Pleaaaase I need Help for my BB curve 8310 cann't be updated ,,,,,, and Is Now Nuked PLEAAAASE
    09-14-11 07:05 PM
    Just i would Know to restore my bb curve 8310 ..... Is Nuked PLEAASE
    09-14-11 07:08 PM
    Pleaaaase I need Help for my BB curve 8310 cann't be updated ,,,,,, and Is Now Nuked PLEAAAASE
    Try to wipe your device used a data cable and a software, then install the OS.
    09-17-11 06:33 AM
    awesome post!! helped me out big time. Thank you!
    09-26-11 11:27 PM
    Hi All,

Need some help with my Bold 9700.

Downloaded a theme today which was obviosly corrupt.

After re-booting, my bb crashes on the home screen and literally won't do anything.

Have tried re-booting several times, leaving battery out, etc.

DM obviously doesn't pick up my device as it thinks it is still in the start up stages.

Have looked through a lot of forums, downloaded the latest OS from my carrier and installed. Tried running the AppLoader but still getting the message:

"The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I don't understand as I have now tried installing both the most recent 6.0 OS as well as the previous 5.0 and still get the same message?

I'm pretty sure if I can somehow get rid of this theme manually then my bb should start no problem?

Any help much appreciated!!
    09-27-11 05:16 PM
    Hi All,

Need some help with my Bold 9700.

Downloaded a theme today which was obviosly corrupt.

After re-booting, my bb crashes on the home screen and literally won't do anything.

Have tried re-booting several times, leaving battery out, etc.

DM obviously doesn't pick up my device as it thinks it is still in the start up stages.

Have looked through a lot of forums, downloaded the latest OS from my carrier and installed. Tried running the AppLoader but still getting the message:

"The blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I don't understand as I have now tried installing both the most recent 6.0 OS as well as the previous 5.0 and still get the same message?

I'm pretty sure if I can somehow get rid of this theme manually then my bb should start no problem?

Any help much appreciated!!
    You need to search for and delete the vendor.xml file.
    09-27-11 05:32 PM
    Hey guys,

own a 9800 for almost a year now and pretty happy with it until today, i woke up and found out my 9800 is dead... wont even turn on, i left it charging the night before though... tried plugging to outlet then computer, nothing turns on, not even a single LED light....... what went wrong???

tried battery pull, plugging without the battery, putting in another battery,,.. nope....nada....... any help??? thanks guys!
    09-28-11 11:52 AM
    Hey guys! First off I just want to thank everyone for actually devoting their time to help people like me out haha.

My phone's completely dead. I tried pulling the battery out and restarting it multiple times/ charging it/ connecting it to my computer but it just won't go back to the normal loading screen; it would just stay black and the screen wouldn't light up at all. The only thing I see at the beginning is a solid red light. Once it turns off nothing else happens. The phone stays dead.

Now when I get to the command line and finally get to the last part, the program asks for the "Communication Port Selection". SADLY, I can't select any communication port because they're all blank. AND I can't even "Detect Communication Port" because it just won't let me check it.

Help please?
    10-05-11 07:27 PM
    Hey guys! First off I just want to thank everyone for actually devoting their time to help people like me out haha.

My phone's completely dead. I tried pulling the battery out and restarting it multiple times/ charging it/ connecting it to my computer but it just won't go back to the normal loading screen; it would just stay black and the screen wouldn't light up at all. The only thing I see at the beginning is a solid red light. Once it turns off nothing else happens. The phone stays dead.

Now when I get to the command line and finally get to the last part, the program asks for the "Communication Port Selection". SADLY, I can't select any communication port because they're all blank. AND I can't even "Detect Communication Port" because it just won't let me check it.

Help please?
    You did try the Apploader method right? Did you remove the battery and plug it in, then quickly rush through the prompts to reload the software?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 08:47 PM
    Well the main problem is that my computer doesn't even detect my phone anymore. I have my cables connected from the blackberry to the computer yet it shows no activity or doesn't prompt me that a device is connected. And now, it won't charge or anything. The LED light won't even light up anymore.

I can't use the Apploader because it doesn't recognize that my phone is connected.
    10-06-11 09:01 AM
    Well the main problem is that my computer doesn't even detect my phone anymore. I have my cables connected from the blackberry to the computer yet it shows no activity or doesn't prompt me that a device is connected. And now, it won't charge or anything. The LED light won't even light up anymore.

I can't use the Apploader because it doesn't recognize that my phone is connected.
    It's a paperweight. If you have insurance to replace it, take advantage of it, if it's warranty, a swap unit, or go for a refurbished one.

10-06-11 05:20 PM
    This thread never gets old. My Torch flickered out last night and went into the endless reboot routine. I'm pleased to report that this salvage operation managed to reignite the flame and it's running better than ever. And Ms. Trueheart's BBM's are chiming in as I type. Thanks Reed. (Dude's got game).
    10-10-11 07:24 PM
    hi
    when i type in CD RESEARCH IN MOTION it says The system cannot find the path specified. can any tell me what this means

thanks
    10-12-11 01:53 PM
    hi
    when i type in CD RESEARCH IN MOTION it says The system cannot find the path specified. can any tell me what this means

thanks
    You need to go to using windows explorer, to C:/PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER and then, delete the vendor.xml file. You will also need to search for vendor.xml and make sure "hidden and system files" is checked. Or what I recommend, just use your carrier's OS and reload 'er up.

10-12-11 05:12 PM
    Your carrier: ATT

Model Torch 9800

Did a battery pull fix your issue? NO!!! not even the suggestions

I need help really bad. Phone is DEAD ! ! ! I do not know what to do next
    10-12-11 06:35 PM
    You need to go to using windows explorer, to C:/PROGRAM FILES/COMMON FILES/RESEARCH IN MOTION/APPLOADER and then, delete the vendor.xml file. You will also need to search for vendor.xml and make sure "hidden and system files" is checked. Or what I recommend, just use your carrier's OS and reload 'er up.

Your advise worked. However, my blackberry 9700 is completely dead, no sign of life, the red light won't even come on, my computer doesn't recognize the device, it wont even make that popping noise when you connect an external device. I know my usb ports are fine on the computer as it recognizes my ipod. Any idea with whats wrong with the blackberry?
    Last edited by syedul; 10-12-11 at 07:57 PM.
    10-12-11 06:51 PM
    Tried this method using the command prompt. All it really does is start the apploader.. which you can do through windows. I dont get it. My problem on my storm is that the step within apploader 'reconnecting to JVM' comes to an error message that says 'can not connect' then says 'reconnect and enter the password and press try again' which you can not do. Cant get past this point. Been working on this thing for two days now.. hammer time soon..
    10-13-11 11:24 PM
    Tried this method using the command prompt. All it really does is start the apploader.. which you can do through windows. I dont get it. My problem on my storm is that the step within apploader 'reconnecting to JVM' comes to an error message that says 'can not connect' then says 'reconnect and enter the password and press try again' which you can not do. Cant get past this point. Been working on this thing for two days now.. hammer time soon..
    Bring it to the carrier's store and ask them to reload the OS. It's worth a try. EDIT: Also, try it without the battery, but so it AS SOON as the LED turns on.

10-13-11 11:34 PM
    I'm trying to avoid using DM to reload my software. I went to AppLoader but it says DM has to be installed in order to use it? Is this correct? I'm at work & cannot install DM here. I would have to wait until I get home this afternoon to reload my OS.
    10-14-11 07:02 AM
    I got red red light of slow death... PLease help - what do you type in cmd for windows7 ? My phone dosent come on, on slow red light come when i charge the phone.

PLEASE HELP
    10-30-11 11:22 AM
    I got red red light of slow death... PLease help - what do you type in cmd for windows7 ? My phone dosent come on, on slow red light come when i charge the phone.

PLEASE HELP
    Remove the battery and connect it to desktop manager, then let it prompt you to update the device. You'll have the OS reloaded once you get past the error messages. Once it says "recommecting to JVM", insert the battery and it'll go thoiugh.

10-30-11 03:59 PM
    Has this fixed anyones " black screen with the flashing led' ? 'cuz nothing works for me whatever I try on my 9900.
    11-05-11 02:56 PM
    hi, did anyone solve this problem..? error 365

at my bb bold 9000 the other day it has a white screen and a small box in the middle saying error 365 and reset button. after i reset it, it won't open anymore, (black screen) but the LED is blinking red. i tried procedures in nuked berry. but when i'm in the step where the bb wait for the device initialization, it says retry. pleace enter password then retry.. what should i do?
    11-10-11 02:45 AM
    Has this fixed anyones " black screen with the flashing led' ? 'cuz nothing works for me whatever I try on my 9900.
    Bold 9900, used it flawlessly for 2 months. Today i wanted to update to new leaked .540 version, did all the usual steps, had 50% battery when started the update. All went fine then suddenly phone turned itself off and red light started to slowly blink. I went nuts, since i have no warranty for my phone... Tried all the chargers i had around, tried pulling the battery a few times, left the phone without battery, sim and card for a while, all in vain. Slow blinking red light while screen turned off... I kept trying with loader.exe /nojvm command, loader connected but i got random freezes at different loading stages of the os ( when loading apps on pc) . But i kept trying and trying an trying, disconnected the phone from pc, pulled the batt, recconected and finally i succeeded.

So, just try and you might get it working again like i did! I am so damn happy now!
    11-15-11 01:55 AM
    My bold 9700 packed in a couple of days ago... when i turn it on just a blank white screen and nothing else tried battery pull followed this thread step by step everything worked (OS upgraded etc) but still white screen i dnt know what to try now can anyone help me pleaseeeeee
    xx
    11-25-11 06:48 AM
1,742 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD