Hi all. First time post. Long story short, my wife's BB received some water damage. It was working but the screen was black (send receive calls) I then tried to revive it with the instructions in this post. Well anyway the load failed at the trying to reinitialize and failed with a multistage load. Now its completely dead, now light at all, cept when u put the batt in, it goes red for a while. Before I at least had flashing green.

What can I do or is it completely done?
    All help appreciated.

Thanks
    08-25-09 09:17 PM
    Nice info comes in handy.
    08-25-09 09:36 PM
    i entered all the comman prompts, the application loader wizard popped up, the instruction was to plug my bb to my desktop and the communication port connection didn't pick up. i am not able to select the detect communication port either?? H E L P
    The USB ports are controlled by drivers. Have you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager? The drivers are part of that package.

BlackBerry has produced a troubleshooting USB document.

View Document
    08-26-09 09:53 AM
    Hi all. First time post. Long story short, my wife's BB received some water damage. It was working but the screen was black (send receive calls) I then tried to revive it with the instructions in this post. Well anyway the load failed at the trying to reinitialize and failed with a multistage load. Now its completely dead, now light at all, cept when u put the batt in, it goes red for a while. Before I at least had flashing green.

What can I do or is it completely done?
    All help appreciated.

Thanks
    The failure to reconnect could be an issue with your USB ports. BlackBerry has produced a paper dealing with USB issues.

View Document

Some members have reported success after removing the battery and allowing the USB to power the BlackBerry.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/unab...eration-73368/
    08-26-09 09:55 AM
    my blackberry storm has decided to give up on me, the battery wont charge and all my contacts are saved to phone, is there anyway i can access the phone to retrieve my contacts?
    Have you tried replacing the battery?

Once you have it working again, I would strongly advise using BlackBerry Desktop Manger to make a backup of your device data.

If the failure is not in the battery, is there any indication of life, a flashing LED for example?
    08-26-09 10:01 AM
    Ok I got past the failure point and it loaded all up good. Got the Success message. My screen is still black tho and the light just flashes green. What's next? Is there no hope now?

Thanks again in advance for all replys.
    08-26-09 12:50 PM
    I've been looking everywhere for a way to fix my nuked storm 9530 does this work on the storm?

also where can i get the os that you need to fix a nuked bb storm?
    08-27-09 01:31 AM
    Yes, the Storm is exactly the same as all the other models in this respect.

This page is a master link to your OS software.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/al...-betas-123176/
    08-27-09 08:53 AM
    Ok I got past the failure point and it loaded all up good. Got the Success message. My screen is still black tho and the light just flashes green. What's next? Is there no hope now?

Thanks again in advance for all replys.
    Sorry to hear that, that has isolated the problem to the screen and it's controller electronics. Replacing the hardware is the next step.
    08-27-09 08:55 AM
    The USB ports are controlled by drivers. Have you installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager? The drivers are part of that package.

BlackBerry has produced a troubleshooting USB document.

i have the same exact problem. and i have bb desktop manager installed. do you know where any problems may have occured in the process?
    08-29-09 02:39 PM
    Hey Reed McLay! I got a screen back! The blackberry now loads up good and gets to the setup wizard.....but the keyboard and track ball is non responsive. Whats next?
    08-29-09 06:34 PM
    So I just bricked my Storm for the first time trying to load .191 and this really helped THANK YOU!!!
    08-29-09 11:54 PM
    Hey Reed McLay! I put the BB on the stereo amp overnight. All works fine now! Another BB recovered thanks to you guys here at Crackberry.com!
    08-30-09 12:10 PM
    Ah Reed Mclay you are a genius!! Thank you for this. If it hadn't been for your command information I think I would have been stuck with a bricked Bold and now I am not.
    Thanks again/
    09-01-09 04:15 PM
    hi...
    i wanna ask regarding my javelin 8900...
    can i use this method to recover my "bricked" javelin???
    here is the problem:
    i have been using the phone about 1 month.. and it has been working fine with the phone, until 1 day it won't start. first i thought its battery problem, so change to another one, still it has not been better. when the phone is plug to the charger, it just wont start, screens are black.. all i get is just a few blink of red led. no charging is in progress as well...

will this trick work on my javelin?? i knew i have tried on my bold and it works (problem was a white screen with a message).

i would appreciate the help on this ..
    thanks
    09-03-09 07:42 AM
    If the LED is blinking, the Sun Java VM is still alive. It should work.
    09-03-09 10:25 AM
    If the LED is blinking, the Sun Java VM is still alive. It should work.
    thanks for the fast reply. Do you think i could back up my files on the phone as well??? i could not try it right now, most probably tomorrow i would try to reboot it. until then i would update it again.
    09-03-09 01:47 PM
    No, it's too late for that.

If you follow the instructions and the new OS loads, all the data will be purged.
    09-03-09 05:14 PM
    my pc doesnt even make the lil noise when i connect my phone to it? it works perfect on my other phone, i know its working because when the battery is taken out, the red led will flash..

anyone help me please
    09-03-09 07:28 PM
    No, it's too late for that.

If you follow the instructions and the new OS loads, all the data will be purged.
    hie ..
    i have tried to do exactly what u had instructed in the 1st page...
    the problem, i cant get the computer to detect the phone? on the apploader screen, the option where u can choose ur device/usb is blank.. none to choose from, and the opt besides is unelectable... so what should i do ?
    Last edited by n30nz; 09-04-09 at 06:20 AM.
    09-04-09 04:49 AM
    none of that helped. no matter what i did, i had a dead blackberry with just the red blinking light of death. i even took my 8110 pearl to a friend's house and tried it on TWO of her computers and NOTHING. turns out that it was NOT a problem with me or my computer or my USB ports -- it's a problem with upgrading the 8110 to the 4.5 operating system. the dead blackberry when upgrading to a new operating system is actually quite common (yes, i did a ton of researching!!) and the fix is simple. (it's odd bc upgrading does work on 8110s fine but on other 8110s, upgrading kills the phone.)

thanks to this person:

and this person:
    (BBS WITH POST, have to find it ... searching)

my problem was solved and my pearl is fully operational again.

all that is required to fix the dead blackberry is to (downgrade) and install the previous operating system that worked (in my case, the 4.3). it will take some effort to find the older OS but they are still on the blackberry site. (i saved the 4.3 to my PC now so if i ever have this problem again, i wont need to go hunting for it.) when the installation gets to the part where it "failed to connect during a multi-stage operation", you will think that it will give you the same errors. i actually walked away in disgust. moments later, my son babbled something about it looking different. i told him that he has to be mistaken but much to my surprise, it was progressing!

so, please, anyone who attempted to upgrade their pearl to the 4.5 and it nuked their blackberry, go back to the old operating system. that will work.

(i also suspect that the people who are trying to upgrade their storms and get the "failed to connect during a multi-stage operation" or if they get the red-blinking light of death should downgrade to their previous OS, too.)
    hi.. i have the same problem like this...
    i have not upgrade my javelin to another os version... how could i actualy get it connected to the com.. tried all the way that is suggested, no success.. could u elaborate more...? thanks ..
    09-04-09 06:41 AM
    hi.. i have the same problem like this...
    i have not upgrade my javelin to another os version... how could i actualy get it connected to the com.. tried all the way that is suggested, no success.. could u elaborate more...? thanks ..
    take the battery out and run 4.3
    09-04-09 03:32 PM
    take the battery out and run 4.3
    4.3? u mean the desktop manager 4.3?
    where can i get that??
    09-04-09 03:42 PM
    Your problem is a failure to recognize the USB port connection.

Review the information in these papers, perhaps something will apply to your case.

Troubleshooting USB connections

View Document

BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone

View Document
    09-04-09 04:22 PM
    Your problem is a failure to recognize the USB port connection.

Review the information in these papers, perhaps something will apply to your case.

Troubleshooting USB connections

View Document

BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone

View Document
    I have tried that... but still no success.. when i try to connect with other device (another javelin), the computer detects it normally...
    but when i connect the faulty javelin to mac or pc, it will not detect itself... even after inserting a memory card to the faulty javelin.
    Last edited by n30nz; 09-05-09 at 09:26 AM.
    09-05-09 03:15 AM
1,742 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD