I tried downloading it from the device since it got deleted?!?!
    I got an error message saying i didnt have the proper equipment
    to download blackberry messenger
    I had it restored on my desktop from my curve and
    the backup to the storm erased it somehow
    01-06-09 01:03 PM
    Most likely you navigated to the following page to download bbm:

na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/im/blackberry_messenger.jsp

If you did, this will not work on the storm, as i believe this is for previous models. If you note the version it states version 1.0.04 which was released in 1995. The version currently found on the storm is 4.7.0

My first advice would be to check your applications list on the device and check to see if its still installed. You can also connect it to desktop manager, if it says it is installed, I would try a battery pull. It should show up, as I had the same problem myself.

Maybe someone else might want to chime in as far as where to download the bbm version for the storm (I have been unable to find it).
    01-06-09 11:12 PM
    Assuming you have both Desktop Manager and your OS installed
    on your PC, just open DM, connect your phone, click Application
    Loader and under Add/Remove click Start.

Put a check in the box for BlackBerry Messenger and continue
    through to finish the installation.
    01-06-09 11:25 PM
    I installed DM plugged my Storm in and followed the instructions and BBMessenger did not show up. I even plugged my dad's Storm which has BBMessenger and it still didn't show up. I am totally lost!!!!!
    06-17-09 10:14 AM
    I installed DM plugged my Storm in and followed the instructions and BBMessenger did not show up. I even plugged my dad's Storm which has BBMessenger and it still didn't show up. I am totally lost!!!!!
    Once DM is installed, you also need to install the OS for the device. (Get that from the carrier downloads page on RIM's site). Once that's done, you can do an advanced app load and you'll see a place you can check items to install or uninstall from the basic build of the OS. Read through the help forums on how to load an OS, the overall concept is the same, except you won't be wiping or reloading the entire OS, just the missing bundled app.
    06-17-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD