Welcome to CrackBerry.

That sounds much like the universal NOT symbol, a red circle with a diagonal stripe.

That is your devices way of telling you it is time to replace the battery.

Hey Reed!!
    Thanks for your reply!!

The symbol is a battery with a Z on it...

It looks like this:

Last edited by afdhalatifftan; 11-19-08 at 07:36 AM.
    11-19-08 07:31 AM
    Ahh.... a lightning bolt.

I can't find documentation for the display, but it is safe to assume that is a battery charging indicator.

Does it change after a few hours?
    11-19-08 10:43 AM
    Hello!

I have an 8100 and it has ceased functioning, and i have looked through all the posts on this thread to see if anyone else had this issue but alas, no dice. Here is my belated dilemma .

I woke up to find my pearl off which is unusual so I hit my power and it fired up and it acted as if the battery had been pulled (white screen hourglass) and it came up finally, did its security test and was at the home screen however none of my buttons worked except for being able to scroll on the ball. And after about 10 seconds the screen went off and the red LED popped on and it reset. Which I found to also loop reset. Also it had no battery power left. So I let it charge for an hour and tried again to the same results. I also have tried multiple battery pulls and a fresh battery.

At this point I got Jl Cmder, wiped and reinstalled. Now the scroll doesn't work and still loop resets. Here are some pictures for your view pleasure. haha

Sorry for taking up so much space with the pics but i feel they help explain better Any help would be fantastic!
    11-19-08 08:58 PM
    Ahh.... a lightning bolt.

I can't find documentation for the display, but it is safe to assume that is a battery charging indicator.

Does it change after a few hours?

Hi all!!
    Hey Reed, thanks again!!
    I don't mean to load my problem on you... You're just too kind to me... Thanks!!

This is what I did:
    -Charged for few weeks > No positive result...
    -Dry my BB with hair dryer for few hours > Still the same...
    -Hard reset the BB > No result...
    -Upgrade the firmware . Same...
    -Changed bunch of charger, including cables > Disappointing...

ps: I did this before the problem come...

pss:
    I don't mind if you ignore this, you tried your best...
    You're too kind to me... I appreciate it...

Thanks man!!
    11-20-08 12:36 PM
    Hello!

I have an 8100 and it has ceased functioning, and i have looked through all the posts on this thread to see if anyone else had this issue but alas, no dice. Here is my belated dilemma .

I woke up to find my pearl off which is unusual so I hit my power and it fired up and it acted as if the battery had been pulled (white screen hourglass) and it came up finally, did its security test and was at the home screen however none of my buttons worked except for being able to scroll on the ball. And after about 10 seconds the screen went off and the red LED popped on and it reset. Which I found to also loop reset. Also it had no battery power left. So I let it charge for an hour and tried again to the same results. I also have tried multiple battery pulls and a fresh battery.

At this point I got Jl Cmder, wiped and reinstalled. Now the scroll doesn't work and still loop resets. Here are some pictures for your view pleasure. haha

Sorry for taking up so much space with the pics but i feel they help explain better Any help would be fantastic!
    Everything looks normal, except for the blank screen after the restart.

You have ruled out a software problem with a fresh install, that unfortunatly leaves you with a hardware issue.

I suspect your battery is failing. It appears to have just enough power to do the startup, but not enough to continue operation. If possible, borrow a known good battery for testing. If that is not practical, you can buy a replacement from your carrier or a third party source.
    11-20-08 01:04 PM
    Hi all!!
    Hey Reed, thanks again!!
    I don't mean to load my problem on you... You're just too kind to me... Thanks!!

This is what I did:
    -Charged for few weeks > No positive result...
    -Dry my BB with hair dryer for few hours > Still the same...
    -Hard reset the BB > No result...
    -Upgrade the firmware . Same...
    -Changed bunch of charger, including cables > Disappointing...

ps: I did this before the problem come...

pss:
    I don't mind if you ignore this, you tried your best...
    You're too kind to me... I appreciate it...

Thanks man!!
    I suspect you are also dealing with a battery issue.

Try it with a known good battery. Your carrier can probably help you and sell you a replacement.
    11-20-08 01:06 PM
    Reed you're truly doing the lords work here haha

I have tried a new battery to no avail

I'm tapped out of ideas, and unless you have another up your sleeve I will have to burlap sack this one and commit it to the briney deeps.
    11-20-08 05:43 PM
    I have tried the directions on my BB. Now The only issue I am having is that it will not detect the OS so that I can install it back on my phone. I am getting the 507 error white screen. I have uninstalled everything, and installed the first DM version. Still no luck. So how can I get the DM to find the OS I installed?
    11-23-08 02:05 PM
    ^^ 1) Check to see that you deleted the vendor.xml file per the directions.

2) Instead of running DM, from the same folder that the vendor.xml
    file is located, double click the file "Loader.exe" and see if that helps.

3) If all else fails try reinstalling the OS on your PC and start over.
    Good Luck.
    11-23-08 04:10 PM
    Yes I have deleted the vendor.xml file.

Yes I have tried Loader.exe

I have tried reinstalling the OS multiple times now. The BB has been disconnected from the PC everytime.

The DM will not pick up the OS as being installed on my PC and allow me to install it.

Any other ideas? Anyone?
    Last edited by xhris; 11-23-08 at 04:35 PM.
    11-23-08 04:32 PM
    There are two reason why BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not find the new installed OS.

1. A device OS mismatch. The OS must be correct for your device.

2. The vendor.xml file is still present.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs / Uninstall to verify you have both BlackBerry Desktop Software and the correct model device OS installed.

It is amost always Vendor.xml. That file is recreated each time you run the device software install.

One comment you made may suggest you have corrupt USB drivers. The drivers are installed or updated each time you run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager install.
    11-23-08 05:53 PM
    I checked the control panel under programs. It list the OS as for the 8310 smartphone and is OS 4.5.

I also went under common files under apploader and deleted out the vendor.xml file. Still no luck.

As far as the USB drivers. I uninstalled everything and rebooted and then reinstalled everything and still no luck with the DM showing the OS I want to install.

Could I just be unlucky?
    11-23-08 06:04 PM
    You have covered everything I can thing of by ruling out the software issues.

When you open BlackBerry Desktop Manager, does your device PIN number show up?

Does the battery charge correctly with a plug in charger?

If not, it could be a USB port hardware issue. The USB port in the device may have a bad logic board connection. That can be repaired by a specialty shop.
    11-23-08 06:31 PM
    Yes the device PIN shows up. It even still ask me for the password I set on it when the old OS was still on it.

Yes the battery charges fine. Even when plugged into the USB port.

I am going nuts trying to figure this out. LOL

Oh hey and thanks for the help so far.
    Last edited by xhris; 11-23-08 at 07:55 PM.
    11-23-08 06:34 PM
    That is good news, it is not a hardware issue.

Lets try a slightly different approach. Download and install the free utility program CrackMem. Use CrackMem to verify the presence of your device software and to insure the pesky Vendor.xml file has been dealt with.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    11-23-08 07:04 PM
    OK I got my old OS back on. Now I can not get DM 4.6 to detect the OS 4.5. I have deleted the vendor.xml file also.
    11-23-08 07:42 PM
    my bb 8100 drowned but i got it to start again and i did the whole process as mentioned above... now i have a 2nd problem, now i dont have service, the sim card is fine because i tried it on my brothers bb 8120 and i have bb service and everything but the signal wont pick up from my bb... it just has an "x" and the words "no service" ... what can i do???
    11-23-08 11:53 PM
    OK
    #1. for those of you getting the ERROR 507, are you getting this in the middle of the install? IF so then do nothing because the computer will find the device and that screen will go away (DO NOT disconnect the device from the usb while this screen is showing because it WILL brick then)
    For the rest of you,
    IF you start the upgrade with the battery OUT of the device then when it says it is trying to reconnect with the device pop the battery back in it should connect and finish the install.
    11-24-08 09:36 AM
    Mine just isn't finding the OS on my PC to install it. I followed the instructions to a T but yet it will not recognize the new OS being installed. It says it is for my phone model also.
    11-24-08 10:10 PM
    This thread is a life saver!

Thanks!!!
    11-25-08 01:51 AM
    Mine just isn't finding the OS on my PC to install it. I followed the instructions to a T but yet it will not recognize the new OS being installed. It says it is for my phone model also.
    I have tried the directions on my BB. Now The only issue I am having is that it will not detect the OS so that I can install it back on my phone. I am getting the 507 error white screen. I have uninstalled everything, and installed the first DM version. Still no luck. So how can I get the DM to find the OS I installed?
    I have the same problem as you!!!

Did you get your OS from your carrier?

It's now 2:11am where I am and only now I had figured out my own error. I was trying to downgrade back to a 4.2 and got my OS off of the rim website. All day i've been panicing and going blind looking through these forums for a solution to my problem b/c the dm and app loader just wouldnt pick up or if it did it would say no updates avail for your device...we'll i downloaded the 4.5 from my carrier, installed it, and it works! I'm still loading it to my phone as we speak.

Although I'm trying to get to 4.2 so i can just install that version of brickbreaker b/c the 4.5 keeps freezing my phone anytime during a game...

But hopefully this is somewhat helpful to you.
    11-28-08 06:21 AM
    No my carrier does not offer 4.5 yet. So I have been trying the one offered in the link on this forum and the one from blackberry website for the curve. Neither of them will get noticed by the DM app. I can not figure out why for the life of me.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help so far and I look forward to anymore ideas.
    11-28-08 05:59 PM
    Hey all!
    I need help fixing my sister's AT&T blackberry curve 8310. The only activity it shows is red light blinking. It seems to show signs of life so i have tried the 3 methods by doing the steps right and i have made sure of it.

method1: i tried using the appLoader after deleting the vendor.xml file. The process "erasing applications" take 2-3hrs and once "Load JVM and System software" starts, it just stays at 0%

method2: I also have tried using jl_cmder but it was no use because when i click on 2:"event log" i always get the error saying

debug: COM error during
    open: <0x80040001>
    error:unable to open port

Method3: Lastly, i have used the command prompt but it is the same results as method1. "erasing applications" takes 2-3hrs and cant seem to get passed the loading of software.

Note: i make sure i delete vendor.xml everytime i load the at&t 8310curve OS 4.2
    I also make sure that the desktop manager is closed.
    I've had no problems before when using my curve 8320 on this laptop PC.
    Also note that i have tried all 3 methods on a desktop PC using 2 different cables.

Nothing seems to work. Please help!! I am open for any suggestions because i seem to have lost hope after countless tries.

Thanks all for your time!!
    Last edited by jvilla321; 12-02-08 at 12:09 AM.
    11-30-08 03:29 PM
    I have a BB Bold and I am stuck in a CONSTANT reboot. I was able to wipe the device clean. But I cannot load the OS on it because when It begins to load the OS, the BB restarts!!! I have tried eveything I have read on here (Crackmem ect) Please help!
    11-30-08 08:39 PM
    My daughter has killed 2 Pearls in the last 2 weeks. She is using the holster and they both did exactly the same thing. Both just went completely dead, no lights flashing, nothing. We have replaced the battery on both.

Could it be an issue with the holster and static electricity? I don't see how she could've killed 2 of them like this. No water damage, no dropping, I don't get it.
    12-02-08 12:02 AM
1,742 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD