Your description included "hot", that might be the clue we are looking for. Nothing else has changed.
    So I got the new battery, charged it all up and no signs of life.... Still no power at all. Any other ideas...?
    08-12-08 04:11 AM
    When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:

1. Totally dead.

2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.

3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.

Reed, I had the dreaded JVM Error 513 on my BB8310 and I started pulling out the few remaining hairs I have on top of my head... Until I found this post.

Went through the reload OK, now taking the seemingly month-long reboot, but confidence is high.

Thank you! Grazie! Gracias! Danke! Cheers! etc....

Anthony
    08-12-08 05:41 PM
    The restart does put it demands on patience, but that is a very good sign.

Makes my day, every time this happens.
    08-12-08 05:56 PM
    The restart does put it demands on patience, but that is a very good sign.

Makes my day, every time this happens.
    It sure made mine! V .55 is working and everything is re-installed and restored. Woo hoo!!
    08-12-08 08:53 PM
    Is there any way to do this with a Mac?

Otherwise, I need to find my original install disks.

My 8330 is only 1 week old! Got dropped into a pool this last weekend and was at the bottom for at least 30-45 seconds.

I just took my 8330 out of the bag of rice and silica packets, and it looks ok, but no power. I plugged in the cord, and there is a faint half-green LED, barely visible. It's not getting hot, but no screen activity. I know the battery was only 20% at the time of "the incident", so maybe I'll let it charge overnight and pray for a miracle...

Thanks for any suggestions..
    08-13-08 01:42 AM
    I am sorry, there are no provisions for Macintosh. You will need the short term use of a Windows computer.

Drying with a dissicant is your best bet for removing all the moisture.

Good luck.
    08-13-08 09:40 AM
    I am very new to the BB... I got a 7130G from a friend, brand new though I know it is an older model. Everything worked great for about 2 months and then one morning I went to power it on and it came on for a second, then died. Totally. Not the hourglass screen I keep reading about, just dead. Black screen, no LED light. I get no signs of life at all. The only other sympton was the phone felt hot when I unplugged it. I have loaded the desktop manager on my PC and the computer still does not recognize the phone. Please help!? I am lost and have been searching for an answer for a week....
    Can anyone help? I have gotten a new battery and tried that as a solution, but still dead. No screen power, the status/led light still does not come on, and the computer will not recognize the phone.... I'll try anything at this point.... Anyone have ideas?
    08-14-08 04:33 PM
    Is there anything I can do to minimize this process before anything happens? Seems I should be able to create a mirror image of my OS and software on my computer, then install it in my Berry when needed. A neat program for someone who wants to make a million!
    08-14-08 05:31 PM
    Stoner I checked out this post and have tried all these procedures. I get to "waiting for device initialization" and the apploader stops and gives me there error "a problem occurred in connection during a multi stage download". The phone goes back to the original problem of hourglass white screen followed by black screen solid red light. I have done this over 20 times atleast. Anything else I can try?
    08-14-08 10:08 PM
    Can anyone help? I have gotten a new battery and tried that as a solution, but still dead. No screen power, the status/led light still does not come on, and the computer will not recognize the phone.... I'll try anything at this point.... Anyone have ideas?
    I am sorry, it appears that one is actually dead.
    08-15-08 02:02 PM
    Is there anything I can do to minimize this process before anything happens? Seems I should be able to create a mirror image of my OS and software on my computer, then install it in my Berry when needed. A neat program for someone who wants to make a million!
    That is an interesting idea. We have system images for years with real computers, why not with the BlackBerry?

This process is instructed to overwrite the existing, or lack of, an OS. When it is done, you will have the equivent of a wiped device.

Hopefully, you have a recient backup, you will need it someday.
    08-15-08 02:05 PM
    Stoner I checked out this post and have tried all these procedures. I get to "waiting for device initialization" and the apploader stops and gives me there error "a problem occurred in connection during a multi stage download". The phone goes back to the original problem of hourglass white screen followed by black screen solid red light. I have done this over 20 times atleast. Anything else I can try?
    Check your Windows control panel. In System there is a tab for device settings.

USB will be near the bottom. Verify it is correctly installed and no alerts are present. If there are, delete them and reboot the computer.

If they are configured correctly, try the command line prompt again, but without the battery in place. Insert the battey and monitor the connection. If it flashed USB for a moment, you are almost there. Do it again, but be ready to click on the Connect button when it does.
    08-15-08 02:09 PM
    BB Curve help by meCka 06:28 PM Today --
    hey i was doing the 4.5 update on my 8310 and then i got an error and it stopped.now my device is completely dead, i just have a black screen and a red blinking light any ideas?please help me i just got it today :-)
    The good news is, you have already installed everything you need.

The bad news is, something failed to connect and left you dead in the water.

I would start with an uninstall of the offending OS. If you have previousley installed your carriers OS, the roll back will be automatic.

If you neglected that step, do it now.

Then, execute the command line with the /nojvm switch.

That should wipe you back to "out of the box".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 08:35 PM
    This might be the wrong place for this, but my blackberry pearl has gone threw the wash. Iv let it sit on a vent hoping it will dry it out and when i try turning it on all i have is a solid blue led light..what does this mean? and will the phone be revieved or shall i get a new one
    08-15-08 11:28 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Water and delicate electronics don't mix very well.

If there is any change moisture remains in the device, it will likely prevent it from working at all.

The fact that you have a blue LED is promising, there is something still alive in there.

In order to guarantee you got all the moisture, place the Pearl in a sealed container on a layer of dry rice. Set that in a warm place for 24 hours.

If that does not correct the startup, continue with the command line steps. There is a chance it can access the device and force a new OS load.

If that doesn't work, I am afraid it is history.
    08-16-08 10:07 AM
    Berries are scared of water...
    08-16-08 10:09 AM
    this just happen to me.. and im going crazy without my BB. hopefully when i try this it will bring it back to life.
    08-19-08 01:18 PM
    okay this is driving me insane.i haven't even had this phone a month yet and i look over at my blackberry. i see a black screen and red blinking lights.wont turn on.computer wont recognize the usb....i've tried both of the links you've given.nothing will work...been up all night trying to fix this..i'm at my wits end.please help.
    08-20-08 04:44 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Blank screen with a red blinking LED.

It might be possible to connect with the correct timing.

Start Applications Loader and remove the battery from the device. Connect the device and insert the battery while monitoring the Connection setting.

If you see USB appear briefly, repeat the procedure but be ready to click on Connect during the USB apperance.

Can you give us some background on the device?

Was anything changed prior to the symptom? I presume you have downloaded and installed AT&T 8310 device OS, that will be v4.2xxx.
    08-20-08 10:24 AM
    Ok I can get in to the application loader and follow the steps but it keeps telling me there is no software for my phone! I downloaded the OS from Blackberry ran it still no luck!

message: "Black Berry Desktop software does not have Black Berry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer"

it looks for an .alx or .ali file that is not there

Help

Chris
    08-21-08 08:53 PM
    Ok found the 8820 alx files and now i get an error saying "no additional apps were found for this device" when i click on any of the files! WTF

HELP
    08-21-08 09:00 PM
    hey

I foolishly attempted to load 4.5 onto my 8100 from rogers... didnt go well.

so i followed the steps listed here (including the JL Cmder wiping), however when i finish and the application loader wizard is done and happy... i get the never ending hourglass.

admitedly i tried loading 4.5 again on that and im retrying with 4.2 as provided by rogers. but am i honestly supposed to wait with 20 minutes of hour glass after the wizard is done before the hourglasses stop?

<EDIT> the hourglasses ended after 2 hours... so if anyone gets this, seriously it can take forever. thankfully it works.
    now do i risk trying it again to get 4.5 onto it haha maybe when i have another evening to waste
    Last edited by canadian87; 08-22-08 at 07:29 AM.
    08-21-08 10:00 PM
    Ok I can get in to the application loader and follow the steps but it keeps telling me there is no software for my phone! I downloaded the OS from Blackberry ran it still no luck!

message: "Black Berry Desktop software does not have Black Berry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer"

it looks for an .alx or .ali file that is not there

Help

Chris
    Ok found the 8820 alx files and now i get an error saying "no additional apps were found for this device" when i click on any of the files! WTF

HELP
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

Remove the vendor.xml file and try again.
    08-22-08 09:35 AM
    hey

I foolishly attempted to load 4.5 onto my 8100 from rogers... didnt go well.

so i followed the steps listed here (including the JL Cmder wiping), however when i finish and the application loader wizard is done and happy... i get the never ending hourglass.

admitedly i tried loading 4.5 again on that and im retrying with 4.2 as provided by rogers. but am i honestly supposed to wait with 20 minutes of hour glass after the wizard is done before the hourglasses stop?

<EDIT> the hourglasses ended after 2 hours... so if anyone gets this, seriously it can take forever. thankfully it works.
    now do i risk trying it again to get 4.5 onto it haha maybe when i have another evening to waste
    Good to know, 20 - 30 minutes has been my typical experience.
    08-22-08 09:37 AM
    Remove the vendor.xml file and try again. [/QUOTE]

It worked!!!! thanks!!! [/QUOTE]
    08-22-08 02:35 PM
1,742 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD