Step #2: We need to connect the BlackBerry to the Computer via USB cable. But here's where the tricky part comes in with the Nuked BlackBerry. Do you see in the image above where it says COM1? What we want to do is plug in the BlackBerry, and when COM1 switches to say USB-PIN:UNKNOWN we immediately click Next. This catches the BlackBerry and takes it out of the constant reboot cycle and allows you to then reload the Operating System.

This advise is specific to a situation where the device is failing to connect to the USB ports.

Ive got a bricked 8350i
    Can you be more specific about the condtion of your Curve? Is it doing anything?
    05-20-09 11:44 AM
    alright, i've spent the better part of an evening on this....
    my 9530 bricked after running bbcrackmen's v5. i was signing on to facebook and it looked like it threw up the fatal error screen and i haven't been able to get anything more than the waiting clock since. actually it has progressed to the double blinks now lol. downloaded the .075 OS and DM gives me the fatal error, and apploader says couldn't find software for my device. i've been bouncing around the forum now and can't quite find something that'll save me
    05-22-09 12:36 AM
    alright, i've spent the better part of an evening on this....
    my 9530 bricked after running bbcrackmen's v5. i was signing on to facebook and it looked like it threw up the fatal error screen and i haven't been able to get anything more than the waiting clock since. actually it has progressed to the double blinks now lol. downloaded the .075 OS and DM gives me the fatal error, and apploader says couldn't find software for my device. i've been bouncing around the forum now and can't quite find something that'll save me
    I don't understand your reference, if you have installed Pete6 CrackMem utility, it is currently at v3.

DM gives me the fatal error, and apploader says couldn't find software for my device. ...
    A fatal error running Desktop Manager implies the software is not correctly installed. Remove it and re-install a fresh copy.

If Apploader is working to the point where it examines your Storm, that likely means the security control file Vendor.xml is still present.

CrackMem is the best way to remove it and continue the install.
    05-22-09 01:35 PM
    sorry, mispell i meant bbcrackman V5 OS if that makes a diff or not, sorry, kind of a newb. i will give your advice a shot wish me luck
    05-22-09 07:26 PM
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! i got it to work!
    05-22-09 07:56 PM
    Windows 7 Beta worked with Vista instructions
    05-23-09 09:22 AM
    Hey. I have enterd my pin code wrong and my bb is blank with an error msg : reload software : 513 .
    what do you think I should do?
    05-26-09 03:59 PM
    Hey. I have enterd my pin code wrong and my bb is blank with an error msg : reload software : 513 .
    Reload your OS, as I mentioned in the 8900 thread. I am trying to post more info for you, but since you are here, follow the instructions on the first page, and I am out.
    05-26-09 04:11 PM
    I am trying the Command Promts as per your instruction but my machine
    wont recognise CD RESEAR~1 or CD APPLOA~1 is there somthing i am doing wrong.

Thanks
    05-27-09 10:31 AM
    Trying to re load OS 4.2 into my Pearl, but the C:> wont recognise CD RESEAR~1 or RESEARCH IN MOTION any suggestions.

Thanks
    05-27-09 11:26 AM
    Were you aware that the commands after COMMON~1 are not recognised or invalid on my Windows XP Machine. Can you help as no 8100 now for 7 days.
    I have tried both long and short commands but my xp not recognising or message saying to long.
    When I try the 101 way double clicking APP Loader i get the message asking device manager be installed (which it is)

Any suggestions thanks.
    05-27-09 11:38 AM
    I suspect you are missing some software, that would explain why the directories are not present.

Start with Windows Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerrys installs, BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry device software. If one or both are not present, that must be corrected.

At the bottom of the first post, I have provided links to BlackBerry Support for your software.

If they are there, use Windows / Computer and navigate too:

c:\program files. Do you see a subdirectory for Common Files? If so, open it and look for the subdirectory Research in Motion.

If that is present, look for Apploader. That is were the program Loader.exe is stored.
    05-27-09 01:00 PM
    That was not a PIN code you entered, it was a password. You have tripped the security trap, the Error 513 means it is useless without the correct password.

There is no way to distinguish between a forgotten password and an attempt to violate security.
    05-27-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the Tip!
    could you also advise the "Command" for Windows 7?

thanks.
    05-29-09 10:34 AM
    Reed, I understand that you are trying to help people and you are doing a wonderful job of it. BUT, the only difference between running the loader.exe and using command line is you are manually telling the computer to start the loader.exe program.
    I have found this problem several times in trying to recover bricked bb's. when you hit enter on your final command in the command line all it does is start the loader.exe file and brings up the same window that you would get with it. So, no matter what anyone does, IF the computer WILL NOT see your device when you connect it, there is NO WAY to reinstall the OS. I deal with computers and OS problems all day long at work, so I know this to be a true fact. ONCE a BB is bricked there is NO WAY to reload the OS without sending it back to RIM.
    05-29-09 10:10 PM
    Quick "mini" question. I'm running 5.0.0.93, and only need the browser_deamon. How do I get this done? Everything else works great.

Thx!
    05-30-09 03:29 AM
    Reed, I understand that you are trying to help people and you are doing a wonderful job of it. BUT, the only difference between running the loader.exe and using command line is you are manually telling the computer to start the loader.exe program.
    I have found this problem several times in trying to recover bricked bb's. when you hit enter on your final command in the command line all it does is start the loader.exe file and brings up the same window that you would get with it. So, no matter what anyone does, IF the computer WILL NOT see your device when you connect it, there is NO WAY to reinstall the OS. I deal with computers and OS problems all day long at work, so I know this to be a true fact. ONCE a BB is bricked there is NO WAY to reload the OS without sending it back to RIM.
    I created this thread after recovering my dead Curve.

I am aware that Loader can be executed from the Windows, but there is no way to include the /NOJVM command line switch. Without the switch, Loader is opened exactly the same way it opens in BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

If that will not connect, the final option is to over-ride the normal function and force a full OS build.

This applies when the Sun Java machine is active, typically flashing the LED. If Java is dead, there is no way back.
    05-30-09 10:37 AM
    Hi - I've dropped my Bold but was still getting the red flashing light like the original problem at the start of the this post. I have run through all of the step but the application loader cannot connect to the device. It tries...but gives up after about ten seconds.

I was initially hopefully because of the red flashing light - but I assume that I've damaged something with the drop.

However, I just thought I would check if the fact that I am unable to connect is a common problem and if maybe I am just doing something wrong??

BTW - the app loader show USB-PIN: Unknown - and it doesn't switch over to COM1 at all. I assume that this is another sign that efforts are futile.

Thanks for any assistance
    05-30-09 03:06 PM
    Fortunalty, I have never had to deal with that symptom, but other members have reported success, by clicking the Next button when USB- Unknown is displayed.
    05-31-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks for the Tip!
    could you also advise the "Command" for Windows 7?

thanks.
    I can not do that becasue I am not using Windows 7 Beta.

I suspect it will be exactly the same as the directions for Windows Vista, they are built on the same core NT technology.

Check it out for yourself, start with Drive C:, look for a directory labled "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" for the 64 bit versions.
    05-31-09 11:19 AM
    This is a lifesaver! THANKS A MILLION. Great job! You saved me time and frustrastion
    05-31-09 03:52 PM
    Been trying to fix my storm since the Verizon updated screwed it up. I get to
    Loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod"

Ironically, this is the same file that wasn't loading correctly when I tried to upgrade to 148.

It's been trying to load this module for about 30 min now.

Running Windows Vista X64

Thanks,

Bryan
    05-31-09 07:37 PM
    Net_rim_cldc.cod appears to be associated with error trapping or debugging, judging by the few references Google has turned up.

The best advise I can offer, make sure you have a known good OS on hand to roll back when thing go wrong. This is critical if you are inclined to experiment with beta and hybrid OS software.
    06-01-09 09:43 AM
    i have a 8820

did the 4.5 upgrade but during the upgrade i got an jum error 547 unable to write.

i have tried to wipe the phone with the jl program, but when i upload the software again it would still crash at writing mode, i have tried doing the how to fix nuked phones 101 it would still error out when loading software to device

im currently using 4.6 dsm

Please help TKU!
    06-01-09 04:36 PM
    Hello!

I have inherited a BlackBerry Bold, that had a trip into the toilet when it fell out of my pocket. Water was clean.. haha

anyway, there are signs of life, and i have tried to follow the procedures you reccomended. I have attempted to de-nukify my Bold by downloading V4.3 4.6 4.7 at different time periods to see if the more stable ones would help in fixing it. I have even tried another computer with Vista on it, i have XP. Doesn't work. I have tried wiping it with crackme (i know that's wrong, but i cant remember haha) and tried going through desktop manager and throught the executable file in the apps load folder. I have deleted the vendor file.

The problem is, after i have pressed finish, and the the computer and the BB to do thier thing, the process stops when it starts to install the programs onto the BB, right after the screen on the BB shows the two computers and the phone, or something like that. It is transferring a "Loading module "net_rim_cldc.cod" "

An error comes up saying "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"

I have no idea where to go from here The phone is still nuked, however now when it goes through the cycles, it says error 507, the one regarding software i believe.

If you could help me in anyway, that would be awsome!!!

Cheers,

Michael
    06-02-09 07:37 AM
1,742 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD