Hello I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to bring an 8310 back to life but it gives me this message "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation". What am I doing wrong? The LED is red flashing for seconds then it turns off, then back on for a few seconds.... What should I do?
    I need help please. im getting this message from the uploader
    A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again. I've tried looking for that vendor.xlm file but no luck. I found one that said vendor something but im sure it was not that one. I did deleted that one anyway. I keep on getting the blank screen with the app error 523.. im not an expert, but im sure I can do it if someone helps me.. I tried using the command option but is not working it gives me " too many parameters " I need help please!
    You both have the same issue, your USB port is not able to connect / reconnect to the device.

BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB issues.

View Document

In some cases, the trouble shooting can lead back to the different chips used to build USB ports. If the suggestions don't work, consider using a different computer.
    03-05-09 12:49 PM
    I can only say thanks guys!!! You ROCK!! You see, at 7:30pm EST I was standing in my service providers office taking advice from a "salesgirl" on how I should upgrade my 8830 World Edition to the new BB OS v.4.5 and like an ***** I came home and by 8pm I was hooked up to the BB Desktop Manager, which btw also suggested this upgrade. By 8:25pm EST I had a BRICK!!!!! With a nasty little white screen and a tiny black message that said APP ERROR 523 and RESET and if you clicked anything it restarted and went to the same screen. Enter CrackBerry Forums: After finding this thread, downloading the service providers v4.2 OS and following the steps above, I brought my BB back to life. **SIGH OF RELIEF** After using the restore feature in the Destop Manager, by 11:11pm EST I am holding my baby in my hands and she is exactly the way she was before I started this. From now on I will leave this stuff to you guys and read what you get into!!! Can't thank you enough!!!
    03-05-09 10:37 PM
    So I've been reading this thread (and other threads on the topic) and I'm still having a problem. It all started when my new Curve randomly gave me a red LED and white screen/spinning hourglass endless cycle. I tried everything. I've gotten the apploader to reinstall the OS and apps, it says the operation completed successfully. However, right afterward the cycle begins again! Red LED, white screen with spinning hourglass. I've done the loader.exe /nojvm reinstall method several times , with several OS versions, both with vendor.xml and without. Sometimes, after letting the cycle go for however long, I get a screen with jvm error 541 and sometimes other numbers. The most recent attempt involved using javaloader.exe -u wipe - which worked, I got the 507 screen. I then proceeded to reinstall the OS, again, and now it's back to the red LED/hourglass cycle. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    03-08-09 09:06 AM
    Hey everyone my first post here and unfortunately it's because I have a Dead/Nuked BB.

I've tried everything from the Jl Cmdr to the fix at the beginning of this post and nothing seems to work.

While updating the device where it says "Wait for device initialization" the BB begins to loop again. Red LED for a bit then the hour glass then blank. At the bottom of the screen it reads "Reconnecting to JVM"

After the green bar at the bottom of the screen becomes full it says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

Is my phone completely dead? It's about a month out of warranty. Do you think T-Mobile will help me out?

Thanks everyone! Great site!
    03-11-09 10:48 AM
    Hey everyone my first post here and unfortunately it's because I have a Dead/Nuked BB.

I've tried everything from the Jl Cmdr to the fix at the beginning of this post and nothing seems to work.

While updating the device where it says "Wait for device initialization" the BB begins to loop again. Red LED for a bit then the hour glass then blank. At the bottom of the screen it reads "Reconnecting to JVM"

After the green bar at the bottom of the screen becomes full it says "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

Is my phone completely dead? It's about a month out of warranty. Do you think T-Mobile will help me out?

Thanks everyone! Great site!

My ISP has been intermittent for several days, lets see if it stays up long enough to post a reply.

The "Unable to connect ..." message means the USB port is not working reliably. You can try troubleshooting or try it on a different computer.

View Document

I can only say thanks guys!!! You ROCK!!...

I am holding my baby in my hands and she is exactly the way she was before I started this. From now on I will leave this stuff to you guys and read what you get into!!! Can't thank you enough!!!
    Way to go! Congratulations on a successful recovery.
    03-11-09 01:39 PM
    [color=green]My ISP has been intermittent for several days, lets see if it stays up long enough to post a reply.

The "Unable to connect ..." message means the USB port is not working reliably. You can try troubleshooting or try it on a different computer.

I've tried on two different computers with the same results. I hooked up my wife's BB to our laptop with no problems. Connected viewed and backed up everything.

I think my BB is toast.....
    03-11-09 01:57 PM
    ::EDIT:: by using cmd at run instead of command I was able to use the full directory names in DOS & got it to work!

Hey there,

I have a Curve 8330 & have been trying to use this fix on Windows XP and get stuck when trying to change to CD RESEAR~1 it comes up as an invalid directory. Would there be another name for it or another way I could access it?

I also tried the other fix using Apploader directly and it takes 2-3 hrs on erasing apps then gets stuck on the loading JVM & system software. Has anyone come up with a solution or work around for that?

I also tried Jlcmdr to wipe device but nothing there. My BB has the red led blinking 3 times in succession, pause then repeats....

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by asquam; 03-12-09 at 09:17 AM.
    03-11-09 02:16 PM
    I got a BB Bold (vodafone) from my boyfriend. I don't know when he bought the BB (maybe about 6-8 months ago), and what kind of things happened to the BB while he was using it. One thing for sure, it has never fell off to ground, or 'swimming' in water.

He told me that the first time he used the bold, it went fine (speaker and mic on, sometimes restarting). Then he started to upgrade the OS, and the problem begun. Speaker and mic were off, no sound at all, and the BB keeps restarting itself whenever there was voice call (no ring tone too). And if it's not restarting itself, he can't hear anything from the speaker. Then he changed his handset to samsung, and gave the bold to me.

At first I thought the problem was the OS (the last time, he use .234). So, I downgraded it to .190 (my friend did it for me), then to .162, and still no change.

I had try to bring them to the nearest service center (well, actually there are no official RIM service center in my country), and the repair man say that there is a problem in the hardware. He has to change the 'IC Flash' (anyone can explain?) and there is a 50% possibility for the BB to be off forever.

This morning, my bold went dead, no led, nothing at all. I've tried to recover it using your way and it goes on again!

But the problems before stood still, restarting every now and then, no sound, no ring tones sound, mic and speaker off..
    Any advise guys?
    03-13-09 05:11 AM
    Not sure WTF happened by yestoday Friday the 13th when i check my 8100 it was working fine. fully charged. then when i came home i try to turn it on. nada nothing. black screen. no led light. i then thoughy the battery must be drained. so i plugged in the charger. still nothing. then i look very closely at the black screen i can see what looks a battery with a red line on it. does this mean the battery is dead? i have not had time to visit the locate store to check if the battery is the problem but i'm hoping it is the battery.

thx
    03-14-09 06:00 PM
    ive tried all this but after ive selected my software options and it moves to the progress screen, it hits an error something like 0x0000045 or something like that.
    its a 9500 storm i have btw

any ideas? im tearing my hair out now.
    03-15-09 05:14 PM
    I am new to this forum and my blackberry 8130 has been encounter flashing red leds for a month now. I've read all steps and solution on this thread but however, I was unable to resolve my problems. I am stuck on the app. loader on the part of getting connectivity of USB:PIN UNKNOWN option. I used different USB, different battery, and no sign of receiving the connectivity of USB:PIN UNKNOWN. Whenever I check on the "detect communication port" or uncheck just click next, at the end I received this message. "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again" Moreover, I also follow the steps according on the new blackberry USB technical support info and looks like my USB is working properly. I simply just don't know why I don't receive any signal of USB:PIN UNKNOWN option. I really need helps on this issue, It's been pain in the ****.

Thanks,
    Kevin.
    03-15-09 09:19 PM
    I am new to this forum and my blackberry 8130 has been encounter flashing red leds for a month now. I've read all steps and solution on this thread but however, I was unable to resolve my problems. I am stuck on the app. loader on the part of getting connectivity of USB:PIN UNKNOWN option. I used different USB, different battery, and no sign of receiving the connectivity of USB:PIN UNKNOWN. Whenever I check on the "detect communication port" or uncheck just click next, at the end I received this message. "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again" Moreover, I also follow the steps according on the new blackberry USB technical support info and looks like my USB is working properly. I simply just don't know why I don't receive any signal of USB:PIN UNKNOWN option. I really need helps on this issue, It's been pain in the ****.

Thanks,
    Kevin.
    i have this problem everyday with desktop manager and my Storm. once i sync and then unplug it wont recognize or connect anymore. i had to restart the computer everytime to fix the problem
    03-15-09 10:26 PM
    i have this problem everyday with desktop manager and my Storm. once i sync and then unplug it wont recognize or connect anymore. i had to restart the computer everytime to fix the problem
    i had restart my computer so many times and still remain not receive USB PIN: UNKNOWN. I even try a different computer but unable to resolve the problem. I know there are still sign to able to repair my blackberry pearl 8130 just need to apply the right method, and this is the only method found on this thread can be fix consider is not completely dead yet. Since it's flashing red led none stop which means it is still alive. Please help me to resolve this problem and I am greatly appreciated!

Kevin.
    03-17-09 02:00 AM
    Ok, I am wanting to take my 8320 to the gun range and not in a good way. I bought a used one locked to T-mobile and tried to do the software unlock and it failed and nuked my 8320, so now all it does is blink red twice and repeat, I have tried different computers, different USB cables and plugs and still can not get the USB-unknown, I have forced loader from command window and used JL and nobody sees my brick and thoughts.
    03-17-09 08:01 PM
    Ok, I am wanting to take my 8320 to the gun range and not in a good way. I bought a used one locked to T-mobile and tried to do the software unlock and it failed and nuked my 8320, so now all it does is blink red twice and repeat, I have tried different computers, different USB cables and plugs and still can not get the USB-unknown, I have forced loader from command window and used JL and nobody sees my brick and thoughts.
    Hi lrvonhd, if you happen to resolve the problem, please do let me know okay? I have the same problem as you by not getting the USB-known option from appl loader. Thanks
    03-17-09 08:40 PM
    ok so ive been reading all through the forums with no luck i still have a bb that is stuck with the 507 error

no led red light flashing

ive deleted and reinstalled both the latest OS and desktop manager

will sum1 guide me through this

using windows xp ..if that helps

p.s. thanks for the help above but im still lost..

helppppp plz

so ive used the JML to wipe my device

and crack mem to try and install my OS

the desktop manager is still showing PIN: NONE

As i proceed to app loader it show the OS .124 for installment

Question 1. Does my pin need to show up at the bottom in order to proceed?

Also I tried to proceed anyway to see what would happen as i check off everything and click next

i get a WARNING saying something

like wireless something something to recieve and check message check messages something somethng cancel couldnt remember the whole thing

so i clicked next and it said it would began installing

my bb red light flashed then the bb went off completely

is this good or bad????

when i looked at the comp. screen it was still stuck on jvm load something like that?

so i pressed cancel and pulled out the usb plug connecting to the phone and put in back in ..the red light flashed and then the phone shut off completely

some one help please i read all through these posts and tried everything to just keep ending up with the same thing

ughhhhhh help plz
    03-19-09 12:00 PM
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Im Up And Running!!!!!!

2nd Time Will Hopefully Be Much Easier!!! Lol:d
    03-19-09 01:55 PM
    Well I learned that if you don't see the two computers talking icon on your blackberry, it will time out and give me the mulitask event error, so I unplugged the usb cable while the software is trying to reactivate the blackberry. Still have the red flashing lights on the other blackberry and no computer can see the USB, so I'm still stuck on that one.
    03-19-09 07:06 PM
    I followed the help 101 guide i get a white screen with hour glass but the OS load is taking forever. Does anyone know how long this process takes?
    03-19-09 07:53 PM
    First boot takes up to 30 minutes.
    03-19-09 08:12 PM
    First boot takes up to 30 minutes.
    Sorry should been more clear. It is the first step of installing the OS that is taking forever. I'm scared to start over at this point in time. But I am getting nothing when it is re-installing the OS
    03-19-09 08:17 PM
    Using loader took about 8 minutes and with DM took around 15 minutes before first boot.
    03-19-09 08:37 PM
    so my bold is completely dead. got the constant red led, and after a battery pull there was nothing, nada, zilch. a tumble weed even rolled by.

is this tutorial for if you have some kind of activity? att is sending me a replacement, but was just wondering what i could do in the meantime.

charging does nothing. tried a new battery at att last night and nothing. bleh..
    03-19-09 08:42 PM
    I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!! I thought I had completely killed my brand new storm and you brought it back to life for me! would you like my first born child that I don't have yet?
    hahaha
    03-21-09 07:02 PM
    Can you do this with a dead battery??
    03-22-09 12:10 PM
1,742 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD