I just successfully removed the stupid PTT application from my new 8310.

forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=3706176#post3706176

I now want to get rid of the Blackberry Messenger so it doesn't show up in my list of open applications.

I've searched and cannot find any reference to the .cod file so I can delete it.

Any ideas?
    09-29-09 05:57 PM
    Jus plug the device into computer, open up DM, click application loader, click next and you'll see the list of apps, just uncheck the box next to Blackberry messenger and click next it will uninstall automatically
    09-29-09 06:17 PM
    I read that it wasn't possible because its part of your service book. I'm not sure if this would work but you can try. Go to your properties of your BBM and look for those code in your OS, then delete them and reinstall the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 06:17 PM
    You can delete it from your device by selecting it in Options / Advanced Options / Applications and pressing Menu, then Delete. You can also delete it using the Desktop Manager App Loader, if you have your OS installed on your PC.

09-29-09 06:18 PM
    But that would still show up. I had my friend tried that before.
    Jus plug the device into computer, open up DM, click application loader, click next and you'll see the list of apps, just uncheck the box next to Blackberry messenger and click next it will uninstall automatically
    09-29-09 06:19 PM
    You mean it shows up in app switcher? Yeah, that's probably always going to happen. It don't think that means it's running, I think it's like the browser. Just there for easy access...?
    09-29-09 06:59 PM
    You can delete it from your device by selecting it in Options / Advanced Options / Applications and pressing Menu, then Delete. You can also delete it using the Desktop Manager App Loader, if you have your OS installed on your PC.

I would do the above if you want it completely off you device. Just taking it off the app switcher, no clue.

09-29-09 07:05 PM
    Messenger is one of the apps that is always running if it is installed. The only way to remove it from the App Switcher is to remove it from your device, as described above.

09-29-09 07:21 PM
    Okay, thanks. I'll see what I can do. The messenger app doesn't show up in the list of apps to delete from the desktop manager.

Anyone use berry (linux) for deleteing it?
    09-29-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD