I am encouraged you are able to do the Applications Loader install, but did you see the final "Successful Install" message from Applications loader?

If so, the culprit may be the LCD display. I doubt that is the case, you would not see the No Battery icon if the screen was a dead failure.

The OS rebuild can take a long time, there is one critical reconnection step in the process. If that step fails, there is a message to that effect in Applications Loader.

Are you able to make and receive phone calls? That is quick Go/No Go test to determine if the phone is working or not.

Yes, I see the loading operation was successful. I can't receive or make calls.

Any other idea?
    09-23-09 02:25 PM
    Your profile and your post both identify your Curve as an 8310, that is not possible if your carrier is Bell.

Bell is a CDMA carrier, only the 8330 Curve will work on their network.

Check the sticker inside the battery compartment. If it is an 8310, it can be used on Rogers/Fido GSM network only.
    09-23-09 02:39 PM
    Your profile and your post both identify your Curve as an 8310, that is not possible if your carrier is Bell.

Bell is a CDMA carrier, only the 8330 Curve will work on their network.

Check the sticker inside the battery compartment. If it is an 8310, it can be used on Rogers/Fido GSM network only.
    The phone is 8130 and not 8310. How do I change it in my profile?

Figured it out......
    Last edited by phrozenn.heat; 09-23-09 at 09:35 PM.
    09-23-09 04:53 PM
    I don't know what this meant but this is what I got from the event log from Jl_cmder after I ran the wipe option.

guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Wed Sep 23 22:29:48 2009 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM: 100088 gc=0 idle=0 native=NONE
    guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Wed Sep 23 22:29:48 2009 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:System Startup
    guid:0x97C9F5F641D25E5F time: Wed Sep 23 22:29:48 2009 severity:0 type:2 app:System data:VM:FSNHv=1

Does it make any sense to you Reed?
    09-23-09 09:37 PM
    I've got a dead 8320 Curve... normal routine of plugging it in at night and then picking it up to take to work in the morning, but last 2 days ago I picked it up and it wouldn't turn on... just a red flashing light.

Since then I've scoured the net finding every tidbit possible to recover my Curve. There is no water damage (both labels are 'normal'). I bought a new battery (just in case). I tried the JL_Cmder/JavaLoader but it would never connect.

I've done the "Loader /NOJVM" in every imaginable combination of USB ports, battery unplugged/plugged-in/plugged-in-later processes. It always looks like it might work until it gets to the second step and it sits there until it comes up with the inevitable "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

I've read that as long as the red-light is flashing it should be recoverable, that it isn't completely toast... but I'm losing hope at this point.

I'm trying to figure out what is different about my situation from all the recovery situation that appear to work for others -- one thing is that my screen has never come on. It is always black/blank. Others refer to a white screen with an hourglass but I've never seen the screen even flash/flicker on mine since it died let-alone show an hourglass.

Is there some step I'm missing or how can I tell if I'm wasting my time because mine really is 'bricked'. I still get the red flashing light, it still comes up with "USB PIN:UNKNOWN" on the AppLoader, and it still erases/loads the system... but it will never start up. Is there anything else I should be trying?

Anyone know why these die like this... nothing out of the ordinary happened, it just didn't come on one morning. Should I be avoiding blackberrys? It is just over a year old ... between me and the my wife and kid's we've probably had a dozen cell phones in the past 10 years and none of them have ever just 'died'.
    09-24-09 09:03 PM
    I tried using the dos commands to get to the Apploader. After using apploader I ended with the same results as going to it using windows.

I did notice something.

Before selecting which apps to load along with the OS there is a button "DETAILS" This button brings up a box that says 4.3 system software properties. In this box are two tabs: General and Modules under modules I find This application is composed of the following modules: There is 3 colums Module Name-Installed Version-Available Version The names are written in the same format (net_rim_bb_setupwizard) -Installed version is "not installed"- The available version is "4.3.0.93"

Here's the kicker. The very last module the name is KnJCDE Installed version is not installed - The available wersion is 0.0

Is this module causing my problems? Can I remove it somehow?
    09-25-09 11:55 AM
    hello everyone... i'm stuck with the endless rebooting and as a last resort (before i break something) i want to ask if anyone can help me figure this out...

I have a bold that entered into the reboot yesterday. after a while about 30 min cycling, it magically fixed itself. then last night it started again. no self fixing this time.
    i tried the wipe jl_cmdr and then the process described here. the problem is that after the load when the loader restarts the phone it goes back to the endless rebooting again. i tried it with battery in and then battery out. i tried it probably 20 times now (to see if timing of anything changes something) but no luck.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
    09-26-09 01:06 PM
    Just had to say thank you! I thought I had done in my berry for good, but the command line version fixed it!
    09-28-09 10:55 PM
    For those that have tried every thing on the forum and without success, even though kudos have been abundant I hit on something that so far I have not seen posted. However, it's didn't bring my BB back to life like I wanted, but something is better than nothing.

For those that have tried every solution to get out of the constant reboot cycle without success, give this a try. Uninstall everything in your control panel that deals with the software and Desktop for your BB. Shut down and reboot your computer. For my 8700c I downloaded from ATT the lowest form of software 4.1 and it didn't seem to matter what DM I downloaded and believe me I've tried every combination. Even though your BB is constantly turning on and off 4.1 will load successfully. Here's the catch, you have the BB stable again and I thought what the heck and did a wipe hoping I could load 4.2, JL worked, which it hadn't before, but 4.2 won't load...unable to connect during a multi stage operation. I'm stuck with 4.1 software if I want this thing to work again. I'm totally baffled on that one.
    10-01-09 09:18 PM
    ' LOADER' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

this is what i get when i try. has anyone else had this happen?
    Last edited by Mystery252; 10-01-09 at 10:42 PM.
    10-01-09 10:40 PM
    My blackberry 8310 keeps stopping the process when the program reaches "-> waiting for device initialization".
    "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
    I was trying to install OS 4.5 to it, but if i remember correctly, the original was 4.2, does this matter? I was also not using an native battery for the 8310, rather the battery for the 8330/8350i (C-X2). No idea if the "microchip" in the battery impedes with the reboot of the device.
    (EDIT: Tried 4.2, nothing gained :/)

Is there anything i can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by syllableslayer; 10-02-09 at 02:21 PM.
    10-02-09 01:35 PM
    Just for everyone's info - I have a T-mobile Curve 8900 which suddenly wouldn't turn on.

First, it was blinking red, then tried to charge - wouldn't work.

Then dead completely - wouldn't be recognized by computer or any activity - dead.

Now I plugged it in overnight (I only have the USB cable with me, but no LED's, nothing, still dead), and then tried to take out the battery *and* SIM card, then put in the battery after a few minutes, *not* the SIM card, and the LED is showing red. (I am assuming it's charging).

Will update the post later, if it requires the restore at the beginning of the thread...

(Note that I'm using a USB cable to charge, which may be the problem, as I have no idea where the actual charger is - I'm really not a fan of BB, except for the keyboard, which is excellent, and wish WinMo devices had this.)

Edited To Add: I just put the 8900 on the USB cable on my older laptop, a HP nw8000 to charge - and it's charging (and working) fine!

I had the 8900 on a Dell flat panel display (powered USB hub?), which didn't really work, nor did my Toshiba M700 - I wonder why the BB requires more juice than a HTC phone!?
    Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 10-05-09 at 03:24 AM.
    10-05-09 01:23 AM
    UPDATE:

I’m the guy a few messages ago asked (desperately) “[i’ve tried everything and it doesn’t work…] Is there anything else I should be trying?”

Well, just to encourage everyone else in the same boat, I found the magic trick that got it working again: give up.

I gave up a week ago and came back to it today in ‘one last attempt.’ Amazingly, I put in the battery and a ‘507’ screen came up (before it was always just black/blank with the red flashing light). The red light was solid.

So I tried AppLoader again. Unplugged the battery, started loader.exe, plugged in the USB cable, the USB device show up, selected it, went through the steps to install the software, plugged the battery back in after the progress bar started… and it work. The system software loaded, and it got past the point where I earlier had the “Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation” just fine.

I have not done anything different other than not touch the device for several days. During the ‘down time’ I had it completely apart: no battery, no sd card, no sim card, etc.
    10-05-09 07:39 AM
    I have tried loading all of the downloads and it keeps getting an error code and wont finish loading..... I have followed every direction possible and I am still not getting anywhere

The phone is only 3 weeks old and it is doing the repetitive rebooting thing!! I am extremely frustrated can anyone help?
    10-05-09 08:14 AM
    Which error are you getting?

10-05-09 09:59 AM
    K so I load the research in motion program and then I go to apply it to th black berry and there are no apps on it..... so I go to Verizon to load the apps and I have tried all of the prgrams offfered and it says fatal error in loading this prgram...
    10-05-09 04:29 PM
    I belive I know the problem now. You do have part of the software installed correctly, but you are missing the second part.

Open Windows Control Panel / Programs and verify you have both BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device OS Software installed.

I suspect you are missing the device OS software.

Download that from your Carrier or select the latest approved OS software listed in the Storm Sub Forums.

Once you have both installed, they will work together to let you fully customize your Storm build.
    10-06-09 01:24 PM
    I have a 8310 curve that just quit one afternoon. The first I noticed a problem was that my call attempts said failed call. After that I was using it to surf web, then later that afternoon I noticed my red led staying on longer than normal as if I had a message. Ever since then, all it does is the led flashes longer and slower blink rate than normal and no screen. No anything. I have tried a couple of the examples of restoring a dead bb posted here to no avail. nothing I do seems to work. On a vista system when you get to the last command (nojvm) it doesn't recognize it. On an xp system nothing works either. I guess it is just toast. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
    10-09-09 11:37 PM
    Changed battery, everything works fine now. Thanks to all the posts on restoring a dead bb.
    10-10-09 07:19 PM
    i got the 507 "reload software" error. I have tried everything and now my storm is caught in a load up loop. the progress bar gets to equal to the blackberry button. stalls than shows a quick white screen that says file error and some other stuff. that the clock and starts all over again.

on the desktop the BM does not even see the "pin" for the device.

my local verizon store said they have never seen this before.

I was trying to switch the OS to 148 from 230.........

Help Help................
    10-11-09 02:30 PM
    Is there any way to do this under OS X
    10-13-09 12:03 AM
    Is there any way to do this under OS X
    Snow leopard actually?
    10-13-09 12:03 AM
    went through the steps CD \
    CD PROGRAM FILES (x86)
    CD COMMON FILES
    CD RESEARCH IN MOTION
    CD APPLOADER
    LOADER /NOJVM

but when the connection windows opens, the drop down menu is blank. What can I do guys, HELP!
    10-13-09 04:41 AM
    the problem now is i can't even detect the phone.

Got error on my 8100, red light kept blinking
    10-14-09 06:47 AM
    yaponchik - Use this guide BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry.

There's a trick there for you to see the USB-PIN:UNKNOWN
    Read this TIP:

Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

** If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four tries.
    10-14-09 09:51 AM
1,742 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD