my 8100 will not boot up for this process, and the process aborts. it powers up for a few seconds then shuts off. it gave me a battery error once, then nothing. i replaced the battery, and it still does the same thing. any sugestions?
    01-23-09 12:34 AM
    After trying everything I could possibly think of to get this to work, I was ready to flush my curve down the toilet. It would get to the "Updating Your Device" window in App Loader and the arrow would be next to "Loading JVM and System Software" but nothing happened. I figured out the problem was with Windows 7 on my desktop. As of right now it's the only machine in my house running Windows. The last thing I could think of was that RIM and Windows 7 just weren't compatible. I loaded a virtual machine on my MacBook of Windows Vista and everything looks to be working so far! Thanks for the tutorial *crosses fingers*
    01-23-09 05:40 AM
    Hey Guys

Ok So i got my BB Bold nuked I accidentally pull out usb cable when updating. Now the screen is black but the led is flashing red twice. I have tried to apploader but the problem is it gets to the moment when it loads the jvm and system software and then it stops. Progres bar is grey and nothing is happening. And one more thing i can't use JL-cmder couse i'm on a 64bit os (windows 7) and if that helps i can install XP or vista 32 bit i that can help.

So anyone knows what i can do now?

Thank you
    01-23-09 06:52 AM
    My storm continuously cycles (powers on and off).. Led solid red, then i get the clock with spinning hands, then white screen (quick flash of some error number 507 I believe), then the process starts all over again....

I went thru the steps to recover, and when app loader tries to reconnect, I get the error below, "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Could the cycling be causing this error? What can I do to correct???

[QUOTE=patrickinlaw;544890]Hi there, thank you for the very detailed walkthrough. I've followed your instructions (and those on the 101 class), but am running into the "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation" error. Basically, the loader wipes the system, installs the OS, and then the BB can't get a good reboot. I've tried this with the battery in and out, and even tried the "inserting the battery during the installation" trick, but still have nothing. Help!
    01-23-09 11:44 AM
    So after i press the last command... the box popped up and atfirst it showed my pin then said pin unknown then said com 3 or whatever the other thing is... then it goes to the next page and says that blackberry has nothing to ................... etc etc.... and i dont want to add apps or delete anything, i just want my blackberry to simply turn on like normal... any way you could tell me what im doing wrong?
    I have an 8130 pearl. I am usually good with this kind of stuff but im just lost! and depressed i haven't had a phone in 3 days and no one can get a hold of me

You are here because your Pearl is not starting up correctly.

The symptoms you describe are hopefull, it means the device it working enough to register the connection.

The technique requires carefull timing, you need to click on the button during the brief time your PIN number shows up. Get it right and it will contine to restore you Pearl to out of the box conditon.

Good luck, I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you.
    01-23-09 02:50 PM
    ...i'm on a 64bit os (windows 7) and if that helps i can install XP or vista 32 bit i that can help.

So anyone knows what i can do now?

Thank you
    BINGO! Widows 7 Beta is incompatable with BlackBerry.

Good think you have real Windows on hand.
    01-23-09 02:52 PM
    My storm continuously cycles (powers on and off).. Led solid red, then i get the clock with spinning hands, then white screen (quick flash of some error number 507 I believe), then the process starts all over again....

I went thru the steps to recover, and when app loader tries to reconnect, I get the error below, "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Could the cycling be causing this error? What can I do to correct???
    That message usually means a problem with the USB connection.

Try these troubleshooting steps, if this does not help, try a different computer.

View Document
    01-23-09 02:55 PM
    What are the steps when it stops asking for a password? I key it in but it just sits there. The BB locks on an white screen with app error. Any hope?
    01-23-09 03:22 PM
    What are the steps when it stops asking for a password? I key it in but it just sits there. The BB locks on an white screen with app error. Any hope?
    The password in critical to BlackBerry security.

If you did not enter a password, leave the field blank and press the button. If you do not know the password, you can not proceed with the rebuild.

There is no way to distinguish between a forgotten password and unauthorized access.
    01-23-09 03:54 PM
    It finally took my password but it stops waiting for device to init. The device is a white screen with an error saying to re-load.
    01-23-09 03:58 PM
    Thank you for replying i appreciate it. sorry for the questions but i just want to make sure i do this right because i have not had a phone in a week are you saying to press the "detect something port" box? or press next really fast? because i pressed next and as i said it will show my pin.. then com 3 then as soon as its starting to go to the next window "pin unknown" pops up then i can't do anything =[ lol this sucks! i just got it!
    01-23-09 04:44 PM
    BINGO! Widows 7 Beta is incompatable with BlackBerry.

Good think you have real Windows on hand.
    Ok so i'm going to install vista 32 bit now Hope it helps
    01-23-09 07:45 PM
    my blackberry storm wont turn on at all. the only sign of life it has is the red light blinking in the top right corner. verizon is sending me a new one tomorrow but the only problem is that I have never backed up my contacts or anything on to my computer or SIM card. Is there any way I can transfer my contacts from the dead blackberry to my new blackberry? any way of doing this? i appreciate any comments. thanks!
    01-23-09 08:28 PM
    Thank you for replying i appreciate it. sorry for the questions but i just want to make sure i do this right because i have not had a phone in a week are you saying to press the "detect something port" box? or press next really fast? because i pressed next and as i said it will show my pin.. then com 3 then as soon as its starting to go to the next window "pin unknown" pops up then i can't do anything =[ lol this sucks! i just got it!
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Step #2: We need to connect the BlackBerry to the Computer via USB cable. But here's where the tricky part comes in with the Nuked BlackBerry. Do you see in the image above where it says COM1? What we want to do is plug in the BlackBerry, and when COM1 switches to say USB-PIN:UNKNOWN we immediately click Next. This catches the BlackBerry and takes it out of the constant reboot cycle and allows you to then reload the Operating System.

Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

** If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four tries.

01-24-09 10:29 AM
    It finally took my password but it stops waiting for device to init. The device is a white screen with an error saying to re-load.
    I can only be of limited help, I have never had to deal with the situation you describe.

If the password is accepted, I would assume AppLoader would carry on with the OS install. I have never tested it in that situation.
    01-24-09 10:33 AM
    my blackberry storm wont turn on at all. the only sign of life it has is the red light blinking in the top right corner. verizon is sending me a new one tomorrow but the only problem is that I have never backed up my contacts or anything on to my computer or SIM card. Is there any way I can transfer my contacts from the dead blackberry to my new blackberry? any way of doing this? i appreciate any comments. thanks!

I don't know of any way to recover data in that situation.

You device has to be working in order to do a backup and save the data. If you were to successfully follow the directions in this post, all of your data will be overwritten in the process.

The only way to preserve the data is to repair the problem on the original device in order to do a backup. That will require connecting to the device with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and using Backup.
    01-24-09 10:38 AM
    thanks this was really helpful but as i am updating the device, it only makes it to "load jvm and system software". once its done with that, i wait for it to "wait for device initialization" and an error occurs. i've done it several times now.

this all started because i was trying to install os 4.5 onto my sister's pearl.

please help!!!
    01-24-09 11:59 AM
    Hey when im in Command it says ACCES DENIED :S
    01-24-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks for your help. I think why nothing is there is because i could never back up anything because my BB was already having an error. so after i hit next when it says PIN unknown in grey font it says "The BlackBerry desktop Software does not have BB device Software for the deivce that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator.

What if they can't do anything? man this sucks
    01-24-09 01:07 PM
    has anyone tried to use mfi multiloader to fix their phone?
    01-24-09 01:42 PM
    isregard my last response its finally working! thank you!!!!!!!
    01-24-09 02:23 PM
    everything was successful but now the hour glass of death has been on the screen for like 5 or 6 min. is that normal or should i take out the batter? or keep it plugged into the computer or not? lol
    01-24-09 02:42 PM
    That message usually means a problem with the USB connection.

Try these troubleshooting steps, if this does not help, try a different computer.

View Document

After trying 3 different computers in the house, the problem wasn't with my USB connection, the issue was with the .90 OS that I was trying to load. For whatever reason, I cannot upgrade to that OS. Bummer, but at least I have my Storm back running on .85. Thanks for all your suggestions..!!!

01-25-09 11:52 AM
    I tried this procedure several times on my 8830, every time the application loader wizard would pop up and try to load it that way, but there was no reconized os in the loader
    01-25-09 06:28 PM
    Hi all.

Updated on my husbands 8320 that I "killed"... I sent it into the store where he got it from to be repaired.

Whatever I did to it, they couldn't repair it so they are sending a new one thank goodness as he is getting serious withdrawl and is evil with me as I play with mine, albeit rather guiltily!! Serious thumb twiddling on his hands!!

Thank the Lord for waranties!!!!
    01-28-09 08:34 AM
1,742 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD