I read that you can add SMS convos in BBM 5.0, but I can't add contacts as it says to on blackberry.com. Not quite sure what to do. Any tips?
    10-10-09 09:37 PM
    You need to have OS 5.0 installed on your device for the enhanced SMS feature to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 09:53 PM
    I'm still not certain how that works. I have os 5.0 and bbm 5. I got a text and it was just included in my conversation list rather than threaded into the actual bbm chat. I'm not sure if that's how it works and if there's something wrong though.
    10-10-09 09:58 PM
    I believe only contacts that are linked to BBM show up in BBM when they SMS you. Other users should still be threaded SMS, just not in BBM
    10-10-09 10:34 PM
    I think that you have to actually start an SMS convo within the BBM app. I'm not running OS 5.0 so I can't use it, but I believe that's what I read.

10-10-09 11:49 PM
    I think that you have to actually start an SMS convo within the BBM app. I'm not running OS 5.0 so I can't use it, but I believe that's what I read.

As far as I can see you're correct. And it has to be a BB Messenger contact with a mobile# on record.

10-11-09 03:36 AM
    you have to have the bbm contact in your regular contacts. then highlight him/her under your bbm contacts then press options then click on "link to blackberry contact" then select the person under your regular contact list
    10-11-09 03:58 AM
    Ok so here is the Q?

I have joes on bbm good great ill talk to him on bbm so no prob cuz that easy and no need tpo txt him anyways cuz he on BBM.

Ok so timmy is on a palm pre and his # is 920 867 5301. Can I just some add him in to the bbm bunch or group? That be coo

So if it is harder some should come up with a program where you click the name or pic and you are in txT mode my friend. Is this maybe gonna be reality someday?

10-11-09 04:30 AM
    In bbm where it says "Invite a contact" it gives u an option to add by SMS..type in the person name..you will then see the person in your list with a mobile phone in front of their name. That tells the difference between a bbm convo or a text convo.

10-11-09 07:41 AM
    I would like to know how to get threaded text OUT of the BBM. I dont want it in the thread or in a separate thread in BBM. I cant make it go away and its very annoying.
    10-13-09 08:03 PM
    I would like to know how to get threaded text OUT of the BBM. I dont want it in the thread or in a separate thread in BBM. I cant make it go away and its very annoying.
    make sure you don't have the contact added as an SMS contact in BBM, then try clicking on the bbm contact in your bbm contact list that you would like to seperate from SMS, and hit your menu button>"remove contacts link", make sure you're in the contact list, and not chat list. let's see if that removes the seperation
    10-13-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD