I have a bunch of items that were in the Memo Pad on my (soon to be retired) Palm Pilot. Random stuff like the printer cartridges that my various printers take, the extension phone listing of one of my clients, random stuff like that. I'd like to move them over to the BB without retyping them, but there doesn't seem to be a way. I tried moving them into the "Documents" section on the device memory, but Memo Pad doesn't seem to be able to find them. I tried word to go, but it doesn't find them either.

Am I missing something obvious? There has t o e a way to do this!
    07-14-09 11:19 AM
    What is the file extension for the memo pad file that you're trying to move?
    07-14-09 11:23 AM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager has a tool called Switch Device Wizard. It will transfer all of your data from the Palm to your BlackBerry.

I gather you have the text documents saved to the media card. Use Media / Explore to open and copy the content to the clipboard. Switch to memo pad and paste. The top line becomes the subject.

07-14-09 11:24 AM
    What is the file extension for the memo pad file that you're trying to move?
    I originally used .txt then changed one to a .doc just to see what would happen
    07-14-09 11:55 AM
    I'm not sure if you can open other files using MemoPad... I tried using my Bold, but couldn't find the option. If you have the Documents-To-Go program, you should be able to open both .txt and .doc files.
    07-14-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD