This is gold. I installed the 4.5.81 software on my curve 8310. It worked for a week and then I got the screen with the battery and red line through it. I have tried reloading software to no avail. Tried JL Cmdr to wipe it to no avail.
    I finally got a new bberry from my IT department. I am using it but got them to let me keep the old one to see if I could get it working.
    I inserted the CD that came with the new one, went through the steps listed here, and that was the difference. Going through the DOS steps seems to be the key.
    Thanks for the help. I now have an extra Curve if I need it.
    10-08-08 07:27 PM
    There's no apploader in the desktop manager I've got, 4.6 (it came on the CD). No such directory, no loader.exe. What do I do? I'm getting the 507 error after I tried to upgrade the OS on my Bold, and the computer won't connect to the phone.
    10-13-08 10:29 PM
    my bold wont start up! its got a white screen and it says reload software: 507

do i use the same steps as written on the first post? or should something different be done for the bold?

ive only had it for 2 weeks!!
    10-14-08 03:12 AM
    my bold wont start up! its got a white screen and it says reload software: 507

do i use the same steps as written on the first post? or should something different be done for the bold?

ive only had it for 2 weeks!!
    Hello ilifar,

Maybe a Forum Moderator will chime in on this in the morning, but here's my two cents worth:

Yes it will, though I would go down this path after you've tried the easier ones here: Have your OS ready to load to your device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Good Luck,

Peter
    10-14-08 03:36 AM
    Thanks Peter, we always appreciate the help.

The 507 error means you were successful in deleting your current OS from your computer.

The next step is to verify you have correctly installed the support software.

Windows / Control Panel / Programs. There should be two BlackBerry packages installed, the Desktop Manager and the correct device OS.

If either is missing, it will not work.

No such directory, no loader.exe. ...
    The Desktop Manager creates this directory. If it is correctly installed, you may be looking in the wrong place. There are two Research in Motion directories. The one you need is:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

do i use the same steps as written on the first post?
    You can use these instructions, but you really should use Desktop Manager / Application Loader. It gives you full control over the install, this thread documents the technique for a full replacement.

If you are having a failed connection problem, that is usually a because of the USB drivers. Re-install Desktop Manager, that should fix you up.
    10-14-08 12:42 PM
    Thanks for the info just got my bb two days ago in the middle of the update to 4.5 it crashed thanks for the walk through
    10-17-08 09:20 PM
    Thanks for making my day, another BlackBerry restored to life.
    10-17-08 10:11 PM
    thank the heavens!!! this is the best!
    10-20-08 09:47 PM
    Thank you very much for sharing this info, really you helped me a lot. Can i personally mail you if i have any doubts towards it.
    10-21-08 04:17 AM
    You can use personal messages, but I would prefer to keep any discussion part of this thread. The point is to make the information public and useful to others that may experience similar problems.
    10-21-08 09:52 AM
    Thank you for these steps. Restored my Blackberry nicely!
    10-21-08 12:06 PM
    I followed each of the steps and when I was entering the command prompts I entered everything up to LOADER /NOJVM and then the system gave me an error that loader is not an internal or external command any ideas what I need to do or what I did wrong?
    10-21-08 07:39 PM
    Ok I followed all steps to the T. This is what I get:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]

after this and a re try I get this:

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.

Never mind. I finally got it working....
    Last edited by 1fstgixer; 10-25-08 at 02:28 PM. Reason: I got it working
    10-25-08 11:32 AM
    Hello All,

I dropped my BB Pearl 8100 from quite some height.

When I turn it on I get the red light, only shows it ONCE then stops. NO SCREEN ACTION WHATSOEVER!!

I have used Javaloader to WIPE, then reinstall. No screen action and appears its doing nothing.

I have also used the command line options which SUCCEEDS, but afterwards, no screen action!!

I am able to take a screenshot with the Javaloader and see it's displaying a 507 after a wipe. Should I see this on the screen?

Help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin
    10-26-08 07:55 PM
    UPDATE: AFter I wipe I get screenshots of a home screen. Keyboard seems to be able to input, but screen has no action, and no backlight on keys.

-Justin
    10-26-08 08:36 PM
    THANKS a million for the great posts and walk-throughs big guy!

if i could find you i would kiss you, in a manly platonic fashion of course.

you have saved me from being un-laid for a bout a year.

i bricked my wife's beloved BB trying to upgrade to 4.5 (after she insisted i do so). i was able to revive it and install 4.5 with your help. my wife loves 4.5.

i do have a question: when i first tried to update to 4.5 the DM had backed up my wife's phone and was erasing the applications right before it gave me the "fatal error" which made me soil myself.

my wife is really wishing i could restore her calendar and memos like i did with mine. is there some way to find the back up files and restore them to her phone? are they hidden in some folder in the RIM folder on my hard drive?

any help would be appreciated, but you have been immensely helpful already.

keep up the good work!
    10-27-08 02:13 AM
    Glad to hear you saved you marrage.

Backup uses three different file naming conventions:

Backup (xxxx-xx-xx).ipd for manual commanded backup.

Autobackup (xxxx-xx-xx).ipd for Automatic backup.

Loaderbackup (xxxx-xx-xx).ipd for the device upgrade backup.

Loaderbackup with the matching date is the one you want to use for the restore.

By default, the backups are saved in My Documents, but you can optionally change it to whatever directory you choose.

If you are having trouble finding it, use Windows / Search with *.ipd.
    10-27-08 02:36 PM
    UPDATE: AFter I wipe I get screenshots of a home screen. Keyboard seems to be able to input, but screen has no action, and no backlight on keys.

-Justin
    Ouch...

The most obvious failure would be the connection to the logic board. Unfortunatly, getting to it requires dismantling the device which does require specialized tools.

If it is not a connection failure, it could be damage to the display and keyboard assembly.

There are several companys that offer BlackBerry repair service, you can find them with a Google search.
    10-27-08 02:41 PM
    youruleyouruleyouruleyourule!

i found the backup file in my documents folder and used it to restore my wife's data. she is ecstatic. strangely enough, a search of my entire hard drive did not turn up the backup extensions. i looked in my documents folder and there it was!

i am a mac user and had to drag out my old PC to do this so it has been an adventure.

thanks again for the help!
    10-27-08 07:23 PM
    I Have No Clue How To Work Any Of This

If Anyone Knows Someone Who I Can Pay To Actually Help Me With My Problem
    Please Let Me Know
    I Would Appreciate It So Much

Ps I Live In So.cal
    10-28-08 07:11 AM
    I Have No Clue How To Work Any Of This

If Anyone Knows Someone Who I Can Pay To Actually Help Me With My Problem
    Please Let Me Know
    I Would Appreciate It So Much

Ps I Live In So.cal
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

There are several firms that offer BlackBerry Repair service, I am sure that would include a diagnosis and restore of the software, if the device is recoverable. Use Google "BlackBerry Repair Service" to locate them.

BlackBerry offers factory support service, but it will require you ship your device to their Canadian offices.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-28-08 at 12:05 PM.
    10-28-08 11:56 AM
    Speaking of dead blackberries. I have had the worst luck imaginable with this stupid VZW 8330. First it would not port (took two hours in the store--cut my finger on the cardboard box) and now another two days before I could be called from certain phones--in the mean time I tried to fix it on my own. It is currently sitting here with a error 507 (I know what it means) because I wiped it with JL Cmder (which took 5 tries BTW) and now I can't get the OS back on it because my desktop manager keep telling it has to shut down due to a problem and wants to send microsoft the details.

FYI, I have already downloaded the device software twice and the desktop manager three times, and right now, it has been stuck on the (full) progress bar for over an hour. It's very irritating!
    10-28-08 12:11 PM
    ...I can't get the OS back on it because my desktop manager keep telling it has to shut down due to a problem and wants to send microsoft the details.

FYI, I have already downloaded the device software twice and the desktop manager three times, and right now, it has been stuck on the (full) progress bar for over an hour. It's very irritating!
    I would start troubleshooting with a re-boot of your computer.

Use Windows control panel / programs / uninstall both the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the currently installed OS.

If you are using an earlier version of DTM, download and install the current v4.6 software.

Connect your device and do a backup. If that works, we can rule out a problem with the computer and the USB ports. If you can not do that, try using a different computer.

The next step is to download and install a known good copy of the device OS. You can use your carriers original device OS or one from an alternate carrier that has been tested and approved for distribution. You can find a link to the most current OS posted in each device sub forum.

10-28-08 12:24 PM
    I've already done all of that except using 4.6. VZW doesn't support it, so I was trying to use 4.3.
    10-28-08 12:34 PM
    I ran BlackBerry Desktop Manger v4.3 with Window Vista for several months without any problems, that is not an issue.

10-28-08 02:55 PM
1,742 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD