I have the white screen with an error code that says "Reload Software 552"

I've followed all the directions right up to the NOJVM command and when I hit enter there, I get a pop up that says "The Application Loader Wizard requires the Blackberry Desktop Manager to be installed. Please contant customer support."

But it is installed on my laptop....so I'm confused?? Any ideas??
    10-14-09 12:51 PM
    Oh wait! Think I got it! It looks like it's working, so let's see how it goes...
    10-14-09 01:21 PM
    Another Blackberry saved!!!! Thank you guys!
    10-14-09 01:45 PM
    [QUOTE=Reed McLay;281396][color=green]When your device fails to start, it show one of these symptoms:

1. Totally dead.

2. Trying to restart, LED activity only.

3. Failed to start, a white screen with an error message.

__________________________________________________ ________

1. Physical damage, water is the worst enemy of delicate electronic device. Try drying it with a desiccant and replacing the battery. If there is no activity, you can still try the last ditch technique, nothing to loose anyway.

... if you do not turn the device on, remove the battery, shake as much water out of it and then shove it into a bag of rice.. the rice will absorb the water and should give you a 60% better chance of recovering the device...
    werd
    10-14-09 10:47 PM
    i got the 507 "reload software" error. I have tried everything and now my storm is caught in a load up loop. the progress bar gets to equal to the blackberry button. stalls than shows a quick white screen that says file error and some other stuff. that the clock and starts all over again.

on the desktop the BM does not even see the "pin" for the device.

my local verizon store said they have never seen this before.

I was trying to switch the OS to 148 from 230.........

Help Help................
    reload the OS for 148 and try to stay away from the 230 since it is not optimized for VZW service
    10-14-09 11:41 PM
    Snow leopard actually?
    go to blackberry and DL the MAC BBDM... have heard from custs about it having issues with their harddrives being toasted.. could have been issue with machine (did not T/S this personally... so take it at face value)
    10-14-09 11:44 PM
    I tried this with a Sprint Tour......NO LUCK
    10-18-09 01:14 PM
    Little help please!! My bb curve 8350i started to turn off and reboot on its on the other day, now its doing it more frequently and takes longer and longer for it to reboot. It will turn off the red led comes on and i get the white screen with the clock(or hour glass) on it and it starts to reboot for a few min then turns off and starts again. Is this a battery problem or do i need to reload software?

Any help would be great. Thanks
    10-20-09 10:17 PM
    Those symptoms suggest a hardware problem. The battery or the internal power supply is not providing the minimum power required. When the power is adaquate, it will restart and you will see the startup screen.

Try the battery first, if that does not correct the problem, you have isolated it to an internal component. It should be covered under your hardware warranty.
    10-21-09 09:17 AM
    I've got a 'Reload software: 513' message on my 9000 Bold. When attempt to connect to desktop manager it says 'device update failed' & resets the device, taking me back to square one. Is there any way to 'start from scratch' on a mac?
    10-25-09 08:46 AM
    Managed to borrow a Windows laptop & the lecture guide worked a treat.
    10-25-09 10:28 AM
    My Pearl makes no attemps at rebooting, all I get is the alternating 3 then 2 red LED flashes, and nothing I've tried will make my PC recognize it. I've 'Google'd this to death, I can find others with the same problem, but I can't find ANYONE who's been able to do ANYTHING with it! ...

Please, if anyone knows how to fix it, please post back!!!
    I'm in a similar situation, i've tried DM 5.0, 4.6, 4.5, 4.3, 4.2.2 & 4.2.1 and my PC doesn't detect it even with Old School Method, Does anyone have an idea?
    10-25-09 11:49 PM
    Bold 9000.
    Software upload 513.
    Got a Windows 7 ultimate PC.
    DM 5.
    Did it with cmd prompt.
    Thanks a lot.
    10-30-09 01:06 PM
    Unfortunately, my first post on here is about my seemingly dead Berry...

My Berry had water damage a few weeks ago and has been working fine since, but just a couple of days ago the screen went black and it has not turned on since

1) I checked to make sure that I have 2 BlackBerry entries under Control Panel (I am running Windows Vista 32-bit)
    2) I did the command line, the Application Loader pops up
    3) I click through the Application Loader Wizard until I get to the "Updating Your Device" screen
    4) It checks off "Load JVM and system software," but stops at the "Wait for device initialization" step
    5) After not doing anything for a while the error message "Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry" comes up

Any thoughts? Reed mentioned in a post a year ago that it could be a failure with the device USB connector??

Thanks so much for any and all help!
    10-31-09 04:45 PM
    Dude, thank you so much for posting this. You saved my life.
    11-06-09 09:47 PM
    My 8100 pearl was interrupted during an os patch and has no os on it. None of the fixes i could find would work. When i run apploader and get to the Device application selection window there is an error message in the window and all buttons are grayed out except the Add button. When i click on the add button it is looking for *.alx or *.ali files. Looks like i need one of those type of files for 8100 pearl with the core OS in it. I get a connection to the device ok and enter the password but can not get passed this screen. Once connected I can run the Desktop Manager and get it to start to update but looses connection around the jvm step. This has had no physical damage and should work if i can get an OS back on it, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 01:13 AM
    I got it goin! Even though the Desktop Manager did not show any blackberry connected I was able to run the Application Loader which then connected to it. And when it got to the error screen during the jvm part, i walked away for a min and then came back and hit the Retry button and it started going again! The dead phone is now fixed, hope this helps someone else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 02:51 PM
    Folks - Wondering if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong? My Bold 9000 "died" or won't seem to power up ever since I removed the battery from it 2 days ago to access the SIM. When I put the battery back in, there was no response. I initially thought it was a battery issue, so I bought a new battery and the phone would still not power it on. I know the batteries have a charge in them as I can hear a "connecting" sound with the speaker when I put a battery in if listen real closely, however, nothing else happens. I've tried everything, from letting the battery and phone sit for 24 hours to keeping it plugged in overnight.

Finally, I stumbled onto this thread and have tried the steps outlined in the initial post, yet nothing happens. When I try to DOS commands, I am able to initiate the App Loader but it does not detect my dead Bold 9000. I am not able to move past the "Communication Port Selection" screen. There is nothing in the dropdown and I am not able to select the "NEXT" or "Detect communication port" options. I've tried the method in Blackberry 101 about trying to get the PIN not detected option, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions on how I can jumpstart my Bold without sending it in for a refurb???? I've only had the Bold for 2 months and have just passed the DOA criteria by 1 month.

Thanks.
    11-08-09 10:25 AM
    Sudden death like that is not common, but it does happen.

Is there any sign of life? Do you get the LED flash when you install the battey?

If not, a hardware replacement is the only solution.
    11-08-09 02:29 PM
    Hello, this is my first post on here and I really hope someone knows what to do. I was updating my BlackBerry Storm 9530 through my computer when it gave me an error message (unfortunately I don't remember what it said but the upgrade failed). Now, the BB won't turn on at all. It does not show up as being connected to the computer when it clearly is. Is there anything I can do? Or am I just screwed? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    11-08-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks. No sign of life can be observed.
    11-08-09 08:27 PM
    Hello, this is my first post on here and I really hope someone knows what to do. I was updating my BlackBerry Storm 9530 through my computer when it gave me an error message (unfortunately I don't remember what it said but the upgrade failed). Now, the BB won't turn on at all. It does not show up as being connected to the computer when it clearly is. Is there anything I can do? Or am I just screwed? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    The most common failure is during the reconnection stage.

Try it again, if it still fails, you may have a USB connection problem.

View Document
    11-09-09 03:23 PM
    The most common failure is during the reconnection stage.

Try it again, if it still fails, you may have a USB connection problem.
    Thanks, but I actually went to Verizon today, and they said that the phone is completely dead--just a paperweight at this point. They're shipping me out a new one on Wednesday.
    11-09-09 05:05 PM
    my pearl 8110 got locked up and i don't know which os to try to revive it with...does it matter which one i pick because i don't know which one i had, which carrier supplied the os because i bought my pearl on ebay and i use it in europe on a non-listed carrier. does it matter which one i download?
    11-09-09 05:52 PM
    I does not matter which one you use, as long as it is model specific. During the install process, the internal branding will determine which carrier specific themes to install.

This is the most current available.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...tilang-343225/
    11-09-09 07:34 PM
1,742 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD