Hi,

I was having problems with my curve 8320.Starting With Blinking Red LED, Unable to connect to device / Fails to initialize ( 2nd Steps after loading JVM)
    but moved on with that.
    I tried all methods of recovering 8320, By installing these following:
    *Blackberry USB/Driver devices
    *Crack Util
    *Crack Mem
    *BB DS 5.0 (Which Ended usinging 4,3)
    *BB OS 5.0/4.5/4.2 (Successfully installed - 4,2)
    *Followed The "blackberry-101" Done Till Steps #3

But it will not turn On nor Reboot,Blank Screen With Green LED, i tried to check the battery but that was not the problem.

Can someone Help me with the next Steps ?
    I am doing these for almost 4 Weeks.. S.O.S

*My BB Pin also Changed: From 2545**** to 200A**** after i sent it to repair and they are unable to do anything.
    Help ~
    Last edited by darkaeon; 09-15-09 at 06:22 AM.
    09-15-09 03:00 AM
    hi every one! i lost my blackberry again! and this time i dont think there is any hope to " resurrect it" again, here is the scenario: it fell in the water couple month ago but i did fix it by rinsing it with distilled water and baking it and wiping it with JL_ cmdr , but yesterday i was rebooting my BB and put it back into the holster, when i took it after a while all i saw was a black screen and a solid red light
    i tried every possible solution mentioned in this forum but nothing: windows doesn't recognize the devise, the application loader shows me only COM1 and COM3 and JL_cmder cant connect
    any solutions please! i dont wanna loose my BB.
    any help please!!!
    If it does not work after drying out, there is not much hope. Sorry.
    09-15-09 09:42 AM
    Hi all,

i got a blackberry 9000 bold. Today my BB commited suicide. The phone stucked on a wmv movie and i pulled the battery out. After a couple of minutes i placed it back...unfortunatly I got a black screen with no signals or leds at all.

The following steps I've tried:

- Connecting with desktop manager (windows does not see the phone)
    - Connecting with JL_Cmder (no connection) also tried the hardway solution with javaloader /nojvm
    - Connectin with Crackutil (no connection)
    I have tried also, battery out and in, simcard out and in etcetera...

The phone will not turn on, and has no leds turned on...the screen is black and dead.

If you can see, I'm running out of options..Does anyone knows what I can do or what the solution might be?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    The only suggestion I can offer is try a known good battery.

09-15-09 09:46 AM
    Hi,

I was having problems with my curve 8320.Starting With Blinking Red LED, Unable to connect to device / Fails to initialize ( 2nd Steps after loading JVM) but moved on with that.
    I tried all methods of recovering 8320, By installing these following:
    *Blackberry USB/Driver devices
    *Crack Util
    *Crack Mem
    *BB DS 5.0 (Which Ended usinging 4,3)
    *BB OS 5.0/4.5/4.2 (Successfully installed - 4,2)
    *Followed The "blackberry-101" Done Till Steps #3

But it will not turn On nor Reboot,Blank Screen With Green LED, i tried to check the battery but that was not the problem.

Can someone Help me with the next Steps ?
    I am doing these for almost 4 Weeks.. S.O.S

*My BB Pin also Changed: From 2545**** to 200A**** after i sent it to repair and they are unable to do anything.
    Help ~
    The only explanation for a PIN change is the main logic board has been exchanged.

If your repair shop has not been able to recover it, there is nothing else I can suggest.
    09-15-09 09:52 AM
    I am having a really big problem.....I nuked my BB this morning....was getting only the white screen....I went through programs...../research in motion/app loader......and got to the part that said enter password....and then my bold went dead...no LED red light, nothing when I try to turn it on, nothing when I plug in the charger.........help......my BB is completely DEAD!.....I think I totally messed it uo this time
    09-15-09 06:26 PM
    So all of a sudden my storm 9530 decided to stop working tonight while I wasn't even using it. I followed the directions in your thread multiple times to no avail. I've been getting the jvm error 102 message without a continuous restart but it just keeps the message on the screen until i click it, then it restarts and stops at the same jvm error 102.

My Storm 9530 is unlocked and I'm using it on T-mobile. I've been running one of lydical's more recent hybrids but not the most recent and I had just Downloaded the new Opera Mini Beta 5. Here's the really strange thing, when I try to fix my berry the apploader gives me one of two messages,

1. "The Blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Please contact...blah blah blah"

or

2. "The application 'Blackberry S/MIME Email Library' cannot be loaded because it requires the following apps that are not available:
    net.rim.blackberry.crypto1
    net.rim.blackberry.pgp
    net.rim.blackberry.secureemail
    net.rim.blackberry.cryptoappsapi
    net.rim.blackberry.keystorebrowser
    net.rim.blackberry.keystorebrowser.certificate
    net.rim.blackberry.ldapbrowser
    net.rim.blackberry.ldapbrowser.x509"

any Ideas?

Thanks!
    09-17-09 12:10 AM
    Nevermind! I fixed it with BBSAK
    09-17-09 11:07 AM
    I'm new to the forum, as a hobby I like to fix cellphones for friends...I obtained a so-called "dead" blackberry storm 9530 off the internet, connected it to my WinXP (all updated) computer, downloaded Desktop manager 4.7 and various firmwares including a beta 5.0 version.

When I got the storm it had a battery in it, but no led light at all and a completely black screen. I purchased a new battery and external charger, put the new battery in....no led light, black screen. I hooked it up to the computer and it was recognized and installed, but it was stuck in the bootloop. I searched the forums on how to fix the problem, was able to use apploader (after many tries) with the usb pin/unknown and tried to reinstall the software (I had already deleted the vendor.xml file). I couldn't downgrade or reinstall the preferred software (Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation). I was finally able to load in the beta 5.0 software all the way through. The Desktop manager now recognizes the storm without the constant bootloop, and the pin show up clearly without going back to usb pin/unknown. My problem is this:

1. Although I'm using a brand-new, freshly recharged battery, there is no LED nor screen activity. Once, before I got to the multi-stage load operation error, I thought I saw a flash of green (only once), but since then nothing. What can I do to turn it on?

2. Since the computer recognizes it, I know it's still alive somehow. Is there an application that forces the blackberry to turn on remotely?

Sorry I'm a noob at this, but I deal mostly with Nokia and Samsung phones, first experience with a blackberry. Thanks for any feedback I can get!
    09-17-09 02:39 PM
    Phone: BB Pearl 8110 Carrier: ATT

My phone was hacked into with spy software. I was completely locked out of my phone, as someone copied all my text messages and forwarded them, and listened to my voicemails, and intercepted my calls, as I watched helplessly.

From this site I found instruction for the JLcmnder... Which I followed to the T. Updated desktop manager to new version, and downloaded handheld OS from ATT... So I thought.

As I went to Application loader to install the new OS to the device after the wipe, it would not work. Couldn't find out why. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Later I found out it did not work because it was not the full version OS, only a patch. As that was the only version available from ATT, no full version. Now I have a 507 message on the phone. Cannot get any of my contacts off the phone. Apprehensive of placing this SIM in another phone to retrieve contacts. Not sure how the spywares function, if they have any bugs installed on SIM, dont want to transfer to new SIM and phone.

Took phone into ATT store, they were clueless and said they did not have the capacity to do that (install OS). Called ATT tech support, they were clueless too. They transferred me from tech support to , consumer data support. For over an hour and a half, I had to describe on an elementary level (to the so called tech support) what an OS was..... for the love of God, somebody help me. LOL I'm still on hold.

Any suggestion on how to get full handheld OS for 8110 Pearl for carrier ATT... other then going to BB Tech?
    Last edited by Peesheek; 09-17-09 at 09:47 PM.
    09-17-09 09:41 PM
    I am having a really big problem.....I nuked my BB this morning....was getting only the white screen....I went through programs...../research in motion/app loader......and got to the part that said enter password....and then my bold went dead...no LED red light, nothing when I try to turn it on, nothing when I plug in the charger.........help......my BB is completely DEAD!.....I think I totally messed it uo this time
    I left my battery out for the entire night (about twelve hours) and when I turned the bold on in the morning there was my red LED light. It started up and went back to the white screen. Now this was excellent compared to the night before when there was absolutely no power going to my BOLD. There was no LED, the computer was not recognizing the phone, when I plugged the charger in nothing.

So, now I was back to the white screen so I started the application loader and then loaded back the os on the phone and then its as good as new.

Hope this helps put someone the same way it did for me.......
    09-17-09 11:17 PM
    Phone: BB Pearl 8110 Carrier: ATT

My phone was hacked into with spy software. I was completely locked out of my phone, as someone copied all my text messages and forwarded them, and listened to my voicemails, and intercepted my calls, as I watched helplessly.

From this site I found instruction for the JLcmnder... Which I followed to the T. Updated desktop manager to new version, and downloaded handheld OS from ATT... So I thought.

As I went to Application loader to install the new OS to the device after the wipe, it would not work. Couldn't find out why. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Later I found out it did not work because it was not the full version OS, only a patch. As that was the only version available from ATT, no full version. Now I have a 507 message on the phone. Cannot get any of my contacts off the phone. Apprehensive of placing this SIM in another phone to retrieve contacts. Not sure how the spywares function, if they have any bugs installed on SIM, dont want to transfer to new SIM and phone.

Took phone into ATT store, they were clueless and said they did not have the capacity to do that (install OS). Called ATT tech support, they were clueless too. They transferred me from tech support to , consumer data support. For over an hour and a half, I had to describe on an elementary level (to the so called tech support) what an OS was..... for the love of God, somebody help me. LOL I'm still on hold.

Any suggestion on how to get full handheld OS for 8110 Pearl for carrier ATT... other then going to BB Tech?
    Most of us have never had to deal with spy applications, but the design of a BlackBerry means the application must have been installed in device memory, not the SIM card or the Media card.

You are on the right track, the first step is to wipe all software from the device, leaving the JVM 507 message. That will insure the spy application has been removed.

The next step is to download and install the correct device OS software on your computer. You can use the AT&T version located at:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.252 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.252
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.158
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.106
    File name: 8110M_PBr4.5.0_rel252_PL2.7.0.106_A4.5.0.158_AT&T. exe
    File size: 97.67MB
    After you install this, connect your Pearl and follow the directions in the first post.

09-18-09 10:11 AM
    Not sure what to do. Had a new bold for less than a week. I run out of battery so I pulled the battery out to get my SIM card so I can use another phone. When I went to charge my bold, it doesnt show any sign of life, not even the LED turn on. What can I do?
    09-18-09 08:49 PM
    That sounds like a problem with the battery. It should be covered under your warranty.
    09-19-09 08:58 AM
    plzz help,
    im using an 8900 and its suddenly jus went off.i tried charging it but it still doesnt come on..
    wat shd i do plz help
    09-20-09 02:50 AM
    plzz help,
    im using an 8900 and its suddenly jus went off.i tried charging it but it still doesnt come on..
    wat shd i do plz help
    That sounds like a problem with the battery. It should be covered under your warranty.
    09-20-09 09:23 AM
    I was upgrading my 8320 yesterday and sure enough, it died. anyway, now when the Led comes on, waits for a few secs and goes off. This continues to happen.

I started reading through the various posts here but unfortunately I dont think I backed up the data on the phone (yup, big mistake).

When I load desktop app there is no recognition of the bb except under connection options it shows usbin=0 when the led is on and just usb when the led goes off. Loader.xml is also able to identify the bb when the led is active and not when the led goes off. Interestingly when if I hit next when loader.xml sees the bb then it stays connected.

I tried installing the os at the same time but when it gets to a certain point the 'usb' connection is lost and the installation is lost. Loader.xml gives me the option to 'add' and .ali or .alx file (asking for Application Loader Files).

Any suggestions... any help .... really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Karan97; 09-21-09 at 11:23 AM.
    09-21-09 11:13 AM
    Ok.. got a little further but not much.

Got to the loader asking me which apps, etc to upgrade. Starts the upgrade and then:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device software. Please try again.

Device Communication error encountered [A:0x0000000E]
    09-21-09 01:17 PM
    I was upgrading my 8320 yesterday and sure enough, it died. anyway, now when the Led comes on, waits for a few secs and goes off. This continues to happen.

I started reading through the various posts here but unfortunately I dont think I backed up the data on the phone (yup, big mistake).
    The odds are good your data is safe. Making a backup of your data is the first step in the upgrade, restoring it is the final step.

By default, the backup will be located in your Documents/My Documents folder with the name LoaderBackup (date).ipd. You can use that to restore when you have successfully recovered your Curve.

When I load desktop app there is no recognition of the bb except under connection options it shows usbin=0 when the led is on and just usb when the led goes off. Loader.xml is also able to identify the bb when the led is active and not when the led goes off. Interestingly when if I hit next when loader.xml sees the bb then it stays connected.

I tried installing the os at the same time but when it gets to a certain point the 'usb' connection is lost and the installation is lost. Loader.xml gives me the option to 'add' and .ali or .alx file (asking for Application Loader Files).

Any suggestions... any help .... really appreciate it.
    Ok.. got a little further but not much.

Got to the loader asking me which apps, etc to upgrade. Starts the upgrade and then:
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device software. Please try again.

Device Communication error encountered [A:0x0000000E]
    Now for the tough part.

I belive you have the correct software insalled, but there is a problem maintaining the connection to your BlackBerry.

The first step is to remove any USB hubs between the computer and BlackBerry. If that does not correct the problem, BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB connection problems.

View Document
    09-21-09 01:53 PM
    I have a problem with my bold too, all it does is reset and show me device error 310 or 394, i've tried everything from desktop manager app upload to app loader, it just wont get pass the loader. error is "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." WHAT ELSE CAN I DO PLZZZZZZ HELP btw its a bold that i am having problem with, i unlocked my pearl with no problem
    09-21-09 04:26 PM
    That can be a tough nut to crack. Some members have reported success in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/
    09-21-09 04:59 PM
    My Storm got stuck in a permanent reboot loop and this thread and Kevin Michaluk's Balckberry 101 helped me get back to almost normal. OS was restored as well as my Backup from earlier.

My problem happens with the blackberry browser. The icon is not available (I checked to make sure Show All is active) but I am able to use Switch Application to get to it but I get this message:

Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

What should I do? I have no confidence in Verizon's tech support.
    09-21-09 05:51 PM
    I have a BB 8130 Curve from Bell. Just a week ago the phone started going wacky as I can't make any calls out. I've taken the battery out and put it back in several times for the phone to recyle it power. Now when I put the battery back, the red LED comes on and when it turns off, I see blink for a fraction of a second and then black screen.

I've downloaded the latest BB DM and OS for the phone. I've tried maybe a million times with the /nojvm command but to no avail. It seem to erase and reload the OS but when it restart, still the same black screen after the red LED turns off. I've tried Jl_cmder and I did get the error 507 twice, but twice the reload fail to produce any result.

Yes, I did delete the vendor.xml file before beginning any of this. The other thing is, whenevr I use the Jl_cmder, it would disconnect the usb port and the phone would power cycle but back to black screen.

HELP!!!
    09-23-09 12:35 PM
    BTW, when I take the battery out while it is connect to the computer, I can see the battery with a red line across indicating no battery installed.
    09-23-09 12:40 PM
    I have a BB 8130 Curve from Bell. Just a week ago the phone started going wacky as I can't make any calls out. I've taken the battery out and put it back in several times for the phone to recyle it power. Now when I put the battery back, the red LED comes on and when it turns off, I see blink for a fraction of a second and then black screen.

I've downloaded the latest BB DM and OS for the phone. I've tried maybe a million times with the /nojvm command but to no avail. It seem to erase and reload the OS but when it restart, still the same black screen after the red LED turns off. I've tried Jl_cmder and I did get the error 507 twice, but twice the reload fail to produce any result.

Yes, I did delete the vendor.xml file before beginning any of this. The other thing is, whenevr I use the Jl_cmder, it would disconnect the usb port and the phone would power cycle but back to black screen.

HELP!!!
    I am encouraged you are able to do the Applications Loader install, but did you see the final "Successful Install" message from Applications loader?

If so, the culprit may be the LCD display. I doubt that is the case, you would not see the No Battery icon if the screen was a dead failure.

The OS rebuild can take a long time, there is one critical reconnection step in the process. If that step fails, there is a message to that effect in Applications Loader.

Are you able to make and receive phone calls? That is quick Go/No Go test to determine if the phone is working or not.
    09-23-09 01:19 PM
    My Storm got stuck in a permanent reboot loop and this thread and Kevin Michaluk's Balckberry 101 helped me get back to almost normal. OS was restored as well as my Backup from earlier.

My problem happens with the blackberry browser. The icon is not available (I checked to make sure Show All is active) but I am able to use Switch Application to get to it but I get this message:

Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device.

What should I do? I have no confidence in Verizon's tech support.
    You may have sorted this out by now, your carrier will push service books to you if they detect any issues.

Alternatly, you can log on to your carriers BIS support page and command the send of fresh service book.

Finally, call your carrier and request Service Books. They can handle that one, no problem.
    09-23-09 01:25 PM
1,742 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD