I have a Storm 9530 with BES. My company is not updating to the latest BES version yet. I want to update my phone to the latest OS, but of course with BES you can't do it the normal way. My company says it's OK to deactivate my BES, update the OS, then reactivate. I've done some searching, but have seen many different solutions offered: 1) wiping the handheld, 2) deleting all service books that indicate "Desktop", or 3) removing the IT Policy using a PC. Does anyone know which of these I need to do?
    11-06-09 02:19 PM
    Wipe the device with BBSAK on a computer that is not connected to your BES/e-mail system.

This will not remove any IT Policies, if you want to do that, run Loader with the /resettofactory switch.
    11-06-09 02:43 PM
    Wipe the device with BBSAK on a computer that is not connected to your BES/e-mail system.

This will not remove any IT Policies, if you want to do that, run Loader with the /resettofactory switch.
    Miiike - Thanks for the fast reply. I'm not sure what BBSAK is. I have BB Desktop Manager on my PC. Can't I just wipe thru Options>Security Options>General Settings?
    11-06-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD