We know how to block incoming calls from annoying 1-800 numbers to Unknows Callers to Private Numbers and maybe a few of our contacts in our phonebook

So another tip, we can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL ... then check off all or one box.

Sometimes we don't want to be disturbed by our friends and relatives and turning off your data would only stop emails from coming. So use wisely otherwise you would miss your important messages.
    11-19-07 12:36 PM
    We know how to block incoming calls from annoying 1-800 numbers to Unknows Callers to Private Numbers and maybe a few of our contacts in our phonebook

So another tip, we can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL ... then check off all or one box.

Sometimes we don't want to be disturbed by our friends and relatives and turning off your data would only stop emails from coming. So use wisely otherwise you would miss your important messages.
    Thanks for the info Catt, now I can block those BB buddies that like to talk to me while they get their car washed. LOL!!!
    Last edited by CMEC; 11-19-07 at 04:10 PM.
    11-19-07 04:05 PM
    HAHAHAHA, you always crack me up.

Fine. Block if you want. Your loss
    11-19-07 04:21 PM
    HAHAHAHA, you always crack me up.

Fine. Block if you want. Your loss
    LOL Just joking with ya Catt!
    11-19-07 04:27 PM
    Every day I learn something new...
    11-19-07 05:37 PM
    Wait, how do you block phone calls from the 1-800, 866 #s, Unknown Callers, Private Numbers?
    11-20-07 01:26 PM
    Wait, how do you block phone calls from the 1-800, 866 #s, Unknown Callers, Private Numbers?
    I use a 3rd party software : iBerry Black & Whitelist.
    11-20-07 02:28 PM
    Where do you find this iBerry Black & Whitelist
    11-28-07 12:30 AM
    You can find it HERE
    11-28-07 02:22 AM
    Have a question once you block SMS messages is there a way you can retrieve them once you remove the filter?
    11-28-07 08:49 AM
    Bla1ze That link does not work I tried to buy it from this site but nothing happens anyone know where else I can get it from ???
    11-28-07 08:50 PM
    How do you block incoming calls on the Blackberry 8830? I have a stalker, and it's getting really annoying to receive private number phone calls OVER< AND OVER AND OVER again.
    12-01-07 06:15 PM
    If it's not a business line, I'd change the number ($35). Also, speak with your provider, they can get the Police involved. They can record when the calls are made, and where from etc, etc...
    12-01-07 06:19 PM
    so where can we get this black and white software??? when i clicked on the link here it wouldnt do anything or provide any exact info about it....
    12-01-07 07:47 PM
    I believe this app is no longer available. I cannot find it anywhere.
    12-01-07 09:55 PM
    It's still available, I see it currently listed HERE and HERE as well, hope this helps you out.

PS: Verizon MAY have a policy in place for a FREE number change, I know AT&T does it for free once under the premise of harassment anything after that costs $36
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-01-07 at 10:47 PM.
    12-01-07 10:44 PM
    Ohh cool! But I wonder why those other software sites don't have them anymore. Or am I not just looking hard enough
    12-01-07 10:47 PM
    I found it on handago or something similar a few days ago when I looked as well, but right now I can't find the link.
    12-01-07 10:49 PM
    That's where I purchased mine and I can't find the link.... oh well. lol
    12-01-07 10:51 PM
    ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANOTHER WAY TO BLOCK PRiVATE CALLS? AND WHAT EXACTLY DOES iT SAY TO THE PERSON WHEN THEY CALL FROM A PRiVATE NUMBER? DOES iT TELL THE PERSON THEY ARE BLOCKED OR JUST SAY THE NUMBER iS NO LONGER iN SERViCE? ANYONE KNOW? i USUALLY SAY ON MY VOiCEMAiL, "iF YOU ARE CALLiNG FROM A PRiVATE NUMBER, PLEASE PRESS *82 TO UNBLOCK YOUR NUMBER AND CALL BACK", BUT iF i COULD REMOVE THAT AND FiND A PROFESSiONAL WAY TO BLOCK iT AND LET THEM KNOW TO USE AN UNBLOCKED # THAT WOULD BE PERFECT! LET ME KNOW! THANKS!
    12-20-07 12:37 PM
    I wish the software was capable of forwarding different calls to different numbers Since your BB forwards calls to a VoiceMail box anyways, it would be great if you could set it up to say certain #'s went to the phone's VM, certain ones forwarded to your work phone & still other's wouldn't forward anywhere, giving a message "this customer is out of the service area"

I know this is a pipe dream, but I really don't care about solicitors that leave messages and certain other select people I would prefer if they couldn't leave a message at all. They could call it the Blackberry Bouncer.. The muscle that screens your calls and boots the undesirables out of calling you or leaving a message!
    12-25-07 11:37 PM
    Thanks Catt this will save me from getting fired because I do know now how to not reply to a text, pin or mms..lol
    01-19-08 02:29 AM
    question. If i set up my phone to block incoming SMS and MMS messages, will i still be charged for them?

I dont have a text plan so its pay per use...
    02-08-08 01:14 PM
    Good question. The thing is, it doesn't get forwarded to your BB. In fact you wouldn't even know if you received one unless you go back to the security option and checked the number of blocked messages. Might need to ask provider on this.

Really good question! I'll test it and see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jwheat811 likes this.
    02-08-08 02:11 PM
    ok, let me know

if you cant find out, i'll give my provider a call...
    02-08-08 02:21 PM
145 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD