Hello,

I've been going crazy trying to figure this one out. I can't find it anywhere on the net and I can't believe that more people aren't "losing it" over this issue. Please if someone can help me I will be very grateful.

Basically I've moved from a Bold 9780 to a Bold 9900. With this move I have the new OS. My screen is bigger and my resolution is better and yet I can not adjust the display to show an entire work day. I've included a photo so show how I would like it to look (just like my Bold 9780). I am constantly missing appointments because I haven't scrolled enough to see the item.

To go with it on the bold the color associated with an appointment ran the length of the appointment. That allows you to easily identify which calendar the appointment is with. In the new OS it just has a small color spot at the top of the item. Can this be changed?

Please help me get my calendar back. The new one is horrible. I hope this is just a user error (i.e. me) versus someone thinking that this was actually better at RIM.

Please help!
    Attached Thumbnails How To Change Calendar View to Show an Entire Day-calendarviewbb.jpg  
    01-24-12 10:01 AM
    I preferred the old style also, but haven't found a way to modify the new view. Sorry.
    01-24-12 10:18 AM
    I never had a 9780... but just by looking I think I prefer the current (OS7) day view. Could be my lack of experience with the 9780 though. I honestly can't remember how it looked on the 8330, 8530, or 9550.
    01-24-12 10:47 AM
    You'll have to find a third party Calendar app. This was discussed in another thread too.
    01-24-12 11:07 AM
    Hello,

I've been going crazy trying to figure this one out. I can't find it anywhere on the net and I can't believe that more people aren't "losing it" over this issue. Please if someone can help me I will be very grateful.

Basically I've moved from a Bold 9780 to a Bold 9900. With this move I have the new OS. My screen is bigger and my resolution is better and yet I can not adjust the display to show an entire work day. I've included a photo so show how I would like it to look (just like my Bold 9780). I am constantly missing appointments because I haven't scrolled enough to see the item.

To go with it on the bold the color associated with an appointment ran the length of the appointment. That allows you to easily identify which calendar the appointment is with. In the new OS it just has a small color spot at the top of the item. Can this be changed?

Please help me get my calendar back. The new one is horrible. I hope this is just a user error (i.e. me) versus someone thinking that this was actually better at RIM.

Please help!
    There's nothing in your options for your settings?
    maybe you can install the cod files for the older version?
    01-24-12 11:25 AM
    Hello,

Please help!
    Try PocketInformant . It is not free but it is extremely sophisticated with many nice views and tasks al well. A lot of features. In this case try the agenda view / day view and the month view showing the today details.
    01-24-12 11:50 AM
    Try PocketInformant . It is not free but it is extremely sophisticated with many nice views and tasks al well. A lot of features. In this case try the agenda view / day view and the month view showing the today details.
    Pocket informant is quite sophisticated. So much so, that you must sync it seperately. But it's very cumbersome at the same time. Takes time to load, has no date on the front like native calendar and can create duplicates easily. Just FYI
    01-24-12 11:25 PM
    Agenda view ftw! It took a while for me to get used to this view, but now that have, it's so much more efficient.
    pvdiamon likes this.
    01-26-12 12:33 AM
    I have also adopted Agenda View. I agree it took a little getting used to, but it's my default view now.
    01-26-12 09:51 AM
    Pocket informant is quite sophisticated. So much so, that you must sync it seperately. But it's very cumbersome at the same time. Takes time to load, has no date on the front like native calendar and can create duplicates easily. Just FYI
    I have used it with my curve 8520,Torch and I am using it now with my BB9900, ant loads very fast. Also, it has a unique feature as I can see, it shows both the tasks and the events of the same day, in the same page.
    I do not sync my events, so i do not know, but if you are talking about showing the nr. of day in its icon like the native application, I can not see how important is this.
    01-26-12 12:35 PM
    I have used it with my curve 8520,Torch and I am using it now with my BB9900, ant loads very fast. Also, it has a unique feature as I can see, it shows both the tasks and the events of the same day, in the same page.
    I do not sync my events, so i do not know, but if you are talking about showing the nr. of day in its icon like the native application, I can not see how important is this.
    Well, I'm very glad you found what you were looking for!
    Always nice to find just the right app to fill our needs, eh?
    01-27-12 01:05 AM
    Thank you all for your comments. I will give Agenda view a try and if that doesn't work I'll give PocketInformant a try.

It's just so frustrating that I now how a screen that is bigger and has better resolution and bb is forcing me to "zoom in" on my calendar view. It's ridiulous. Could you imagine going from a 480P computer screen to a 1080P computer screen and being forced to have less desktop space in your OS? This would be unfathomable and yet here it is happening on bb OS.

When I buy a bb my email and calendar are supposed to be the best out there. That's why I'm a bb customer and they just took one of those away from me.
    01-28-12 05:07 PM
    I have also adopted Agenda View. I agree it took a little getting used to, but it's my default view now.
    Same here. Turned off "show free time" and it's wonderful!
    Coach Bill likes this.
    01-28-12 07:14 PM
    Yeah, I'm so glad I made the switch to agenda view. It's nice to be able to see my week at a glance.
    01-28-12 09:00 PM
    You can't get yours to look like this?

I'm on BlackBerry 6, but it looks the same. Why are there so few hours in your week view? It looks like yours shows from 10-3. I find that if you go to Calendar>Options>Calendar Display and Actions and then modify the formatting so the start of day is 8 am and the end of day is 5 pm, it gives you a little more in the week view.
    01-28-12 10:55 PM
    My settings are set to display 9-5, but I can only see 6 hours at a time in week view with OS 7.1.0.190.
    01-28-12 11:04 PM
    Mine is set 8-5 and it shows 12am to 4am before scrolling. So not sure how people can change their time setting when it does not save the changes.
    01-28-12 11:11 PM
    Mine is set 8-5 and it shows 12am to 4am before scrolling. So not sure how people can change their time setting when it does not save the changes.
    The start/end of day settings are not display settings, they are to indicate the start and end of your day for scheduling purposes. This is important if others have access to your calendar, so they know when they can book appointments.
    01-28-12 11:13 PM
    Oh I see how it goes. I just checked mine and the time on the Week View is highlighted at 1pm because it's after 1 for me... soo the time setting automatically moves as the day goes. I like this.
    01-29-12 01:14 PM
    That was a great suggestion for Agenda View. I've been using BBs for years, and somehow never looked at those options!! And thanks DBWAVERLY for bringing that up, as I too had missed some appts. since going to OS 7.
    01-29-12 04:50 PM
    Same here. Turned off "show free time" and it's wonderful!
    Agreed.
    Turn off "show free time" and Agenda View is good to go.
    01-30-12 08:03 AM
    Few shots from PocketInformant ; Events view + tasks

Agenda View

Today View

Month view showing details of today
    01-31-12 06:42 AM
    I hate to say this however I think that I may be moving on to Android. I love the keyboard on my 9900 but this calendar view thing is a deal breaker for me. I just upgraded to OS 7.1 and was hoping that something would be different for the calendar but it is not. I really hope the BB gets their act together as I have some friends that work for the company and I'd hate to see another Canadian tech company fall apart.
    04-24-12 10:45 PM
    I hate to say this however I think that I may be moving on to Android. I love the keyboard on my 9900 but this calendar view thing is a deal breaker for me. I just upgraded to OS 7.1 and was hoping that something would be different for the calendar but it is not. I really hope the BB gets their act together as I have some friends that work for the company and I'd hate to see another Canadian tech company fall apart.
    I would advise you to try PocketInformant first .
    I am also depending a lot on the calender in my business. I agree that the basic calender app of BB is very bad in all respects. The best I ever used is that for the old Nokia communicator.
    Can you guide me to the photos or pics for the Calender of Android phone?
    Last edited by m.seif; 04-25-12 at 05:04 AM.
    04-25-12 04:56 AM
    Does pocket informant have a week view like I posted in my original comment? I'm really looking for that week view that shows the whole week blocked out. Just like my bold with OS 5.0
    04-25-12 08:13 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD