When I try to add contacts it goes goes to my address book. How do i add Pin IDs
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-16-07 05:42 AM
    You either need to have the person's PIN number already in your address book, or if you scroll to the top of the address book you will see it say [Use Once], and you can select that and manually enter in the PIN.
    02-16-07 09:01 AM
    You either need to have the person's PIN number already in your address book, or if you scroll to the top of the address book you will see it say [Use Once], and you can select that and manually enter in the PIN.
    Yeah I got an answer on another forum since there are like what 20 of us here as of now. but thank you for replying
    02-16-07 09:07 AM
    No problem.
    02-16-07 09:13 AM
    What if someone has requested to add you to their contact list and you do not have their PIN# already in your address book? Can I still receive the request?

How do I find my PIN #?
    04-24-07 12:39 PM
    Depending on which BB you have -

1) If its a QWERTY then type ALT + CAPS + H = Help Me Screen
    2) Go to Options --> Status --> PIN will be there
    3) Compose a Message and then type mypin:

that should do it !

Hope that helps
    04-24-07 02:06 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but my OS no longer offers the "use once" feature. Am I resigned to having my PIN contacts in my address book?
    09-02-07 10:18 AM
    When you go to add contact (in pin messenger), and you scroll to the TOP, don't you see 'use once'?
    09-02-07 01:01 PM
    Hi Nav!!

Nope, no use once.

I am devastated. *giggle*
    09-02-07 01:09 PM
    Hmm, might have to do with the OS version, or something. Try a battery pull (yes, strange, I know).

If not, just add a contact, and add the pin number for said contact, then add them. In fact, better still have them add you, and you accept...

Wait, another thought. The 8700 does not come preloaded with Pin Messenger, does it? Well, I'd try a uninstall, and reinstall...
    09-02-07 01:20 PM
    Thanks Nav, that worked! (uninstall/install)
    09-02-07 09:05 PM
    Since I have seen this question asked several times, I am bumping it to a FAQ thread.
    09-02-07 09:54 PM
    i have tried to add one of my friends to my messenger list multiple times, but his name stays under the pending list

i got him to try to add me as well (while he is pending on my bb) and his bb is doing the same thing, yes we have each others pins right so what gives??

if it helps he has a pearl 8100 on tmobile and i have a curve 8310 on att

please help!!
    01-30-08 10:34 AM
    I have had problems adding or requesting others from my Verizon BB, but when an at&t or other provider sends me one. no problems..... Hmmmmm
    01-30-08 10:38 AM
    i have tried to add one of my friends to my messenger list multiple times, but his name stays under the pending list

i got him to try to add me as well (while he is pending on my bb) and his bb is doing the same thing, yes we have each others pins right so what gives??

please help!!
    Can you briefly describe the steps you used? I can help you troubleshoot if you want. I have added several people to my contact list, and I also have an AT&T curve.
    01-30-08 10:39 AM
    same here, my friend is on sprint he has a pearl
    im on att and have a curve.

just says pending, and thats for the both of us
    02-26-08 12:59 PM
    nm i have to have the blackberry service activated which i dont yet.
    02-26-08 01:30 PM
    Can you briefly describe the steps you used? I can help you troubleshoot if you want. I have added several people to my contact list, and I also have an AT&T curve.

all my friends and I are having the same problem. we all requested each other and we all have different services, but it just stays pending.
    03-25-08 02:37 PM

please help!!

Me and at least four other girls i know are having the same problem.
    03-25-08 02:38 PM
    I have been trying to add my friend the with AT&T and I have VZW. Same thing is happening to me too! She tried to add me too! We don't know what is going on? HELP?
    03-27-08 12:30 AM
    when adding the contact, it says email: no option for PIN so i enter the PIN where it says email...is this right ?
    05-15-08 08:45 AM
    when adding the contact, it says email: no option for PIN so i enter the PIN where it says email...is this right ?
    After selecting add contact, scroll to Use Once, Highlight it, and hit menu, then select Request by PIN.
    05-15-08 08:52 AM
    does it matter whether you add a contact by PIN or email? if you have both the persons email and their PIN is their an advantage to adding them on your BB messenger via one or the other when you click on add contacts or are they both the same end result and you can do the same things once u have them added on bb messenger either way? just confused as to why youd want to add someone via PIN over adding them via an email address or vice versa? thanks
    05-16-08 06:46 AM
    I want to add somebody to my Messenger List by PIN but when I go to add contace and use once it only gives me the choice of adding by email. How do I get to where I have the choice to add by PIN?
    Thanks!
    05-30-08 12:10 PM
    does it matter whether you add a contact by PIN or email? if you have both the persons email and their PIN is their an advantage to adding them on your BB messenger via one or the other when you click on add contacts or are they both the same end result and you can do the same things once u have them added on bb messenger either way? just confused as to why youd want to add someone via PIN over adding them via an email address or vice versa? thanks
    Some people may have multiple email accounts on their blackberry and although you may think the one you have is the default email which would set up the BB Messenger it may not and that is why it would sit as a pending. If you have the Pin it will add it right away.
    05-30-08 01:03 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD