thanks for the support
    10-28-08 03:13 PM
    I followed all the steps for the OS reloading, but its not working correctly, any ideas? i have the 8100 version, i tried downloading the 4.5.0.108 Vodafone version that was suggested, but it's not working, could i just get it from the t-mobile site? or should i try this again differently. oh also, the prompt worked, but when the loader came up it couldnt do anything, when i try to next in the loader, it says the application "blackberry 4.5.0 core applications" cannot be loaded because some required fields are not available.
    Last edited by Zack45; 10-30-08 at 06:50 PM.
    10-30-08 06:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry Zack.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...-0-81-a-75891/

I presume this is the package you downloaded. The version is actually, v4.5.0.81 but the package number '.108 does cause some confusion.

There is a critical preparation step, you have to delete the security file BlackBerry OS created when it was installed.

Open Windows / Computer. Select the Drive C:\ icon and navigate to:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file Vendor.xml.

Try the command line instruction again, it should work correctly this time.
    10-31-08 11:44 AM
    I'm not sure if I'm doing all of this correctly, but I have downloaded the new software and everything. When I plug my BB in, it doesn't show up. Could my phone be completely dead? I have tried restarting and everything. I have deleted the correct file and when I get to loader/nojvm, it never shows 'PIN UNKNOWN'. It only shows COM1. I have tried taking the battery out and putting it back in to see if it flashes, but never does.
    10-31-08 12:40 PM
    That is the end of the line now. If you cant get any response it is really dead.

One final test, plug in a known good BlackBerry. If it registers its PIN number, you can rule out connection problems.
    10-31-08 01:53 PM
    EDIT: I was able to wipe the device and then it allowed me to reinstall the OS, so far so good, just gotta restore some stuff from a backup now.

My blackberry is stuck on a white screen with a 507 error. When I run the loader app to reinstall the OS it prompts me for a password when it detects the BB. I enter the password and it then provides a list of apps to install, I select the appropriate ones and then click start to start the install. Once on the page listing all the steps it churns on the connecting page until I get the error:

"The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device"
    "You may need to enter the password on the device"

I entered the password when I started loader and it is the correct password, it is not prompting me again.

Any ideas, anyone????

I am lost without this thing, it is an 8310 with AT&T service.

Thanks.
    Last edited by reefmespla; 10-31-08 at 06:55 PM.
    10-31-08 06:29 PM
    My 7290 is dead, how can i restore it? im on a mac os 10.5.

is there a way to do a hard restart?

i dont care about wiping my phone.

thanks.
    10-31-08 09:05 PM
    EDIT: I was able to wipe the device and then it allowed me to reinstall the OS, so far so good, just gotta restore some stuff from a backup now.

My blackberry is stuck on a white screen with a 507 error. When I run the loader app to reinstall the OS it prompts me for a password when it detects the BB. I enter the password and it then provides a list of apps to install, I select the appropriate ones and then click start to start the install. Once on the page listing all the steps it churns on the connecting page until I get the error:

"The desktop loader is unable to connect to the device"
    "You may need to enter the password on the device"

I entered the password when I started loader and it is the correct password, it is not prompting me again.

Any ideas, anyone????

I am lost without this thing, it is an 8310 with AT&T service.

Thanks.
    That message could mean a problem with your USB connection. BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB.

BlackBerry Search Results

If that does not work, try a different computer.

how can i restore it? im on a mac os 10.5.
    Except one of those. Macintosh is not a suitable platform for upgrading BlackBerry device software. Borrow time on a PC.
    11-01-08 06:44 PM
    It's not working for me, just as I hit the last command the BlackBerry Installer appears and when it's connecting the device turns off and the connection is lost
    11-02-08 02:33 AM
    Hey guys. Okay! I have a Blackberry BOLD!

It has the same 3 Flashing Red light Error.
    Does NOT boot up!
    No screen light up!

Now, my question? Is there a way to put the Blackberry in SYNC MODE? or FLASH mode? Because it doesnt seem to detect the Blackberry threw the USB? I know its not my SETUP because my Girlfriend has the 8120 Pearl2 and it DECTECTS it fine? I upgraded the OS on her BB and everything works fine?

I need to put it in a mode, kind of like the IPHONE? Hold Both iphone buttons and it goes into a SYNC/Flash mode?

THAT IS WHAT I NEED! Alt+Enter???

Cheers~tk
    11-10-08 08:04 PM
    There is no corresponding Flash mode on BlackBerry.

As you have noted with the 8120, BlackBerry Desktop Manager should connect to the USB port and display the correct PIN number. That is a pre condition for upgrading.

If your Bold is not being recognized, I suspect a USB connection issue.

BlackBerry has published a paper dealing with USB problems.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20183996998

Hopefully, you can find a solution.
    11-12-08 10:29 AM
    have the black screen and red flashing led light.....i've tried everything from this thread and another...the part where you have to plug it un very quickly and press next...impossible...i was told it's impossible to recover

at the end http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...d=1#post957126
    11-12-08 06:34 PM
    Reed McLay, you are my hero
    11-14-08 02:03 AM
    I think my curve is dead. Tried everything suggestedon this page. Still my comp won't recognize it. Even when I try command mode my comp says error. Help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 09:16 AM
    Reed McLay, you are my hero
    Thank you, I am so glad it was a help.

Made my day.

I think my curve is dead. Tried everything suggestedon this page. Still my comp won't recognize it. Even when I try command mode my comp says error. Help

Are you getting any kind of response from your Curve? LED or screen?

First thing to check. Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall ....

You should have two BlackBerry software packages. BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device software. Double check the Device model, it has to be an exact match for your Curve.

Second step, Windows / Computer. Select drive C:\ and navigate to:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and verify Vendor.xml is not there. Delete it, if it is present. It is created fresh each time you do an OS install.

If that still does not connect, there may be a problem with your USB drivers.

Windows / Control Panel / Uninstall ... / BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Select the "Repair" option. That will insure you have the correct drivers.

Try these steps first and check back with us.
    11-15-08 01:08 PM
    First sign of life today. Led flashed maybe 3 times in one minute. I'm gonna try the steps again see if it works.

Fingers crossed

11-15-08 01:33 PM
    Well it finally connected to my pc. I'm waitin now for the os to load up.

11-15-08 01:42 PM
    A little background story how it got nuked. A friend gave me her 8300 since she hasno use for it. So I say what the **** I'll sell it. Bring to wrk because a few people wanna be down with the cb nation but can't pay like they weigh. So a few of them check it out but none want. Idk y phone looks brand new. But at the end of the day a guy with a 3g tilt says he wants it starts playing with it. Next thing I kno he's puttin his sim in the phone. The rest is history. If this doesn't work he owes me $150.

11-15-08 01:53 PM
    Well after erasing apps and loading jvm several times device fails to reconnect.

11-15-08 02:12 PM
    Well after erasing apps and loading jvm several times device fails to reconnect.

Good to hear you are making some progress.

Now, I suspect an issue with your USB port. BlackBerry has published a paper on troubleshooting USB port issues.

BlackBerry Search Results

If this does not work, try it on a different computer.
    11-15-08 03:56 PM
    Hi y'all!!
    I just registered... - A new member!!

I'm new here, so bear with me...

So, this is the question:
    Every time I try to charge my BB, it always shows a battery with a Z on it...
    After light up for few second, it dies...

I cannot charge it, it dead...

Any ideas??

Thanks!!
    11-17-08 01:24 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

That sounds much like the universal NOT symbol, a red circle with a diagonal stripe.

That is your devices way of telling you it is time to replace the battery.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 11-17-08 at 11:18 AM.
    11-17-08 11:11 AM
    Ouch...

The most obvious failure would be the connection to the logic board. Unfortunatly, getting to it requires dismantling the device which does require specialized tools.

If it is not a connection failure, it could be damage to the display and keyboard assembly.

There are several companys that offer BlackBerry repair service, you can find them with a Google search.
    Hey Reed, I'm decent with electronics and as a result I've disassembled and reassembled it many times. Is there a circuit diagram I can get a look at? I can't seem to find any thus fixing it is rather complicated when I am unsure of the problem!

Thanks for your advice/help.
    Last edited by justin00; 11-17-08 at 05:07 PM.
    11-17-08 03:10 PM
    thanks a lot you saved my BB y wiped it and the 4.5 OS was not loading properly.
    11-18-08 01:37 AM
    Hey Reed, I'm decent with electronics and as a result I've disassembled and reassembled it many times. Is there a circuit diagram I can get a look at? I can't seem to find any thus fixing it is rather complicated when I am unsure of the problem!

Thanks for your advice/help.
    I suspect that is private information that will only be available to BlackBerry insiders. I have never see it.
    11-18-08 10:21 AM
1,742 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD