Hi All

Happy new year to everyone.

I was given a BB8900. It was working fine but left in a draw for a week before given it to me.

I left as normal the LED light flashed 4 times and then goes off. I tried to reload the OS via loader /nojvm, all it does is hang on "Waiting for Device Initialization" after which I get an error message. JL_Loader and the BBSAK can't connect either.

After reading various forums I replaced the battery with a brand new one. Still doing the same thing. I also tried another USB Cable but have the same problem.

I read somewhere as well that you mustn't use an USB HUB. I've tried on 3 different PC's as well with the same result.

Someone out there have any idea's ?

Thanks in advanced
    Ryan
    01-04-11 09:46 AM
    Hi All

Happy new year to everyone.

I was given a BB8900. It was working fine but left in a draw for a week before given it to me.

I left as normal the LED light flashed 4 times and then goes off. I tried to reload the OS via loader /nojvm, all it does is hang on "Waiting for Device Initialization" after which I get an error message. JL_Loader and the BBSAK can't connect either.

After reading various forums I replaced the battery with a brand new one. Still doing the same thing. I also tried another USB Cable but have the same problem.

I read somewhere as well that you mustn't use an USB HUB. I've tried on 3 different PC's as well with the same result.

Someone out there have any idea's ?

Thanks in advanced
    Ryan
    Go to the shop, I had the exact same problem with my bold. I just give my phone to the shops like 3 hours ago. Probably the same time you posted your situation. lol.
    01-04-11 11:55 AM
    i followed all your steps. I have windows 7 but i used the command in windows vista. IT WORKS!! thanks! super thanks. now i should collect my contacts and other files again. You are a great help!!!
    01-11-11 03:40 PM
    i've tried everything possible.
    new cable, different pc, /nojvm, with battery, without battery, bbsak, BDM 4.7, BDM 5, BDM 6, JL_Cmder etc.
    But it just keeps restarting at CONNECTING TO BOOTROM
    For some reason the phone shuts down, and when starting back up when it should connect to bootrom, it just shuts off and restarts.
    might be a hard ware issue?
    Any other new ideas?
    01-12-11 01:08 AM
    I don't recall seeing that during my rebuilds, it may not be problem. Try it again, but leave it connected for at least 30 min.
    01-12-11 10:29 AM
    by doing this, will my stuffs be wiped off my phone? if so , how do i back it up now since its dead?
    01-12-11 05:52 PM
    help anyone?
    01-14-11 04:00 AM
    My blackberry bold 9000 wont start it just restarts constantly and i get a red light is there any way i can fix this? I have tried battery pulls and it wont connect to the computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    01-16-11 09:07 PM
    Hi to all!

My Bold 9000 drained and now i get RED LIGHT blinking 10111(1-on,0-off).
    I get the blinks when i try to charge from charger or usb and also i get the blinks when i try to connect without battery to PC for the "loader trick'!!
    Not recognize at all!!! I try a lot of the things...
    Reboot
    Charging for one night
    Connect with or without battery by loader (4.5, 4.5, 5.0, 6.0 versions of DM) BUT nothing happen...
    PLEASE i appreciate any help!!!
    01-19-11 07:49 AM
    I LOVE YOU. No, Seriously! You are a complete life-saver. Thank you so much for your detailed and thorough directions on how to recover from this ridiculous mishap! I just got this phone set up tonight after dropping my Droid and cracking the screen (RIP), I was already reluctant to use the blackberry again and then I programmed the phone to have a password, BAD IDEA. For some reason the type method changed to numeric instead of text and when I entered it, it was wrong. I had no idea this would happen! BUT, needless to say you have saved my life tonight and allowed for me to be able to connect with the world again all before midnight.

PS: I NEVER reply to forums, just use them and get on with life. I felt that it was only imperative to register on the site & APPLAUD you for your awesome response to the initial question. Thank you again!!!!

-CEH
    Reed McLay likes this.
    01-19-11 10:51 PM
    I can hug you right now!

You're a lifesaver!

Fixed my App Error 602.
    01-26-11 07:59 PM
    hey guys i have a blackberry bold 9000. Its dead, the red light does not go on at all and it doesnot detect on my pc...i tried the loader thing and it still does not detect or show any connected bb. There was no damage to it...it gave white light before it died. Any solutions?
    02-10-11 02:27 AM
    NOTHING WORKS!!! Ive spent the last 2 days scouring the internet for solutions, but my BB is just dead. Funny thing is, I did absolutely nothing to cause it. I was using UberTwitter yesterday morning when my BB just shutdown. It now shows an empty battery icon with a red X through it. Ive tried the battery pull, everything. It always gets stuck at "Reconnecting To JVM"... Help? Or do you guys think my phone is done for?

EDIT: It's a BlackBerry Bold 9000, by the way.
    02-10-11 02:01 PM
    hey guys i have a blackberry bold 9000. Its dead, the red light does not go on at all and it doesnot detect on my pc...i tried the loader thing and it still does not detect or show any connected bb. There was no damage to it...it gave white light before it died. Any solutions?
    NOTHING WORKS!!! Ive spent the last 2 days scouring the internet for solutions, but my BB is just dead. Funny thing is, I did absolutely nothing to cause it. I was using UberTwitter yesterday morning when my BB just shutdown. It now shows an empty battery icon with a red X through it. Ive tried the battery pull, everything. It always gets stuck at "Reconnecting To JVM"... Help? Or do you guys think my phone is done for?

EDIT: It's a BlackBerry Bold 9000, by the way.
    The crossed out battery icon means your battery is failing to provide adaqute voltage for normal operation.

Replace the battery and it should return to normal.
    02-10-11 03:29 PM
    Hi, Can anyone help me with this one.

i have done lots of upgrades and downgrades and never encountered this issue,I have a curve 8300 which had 4.2 os on it,i tried to upgrade to 4.5 os but encountered a fatal error message of jx:00000024 and it says on the device

net rim bb messaging app.module net_rim_tid not found

I have tried wiping the device,reloading the os,no other os are on the pc,the vendor file was deleted and the recycling bin emptied,have tried rebooting pc etc,app loader recognises the bb,reads it,lets me choose input from the os and then starts to wipe and then reload software.

It starts to load software and gets about a quater of the files onboard and has the fatal error message, i have been round in cirvles rewiping,trying other carriers os for this 4.2 but nothing seems to get it past this error.

Any help appreciated

Cheers Highlander
    02-14-11 09:27 AM
    I have just checked my COD files and net_rim_tid.cod plus language support files are present.

Check yours at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader\DEVICE OS\java. If it is not present, or the size is not 142 Kb, you might have a corrupt download.
    02-14-11 10:28 AM
    I recommend you re-download the latest OS for your blackberry from your carrier and install it again, then use BBSAK to reload it. But uninstall the old one first and run a CCleaner registry and disk clean before reinstalling it.

Hi, Can anyone help me with this one.

i have done lots of upgrades and downgrades and never encountered this issue,I have a curve 8300 which had 4.2 os on it,i tried to upgrade to 4.5 os but encountered a fatal error message of jx:00000024 and it says on the device

I have tried wiping the device,reloading the os,no other os are on the pc,the vendor file was deleted and the recycling bin emptied,have tried rebooting pc etc,app loader recognises the bb,reads it,lets me choose input from the os and then starts to wipe and then reload software.

It starts to load software and gets about a quater of the files onboard and has the fatal error message, i have been round in cirvles rewiping,trying other carriers os for this 4.2 but nothing seems to get it past this error.

Any help appreciated

Cheers Highlander
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 11:12 AM
    Hi guys,the curve is unbranded and unlocked so i can put any carriers on it,my current carrier does not now carry the 8300 anymore so i am re doing from another uk carrier that still does.
    I am trying the 4.5 from o2 uk.I checked the os when in app loader when given the option to tick what you want on the device,

when i ticked english the file size was only 4kb,and the language support which automatically is ticked when you select a language,the file size is 0kb.

All other languages are between 90kb and 300kb and the language support stays at 0kb.

Am downloading another to check the input on english kb size on this one,and i have deleted the 4.2os i had on my pc.

Highlander
    02-14-11 12:04 PM
    I have the same question, thank you guys to share your experience.
    02-20-11 01:43 AM
    I guess that they will be usefull one day for me as well! Go on sharing with the community!
    02-20-11 01:44 AM
    So my blackberry got wiped because my buttons started to mess up, and the password thing kept saying my password was incorrect. Now i get a white screen with the Reload Software:513. Ive tried every solution i can find but nothing is working. My desktop manager wont connect to my device, and the apploader either tells me it cant install the OS because of an XML syntax error, or it tells me the software is incompatible. Please help
    02-22-11 09:49 PM
    So my blackberry got wiped because my buttons started to mess up, and the password thing kept saying my password was incorrect. Now i get a white screen with the Reload Software:513. Ive tried every solution i can find but nothing is working. My desktop manager wont connect to my device, and the apploader either tells me it cant install the OS because of an XML syntax error, or it tells me the software is incompatible. Please help
    Is it still under warranty or if you have insurance, can you obtain a swap unit?

02-22-11 09:56 PM
    Is it still under warranty or if you have insurance, can you obtain a swap unit?

no i dont think its still under warranty
    02-22-11 10:10 PM
    This thread is great. I am still having issues unnuking my phone. I have a storm I verizon that locked up on me doing nothing so I don't think the hardware has failed. I pulled the battery when it happened and all I get in a 10 sec on red LED followed by what appears to be a reset (all buttons on front light temp) and then back to red LED. I have tried this battery in a different phone and it works. I have tried the standard DTM but it states no communication, asks me to update, I accept and it fails on initialization. I have tried the DOS prompts listed on page 1 and it seems to make it furthur but I end up with the following attached windows saying I can't reconnect to JVM. I am doing the /nojvm DOS load without a battery using the factory supplied USB cable and during the load failure the screen has a battery crossed on.

Any suggestions?
    02-23-11 06:17 PM
    This thread is great. I am still having issues unnuking my phone. I have a storm I verizon that locked up on me doing nothing so I don't think the hardware has failed. I pulled the battery when it happened and all I get in a 10 sec on red LED followed by what appears to be a reset (all buttons on front light temp) and then back to red LED. I have tried this battery in a different phone and it works. I have tried the standard DTM but it states no communication, asks me to update, I accept and it fails on initialization. I have tried the DOS prompts listed on page 1 and it seems to make it furthur but I end up with the following attached windows saying I can't reconnect to JVM. I am doing the /nojvm DOS load without a battery using the factory supplied USB cable and during the load failure the screen has a battery crossed on.

Any suggestions?
    That means your battery is failing to deliver adequate voltage, try a new battery.

Your OS install failed during the reconnection to the newly installed software. I suspect a fresh battery will fix that problem.

The fact that it worked in a different phone could mean the tolerance are set differently, just enough to recognize that battery, for now.
    02-23-11 06:47 PM
1,742 ... 5455565758 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD