Hey Reed,
    I have a kind of silly question to ask,
    After my BB 8120 was revived my windows live messenger and facebook applications were gone to.
    Where can I get these application?

The reason why i am asking is cause it was uploading of an application that caused my BB to crash!
    Last edited by grim122; 06-21-09 at 04:33 PM.
    06-20-09 05:27 PM

my bb stop et start every time. i can use it. there too an audio problem i cant ear any sound incoming call and ringtones. and ican't be eared. i'm french. please help me
    06-22-09 09:00 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

an audio problem ...
    Try Voice Activated Dialing. If that works correctly, the problem in not in your speaker, it is software. An upgrade will usually correct that problem.

If that does not work, you may have a hardware speaker problem, your carrier can test and replace it if nessary.
    06-22-09 10:48 AM
    Hey Reed,
    I have a kind of silly question to ask,
    After my BB 8120 was revived my windows live messenger and facebook applications were gone to.
    Where can I get these application?

The reason why i am asking is cause it was uploading of an application that caused my BB to crash!
    Those are links to applications and they are pushed with your service books. If they do not show up automatically, try logging on to your BIS account and re-sending them.
    06-22-09 10:50 AM
    Hello VoltaicShock!

Did you have any luck with yours? Mine is reeeealy dead. No led, no white screen, no hourglass, no... and the loader can't find my 8300 either.

I'm in Brazil and support for the BB is not helping me...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mbento

The loader can't find my device and I can't click on the "Detect Communication Port"
    06-23-09 09:40 AM
    Hello all...

I was wondering if there was any way possible to recover from a 507 error with a 8330 with a broken usb port? Can a restore be done from bluetooth?

Thanks!
    06-24-09 08:43 PM
    No, when they built it, they planned on using the USB port only.

A USB repair will fix you right up.
    06-24-09 08:59 PM
    I'm trying to get my BOLD running...I have tried it just with the loader, and by following the steps using DOS and xp. Here's what continues to happen...it will recognize, clear, and load all the way up to blackberry.bis.client.doc (or something close) then I get an error...try again...unspecified error encountered [j:0x00000005]...Please help !!! I feel like i'm so close to getting this bad boy running again...I'm trying to install .247 BTW...it's the same one I used before, and I have deleted the vendor file...
    06-28-09 04:06 PM
    If it is consistantly failing at the same place, I would suspect a download error. It can happen, if multiple bits are misread, they can still be accepted and saved.

Try repeating the download, or a different device OS package.
    06-29-09 12:29 PM
    This is going to sound ********, but I knocked a 3 lb lamp over on my phone (on accident of course) and now the screen is just white. I have taken the battery out while it was on, and off, charged it with the phone on and off, and nothing is working. UGH. It still blinks that little red light letting me know I have a text, but guess what? I CAN'T READ IT! I don't have cords for it to the computer or anything, but if you have any tips that might make me phone come back to life please tell me! Thankssss
    06-29-09 07:40 PM
    Try repeating the download, or a different device OS package.
    I have another problem now...I was using jl cmder to attempt a clean wipe...but the phone shut off before it finished the wipe...now it's continuing to cycle on and off...and attempt a wipe every time it comes back on...is there ANYTHING i can do...or am i boned ?
    06-29-09 10:33 PM
    This is going to sound ********, but I knocked a 3 lb lamp over on my phone (on accident of course) and now the screen is just white. I have taken the battery out while it was on, and off, charged it with the phone on and off, and nothing is working. UGH. It still blinks that little red light letting me know I have a text, but guess what? I CAN'T READ IT! I don't have cords for it to the computer or anything, but if you have any tips that might make me phone come back to life please tell me! Thankssss
    I belive you have damaged the LCD screen.

That is a replaceable part, your carrier can arrange for service or you can use one of the many BlackBerry specialty repair services.
    06-30-09 10:24 AM
    I have another problem now...I was using jl cmder to attempt a clean wipe...but the phone shut off before it finished the wipe...now it's continuing to cycle on and off...and attempt a wipe every time it comes back on...is there ANYTHING i can do...or am i boned ?
    I would be inclined to try uploading the OS without the battery installed. Use the technique documented in the first post, that will force feed it a new OS.
    06-30-09 10:29 AM
    Sorry to continually bother you Reed...but I am having no luck here. I left the battery out, and it connects with apploader, but when it gets to initializing device, the "no battery" symbol comes up...then loader disconnects and says "failed to connect to device during multiload process"...if i leave the battery in, or put it in during the process, once it gets to initialize, the jl cmdr attempts to start the wipe, and disconnects me...any ideas from here ?

BTW Thank you so much for the help...you have no idea how hard i've been working to try to get this thing running again...
    07-01-09 11:48 AM
    My question is the same, i got stuck on step 3 ahah well i also have the curve, acting crazy, bought a new batttery but all the screen shows is a battery with a slash thru it, put my old battery in does the same thing. After a while i finally get it to the home page and it turns off i press all the buttons but it refuses to do anything it shows a blank screen. sometimes i get past the home screen to message or somethin and then it turns off again. i hadnt dropped it in water, i really dont see why its like this....but i there is any hope please let me kno-thanks
    07-02-09 02:17 AM
    Sorry to continually bother you Reed...but I am having no luck here. I left the battery out, and it connects with apploader, but when it gets to initializing device, the "no battery" symbol comes up...then loader disconnects and says "failed to connect to device during multiload process"...if i leave the battery in, or put it in during the process, once it gets to initialize, the jl cmdr attempts to start the wipe, and disconnects me...any ideas from here ?

BTW Thank you so much for the help...you have no idea how hard i've been working to try to get this thing running again...
    Darn. I don't understand why it not working.

Your Bold must still be in it's 1 year warranty, they have been available for less then a full year now. I think it's time to replace this one.
    07-02-09 10:31 AM
    My question is the same, i got stuck on step 3 ahah well i also have the curve, acting crazy, bought a new batttery but all the screen shows is a battery with a slash thru it, put my old battery in does the same thing. After a while i finally get it to the home page and it turns off i press all the buttons but it refuses to do anything it shows a blank screen. sometimes i get past the home screen to message or somethin and then it turns off again. i hadnt dropped it in water, i really dont see why its like this....but i there is any hope please let me kno-thanks
    That is interesting, I suspect you have a hardware fault in the power supply. A new battery does require an initial charge.

The symptoms you report are typical of a low battery, automatic shut down when the power drops below an acceptable minimum.

One last test will prove it. Can you arrange to have the new battery externally recharged? Your carrier's store front may be able to help. It can be done with an external charger or by placing it a known good unit until it has charged.

If it still shows a failed battery, or if it discharges and fails to accept a charge, you have a possible warranty replacement.
    07-02-09 10:43 AM
    I think it's time to replace this one.
    Yeah...there's the problem...I bought online...unlocked...nowhere to send it back to...
    07-03-09 12:19 PM
    Reed, Do you (or anyone else on here) know of a reputable "cell phone Dr." that I could send this to, or would you send it back to Blackberry to have them fix it ?
    07-03-09 12:41 PM
    Hello all,

I have an 8830 World Edition - out of warranty - whose keypad has locked up. My service is with Verizon Wireless.

The device got wet. I removed the battery and let everything sit out to dry for 24 hours. After putting the same battery back in, the phone worked fine for a day or two. Now the phone will ring, the screen will illuminate and show the normal "start page," but none of the keys on the keypad work. I cannot answer incoming calls or navigate anywhere from the main page or type in my password to access the device.

I took the device to a Verizon Wireless store and the rep there told me the only thing he could do is replace the phone (i.e. I buy a new one) or i can send it to the BlackBerry people to have it (hopefully) repaired. I'd like to find an option that a) won't cost much and b) allows me to access my data on the phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!
    07-04-09 02:37 PM
    Reed, Do you (or anyone else on here) know of a reputable "cell phone Dr." that I could send this to, or would you send it back to Blackberry to have them fix it ?
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone Service Options

The service programs outlined below are available only for the following BlackBerry� smartphones, which can be purchased directly from Research In Motion (RIM):

BlackBerry� 8820 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Curve� 8320 smartphone
    BlackBerry� Pearl� 8120 smartphone
    If you did not purchase your BlackBerry smartphone directly from RIM, please contact your carrier or reseller for return and repair service.
    Research in Motion is one option, but it does require shipping it to Canada for service. The good news, prices are in Canadian $.

I can't offer a recommendation, but several firms do advertise fast return times and fixed rates for typical service needs.

PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices

BlackBerry Nationwide Repair Service Center - Dr Cell Phone, Dallas TX
    07-04-09 03:33 PM
    Hello all,

I have an 8830 World Edition - out of warranty - whose keypad has locked up. My service is with Verizon Wireless.

The device got wet. I removed the battery and let everything sit out to dry for 24 hours. After putting the same battery back in, the phone worked fine for a day or two. Now the phone will ring, the screen will illuminate and show the normal "start page," but none of the keys on the keypad work. I cannot answer incoming calls or navigate anywhere from the main page or type in my password to access the device.

I took the device to a Verizon Wireless store and the rep there told me the only thing he could do is replace the phone (i.e. I buy a new one) or i can send it to the BlackBerry people to have it (hopefully) repaired. I'd like to find an option that a) won't cost much and b) allows me to access my data on the phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!
    If there is some good news, the keyboard assembly is the simplest to replace. The odds are good that will correct your problem.

Unfortunatly, there is a chance it can not be saved. If that is the case, you need to make a backup of your data.

BlackBerry Desktop Tools has Backup and Restore options.

If you don't already have it installed, download and install the software. Once you have your data backed up, your options are wide open.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    07-04-09 03:38 PM
    If there is some good news, the keyboard assembly is the simplest to replace. The odds are good that will correct your problem.

Unfortunatly, there is a chance it can not be saved. If that is the case, you need to make a backup of your data.

BlackBerry Desktop Tools has Backup and Restore options.

If you don't already have it installed, download and install the software. Once you have your data backed up, your options are wide open.

Thanks for the tips! I have a couple of folow-up questions, if you don't mind.

1. Can I get a replacement keyboard at a Verizon Wireless store? Or is that something typically ordered direct from BlackBerry?

2. Can I use the BlackBerry Desktop Tools Backup and Restore options directly from the computer, without needing to access anything directly from the BlackBerry device itself?

Thanks again!!
    07-04-09 05:42 PM
    Odd are pretty good, the local storefront does not stock parts. There are lots of BlackBerry specialty shops that do sell parts.

pdarepairworld.com - BlackBerry Repair Parts for BlackBerry 8800 & 8830

8800 series keyboards, $29.95 plus shipping. You will also need the correct screw driver, available for $8.99.

Or, for $60:

"f you have lost some keys from your keypad from your BlackBerry 8800, 8820 or 8830, let the pro's at BBRS replace your keypad and get you typing again in no time. Keyboard will be replaced with the model pictured which has black keys. 24 hour turn around."
    #2, From your discription of symptoms, I would expect the USB data connection will work.

After you install the software, your PIN number will show up. If it does, you are home free. If it doesn't show up, we can still troubleshoot with a fair chance of success.
    07-04-09 05:51 PM
    HELP! I have tried this but it says it cant detect my bb then it says "the blackberry software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or service administrator" what the crap I don't have time it is late and I am worried that I will never recover my bb It all started off with my trying to download a new software. Be aware that is still has a flashing red light ever so often but it just doesn't turn on or respond to anything!
    07-06-09 11:53 PM
1,742 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD