried to perform a wipe using jl_cmder then maybe I could reinstall the OS onto my BB after wiping. When I type in blackberry as the last step of the wipe through jl_cmder, it goes back to the main menu and nothing happens. I have also tried this with the battery both in and out many times.

So - I cannot reinstall my OS through AppLoader, nor can I wipe the phone with jl_cmder. Is my phone bricked beyond repair? I have already ordered a Bold 9700 so I won't be needing to call Telus for a repair/replacement - i'm just trying to fix this one so I can give it to my brother.

If anyone could help, that'd be great and MUCH appreciated. I've spent close to 3 hours trying to unbrick my phone and i've sifted through at least 5 tutorials.

Many thanks in advance to the CrackBerry community!
    11-16-09 12:30 AM
    Hi I had my blackberry nuked a couple of times and I solved the problem with the guide I found in 101 BB Help, but yesterday I wiped my device and when I try to upload any OS 4.6 or 5.0 beta (I have a 8900 bb) It got nuked again and again.. I will like to proceed with the steps with the Command file but Iam a lil bit scared about that.. do you think that will fix my problem???
    11-21-09 08:13 AM
    Humm... Let's start with defining "Nuked"

What are the symptoms you see and were there any error messages?

IMHO, before you install beta test software, you should have a known good OS version installed to roll back when trouble occures.

If you have the current v4.6xx software, concentrate on that until you have a reliable build.
    11-21-09 09:49 AM
    hope this never happens but thanks for the guide if it ever does
    11-21-09 09:56 AM
    Ok thanks for the help.. The thing is that when I finish the upload of the OS 4.6 my device reboots and turns on (red LED comes on for a few seconds), then you see the white screen with the hourglass of death, and then the display shuts off, the device shuts off, a few seconds go by and then it starts up and does the same thing again and again and again... that happened after I wiped my device and installed the beta OS.. and then when I installed the old 4.6 OS that I was using.. I tried with an other reliable OS 4.6 that I downloaded form AT&T but I doesnt work..(and I have eliminated the vendor.xlm file)..any idea of what is wrong with my device??
    11-21-09 10:30 AM
    And no error message appeared...It just wont start up..
    11-21-09 11:13 AM
    Well I just resurrected a 8320 using this method THANK YOU!!! but does this mean I cant update to 4.5?
    11-21-09 10:33 PM
    I first attempted to update my curve and used jlwipe program, which I have used a ton of times with success. While updating the phone through desktop manager it disconnected and would not connect again. I got the "red light of death". I tried everything, after three hours searching this site. I gave up went to verizon, was told I would have to go through insurance, next day and $50 later I had a new curve. I blamed the failed install on jlwipe.

Last night, I attempted to update my girlfriends storm using only the desktop manager and halfway through the process the phone lost its connection to the computer and the phone was left with the "double blinking red light of death". The gf was very mad.

I tried everything from all the tutorials and nothing would work, the phone would disconnect during the "JVM" portion of the update everytime. So after pretty much giving up and accepting the fact that because she doesn't have insurance I would have to buy a new storm at full cost. I decided to try another pc.

I dusted off a really really old Dell pentium 3 computer that I had. Started her up and did some updates. I installed the up to date OS version. Deleted the vender file and followed the instructions from the "101 how to un-nuke youre phone" tutorial. And like magic the phone accepted the update and now my girlfriend is happy and so am I.

So there is obviously something wrong with my main pc causing the update not to work. Now I'm kinda pissed that I could've fixed my curve and saved $50.00.
    11-25-09 10:14 AM
    Ok thanks for the help.. The thing is that when I finish the upload of the OS 4.6 my device reboots and turns on (red LED comes on for a few seconds), then you see the white screen with the hourglass of death, and then the display shuts off, the device shuts off, a few seconds go by and then it starts up and does the same thing again and again and again... that happened after I wiped my device and installed the beta OS.. and then when I installed the old 4.6 OS that I was using.. I tried with an other reliable OS 4.6 that I downloaded form AT&T but I doesnt work..(and I have eliminated the vendor.xlm file)..any idea of what is wrong with my device??
    Try removing your Media Card.

I have encountered situations where the Media Card has been corrupted during the OS upgrade.

It that does correct the problem, try re-formatting the media card with a PC computer before you re-install it.
    11-25-09 10:44 AM
    So there is obviously something wrong with my main pc causing the update not to work. Now I'm kinda pissed that I could've fixed my curve and saved $50.00.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

The USB port on a PC computer will usually work reliably, but there are situations where they fail, taking the BlackBerry with them

11-25-09 10:48 AM
    Ok i read through most of this thread and couldnt find an answer, well i found lots of answers just none seemed to work!

This is my first post because this is my first real problem! I get the JVM error 102, i have the led a solid red when i put the battery in for about 30 seconds and then the little hourglass followed by the error. I am using a blackberry bold 9000!
    Essentially i follow the steps, and when the apploader opens it doesnt show my blackberry infact my blackberry doesnt connect to my pc at all!
    I was just wondering if i could get any answers!
    11-27-09 05:39 PM
    when the apploader opens it doesnt show my blackberry infact my blackberry doesnt connect to my pc at all!
    The first step is to troubleshoot your USB ports:

View Document

Once you have a good connection, it should proceed.
    11-27-09 05:52 PM
    Still nothing...
    The blackberry does not go to the error message when plugged in the red light just stays on!

Just to say the usb ports work, i tested my usb mouse in them!
    11-27-09 06:23 PM
    thanks! I kept trying it with the blackberry 101 instructions and then I tried yours a couple of times and then suddenly I got the 507 error and then it stopped it working, so i kept my persistence and after 3 more times it worked! Now I can keep this 8130 pearl as a backup or I might put it on ebay haha. Thanks again!
    11-27-09 09:06 PM
    I went to the att website to look for software to reboot on to my nuked berry, but i cant find any. could you give me a weblink or advice on how to get to the place to download the software onto my computer so I can start trying to revive my phone.
    11-27-09 10:44 PM
    So I have a Bold that has died. Meaning no LED lights, no screen, no power, no nothing.

I have tried so many different ways to revive it to no avail.
    I had to go and buy a new Bold just so I can have a BB in hand.

Is there anyway I can bring it back to life?
    It was water damage from the beginning. It didn't work for a couple days but once it dried, it started working properly.
    The first few days, the keyboard was all messed up but after completely drying, it worked perfectly fine.

About a month to a month and a half later, it died in the middle of the night and hasn't been working since.
    Anyway I can do something about it? I've tried a new battery, tried usb plug-in, tried leaving the battery out. Tried almost everything.

Need help!

Regards

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:08 PM
    If it will not respond to Applications Loader, there is no hope of recovering it. Strange that it recovered for a while, then failed completley.

Odds are good there are salvagable parts like the keyboad and screen, in case you have need of them in future.
    11-29-09 12:44 PM
1,742 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD