What about with the storm? I can't put 4.2 on it....
    04-03-09 10:47 PM
    Dude you are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!
    I thought my baby was dead, but you saved her!!
    thanks so much dude!!
    04-05-09 07:06 AM
    HI EVERYONE

I found this thread because a subscriber to my Youtube Videos asked me this question. I have the solution and have videos showing you specifically how to do it.

Please visit my youtube site at:
    YouTube - KillerNumberX's Channel

don't worry, youtube is free.
    YouTube is a great medium for education.

Your video:

Demonstrates the technique nicely, but the instruction, do not run the downloaded exe yet, will confuse a lot of your audience. That must be installed and prepared, prior to invoking the command line prompt.

If I may comment, you are begging for subscribers and asking for a 5 star review will cost you a lot of credibility. The production quality does not justify 5 stars, perhaps 3.

Please condsider doing a re-make, get your facts streight, pay attention to lighting and most important, know the commands you are typing.

P.S. THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THE CONSTANT REBOOT CYCLE IS TO REINSTALL THE 4.2.2 OS AND NEVER UPGRADE TO THE 4.5 OS.

Some specific phones have an incompatibility with the 4.5 OS and your only alternative is to sell that one and buy a different one.
    I do not agree with this statement.
    04-05-09 11:23 AM
    Thank you for these instructions! I was almost in tears when my LED was blinking with without any response from the phone....
    04-05-09 03:56 PM
    My BB, Pearl 8100 is dead with a black screen and RED blinking LED.
    So I have tried over and over and still can�t get my phone past the "Wait for device to initialization"
    And get the message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation� when trying to load the OS. Different USB ports other computers nothing.
    I have had this phone for a awhile and got it second from a friend doing Construction. His �work� phone (doesn�t look the best but it worked) And I am now hooked on BB�s.
    I �m just going to get a new phone. My question is how much of my info from the dead phone can recover from the Desk top program? Such as Contac Info, group list, Passwords and such.
    Or is it all lost?

I had to create a new account on here because I could not remember all of my login information ( I�m sad I know)

Thanks for any help
    Buddha
    04-06-09 06:15 PM
    I think its time for a new phone.
    04-06-09 08:05 PM
    My BB, Pearl 8100 is dead with a black screen and RED blinking LED.
    So I have tried over and over and still can�t get my phone past the "Wait for device to initialization"
    And get the message "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation� when trying to load the OS. Different USB ports other computers nothing.
    I have had this phone for a awhile and got it second from a friend doing Construction. His �work� phone (doesn�t look the best but it worked) And I am now hooked on BB�s.
    I �m just going to get a new phone. My question is how much of my info from the dead phone can recover from the Desk top program? Such as Contac Info, group list, Passwords and such.
    Or is it all lost?

I had to create a new account on here because I could not remember all of my login information ( I�m sad I know)

Thanks for any help
    Buddha
    WOW !!!!!
    Not sure what happed but when I went and picked up a BB at the T-mobile store they hooked my dead phone just to see if they could pull any thing off of it. Well noting, so I thought.... I was playing around with it dropped the battery back in WITH OUT the Sim and micro SD card. AND I got a white screen this time with a 507 on it in one of those �no smoking� sign. I thought this is different so I ran the APP. Loader one last time and BAM!!!! I got past the "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation� &"Wait for device to initialization� It did its thing and now it is BACK up and running. Also I just put the old SD card in the new phone and it would reboot every 5- 10 min or so. I�m thinking it was the SD card that was doing this. Any other thoughts??????
    04-07-09 01:33 AM
    Congratulations of getting it back. I have heard reports of media card errors being responsible for unusual behaviour, chalk up another one.
    04-07-09 10:05 AM
    my bold just died, not turning on or anything. it wouldn't back up the last couple of times. is this the best way to recover the previous information save it and then restore it on a new bold?
    04-07-09 08:22 PM
    Was trying to upgrade my software yesterday under Windows 7 Ultimate (not realizing this was a problem) and it froze during the process.

Storm is now flashing a Red LED twice and will not boot or show any activity on the screen.

Tried reinstalling under Windows XP (using the outline on the first page) but the loader says "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer contact your servic provider."

Please advise.
    Last edited by ColbyS; 04-08-09 at 03:23 PM.
    04-08-09 03:20 PM
    --------------
    UPDATE:
    i clicked next after select USB PIN UNKNOWN
    and then it goes to the screen that says "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer contact your servic provider.
    ---------------------
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!
    MY BB IS SAVED..
    u guys are effin life savers!!!
    How did you fix it?
    04-08-09 03:25 PM
    If the phone is a Verizon BB send it into a corporate store to have a technician replace it for you. (One year manufacturers warranties rock!) Make sure that you can find someway to get the information out of the blackberry because if it doesn't turn on they may not be able to get the information off of it.
    04-08-09 03:35 PM
    It is Verizon.

I don't want to give it to them because I have password stuff on there. There has to be a way to fix it myself.
    04-08-09 03:40 PM
    my bold just died, not turning on or anything. it wouldn't back up the last couple of times. is this the best way to recover the previous information save it and then restore it on a new bold?
    No, this technique will result in all of your data and setting erased and the BlackBerry in "out of the box" condition.

I would start troubleshooting with the battery. Examine the 4 Gold contacts for contanination. Use a pink rubber eraser to clean them and the 4 contact pins in the device.

Connect it to the charger and leave it an hour. If there it is taking a charge, that will be enough to confirm it. Next, replace the battery.

If it still does not work, you have can try this technique and accept the loss of your data.

04-08-09 04:28 PM
    problem = white screen, but can receive calls and send calls.

tried to clear bb and reinstall os using method here to no avail, battery pulls, new lcd, what now?
    04-09-09 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the tips
    04-09-09 01:19 PM
    When I get to the Application Loader this way (through the command line interface, Windows XP 32 bit) the first couple of steps work (erasing files, then loading applications) until at the end of the progress line of the second step, then I get a "Unable to complete the loading operation" and fatal error message A:0x0000000E.

Any ideas what it means when the reload fails at this point? That's when the double red LED blinking starts again.

I've done everything else that has been suggested. I'll try any voodoo you can come up with. Thanks!!
    04-15-09 02:06 AM
    i am having a strange problem with my storm. It was perfect till yesterday night. but my battary went out of charge so it shut down automatically. then when i got back home i tried to recharge it and open it again. but it's not working. only the red light at the top right corner is on for few minutes then it turns off too. it seems like it's not charging coz usually during charging it flashes. i donno wat to do.please somebody tell me if you have any idea?do you think it's my battary problem?but i just bought it few weeks back it's a brand new storm.

thank you
    04-15-09 09:10 AM
    i am having a strange problem with my storm. It was perfect till yesterday night. but my battary went out of charge so it shut down automatically. then when i got back home i tried to recharge it and open it again. but it's not working. only the red light at the top right corner is on for few minutes then it turns off too. it seems like it's not charging coz usually during charging it flashes. i donno wat to do.please somebody tell me if you have any idea?do you think it's my battary problem?but i just bought it few weeks back it's a brand new storm.

thank you
    I had a similar problem that was corrected by re-seating the battery.

Pull the battery, examine the 4 Gold contacts, use a pink rubber eraser to clean off any contamination. Check the 4 contact springs too, they should all be in an even line.

Ideally, the battery will take a charge. It may take a couple hours to recharge.

If that does not work, I suspect you have a warranty claim for a replacement battery.
    04-15-09 11:38 AM
    When I get to the Application Loader this way (through the command line interface, Windows XP 32 bit) the first couple of steps work (erasing files, then loading applications) until at the end of the progress line of the second step, then I get a "Unable to complete the loading operation" and fatal error message A:0x0000000E.

Any ideas what it means when the reload fails at this point? That's when the double red LED blinking starts again.

I've done everything else that has been suggested. I'll try any voodoo you can come up with. Thanks!!
    So close....

The error message is coming from Applications loader. The most likey cause is a missing or corrupted file in the OS build.

Are you using your original carriers OS build? If not, download and install that first. If it works correctly, you can use alternate carriers builds with confidance, knowing you can roll back to a known good build at any time.
    04-15-09 11:42 AM
    my storm took a dive. blank white screen with app error 200 - reset. downloading the DM from verizon at the moment. any suggestions after I install it?
    04-15-09 11:34 PM
    I am using my original carrier's build (Verizon). It's not the OS that came on the device (4.2.2.176) since that one doesn't seem to be around any more. It's 4.2.2.196 from the Verizon site.

I just tried (and got the same error message--a fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software) again from a work computer thinking maybe something was wrong at home. I got to the apps loader via C drive/program files/common files/Research in Motion, etc. I was going to get there via the command line route thinking the "nojvm" business might help but somehow I have an M prompt instead of a C prompt in the black screen and I don't know how to get a C prompt.

Your comment to me about being "so close" is heartening but I don't feel close--I've been getting practically nowhere for days now. How can I fix a missing or corrupted file in the apps loader? I downloaded the DM I just used from Blackberry onto my work computer (I was trying at home before). My laptop at home is also a work device; I wonder if that's the problem. Our desktops at home are Macs. Maybe I should go to Kinko's and try from a public computer.

Thanks for the encouragement. This has to work eventually (doesn't it??).
    04-16-09 01:23 AM
    Yes Sue, it has to work and soon now.

Our desktops at home are Macs. Maybe I should go to Kinko's and try from a public computer. ...
    I suspect we have isolated the problem. Research in Motion has committed to full Macintosh support, some day. Unfortunatly, that day has not arrived.

You can install Desktop Manager for things like Backup and Sync, but it is not able to preform the OS update.

If possible, download the install package for both Desktop Manager and your OS version. Save them to a portable USB drive. Take the thumb drive with you to use on a rental Windows computer.

That should reduce your recovery time to less then an hour.

You mention you are using the original v4.2xx OS. I would strongly advise upgrading to v4.5xx, directly from Verizon or from an alternate carrier. The internal improvements make it a much better choice.

PS. The DOS prompt indicates which disk volume is active. To change from one drive to another, type C: (enter).
    04-16-09 10:23 AM
    my storm took a dive. blank white screen with app error 200 - reset. downloading the DM from verizon at the moment. any suggestions after I install it?
    You likley have completed the steps in the initial post by now, there is little to suggest over what has been posted.
    04-16-09 10:29 AM
    Yes Sue, it has to work and soon now.

I suspect we have isolated the problem. Research in Motion has committed to full Macintosh support, some day. Unfortunatly, that day has not arrived.

You can install Desktop Manager for things like Backup and Sync, but it is not able to preform the OS update.

If possible, download the install package for both Desktop Manager and your OS version. Save them to a portable USB drive. Take the thumb drive with you to use on a rental Windows computer.

That should reduce your recovery time to less then an hour.

You mention you are using the original v4.2xx OS. I would strongly advise upgrading to v4.5xx, directly from Verizon or from an alternate carrier. The internal improvements make it a much better choice.

PS. The DOS prompt indicates which disk volume is active. To change from one drive to another, type C: (enter).
    I'm sorry--I'm not being clear. I am using a PC laptop running WindowsXP to revive my Blackberry. When I said all our computers at home are Macs what I was getting at is that PCs are a little foreign to me, but I AM using a PC for all the Blackberry stuff. The PC is issued to me from work, however, which makes me wonder if the machine has a firewall of some sort that is preventing me from succeeding. Seems unlikely, though.

Anyway, I just tried again from the command line NOJVM etc and it failed in the same place (in the appsloader, after erasing, and then in the middle of loading program files) but with a different message "device communications error encountered." The code given is the same A:0x0000000E.
    04-16-09 10:49 AM
1,742 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD