here you go .......noob >lol< http**//iberry-black-whitelist.en.softonic.com/blackberry
    Black and White list doesn't block SMS, MMS, etc... it's just to "Blacklist unwanted callers�.
    07-02-08 07:32 AM
    alright...so im confused

by doing this options...security...firewall...and checking the specific boxes

will this block ALL incoming messages or can you choose the individual #'s to block?
    07-10-08 04:12 PM
    You can find it [="http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=12708"]HERE[/]
    Love this place. All my questions answered without having to ask. Wish they had a site like this for women, then I wouldn't have to walk around saying I'm sorry all the time.
    07-10-08 05:48 PM
    Great tip thanks. Now I can block my annoying family members who constantly message me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-08 05:52 PM
    why pay extra for a text plan ESPECIALLY when you get charged for incoming texts as well. Why pay $.20 because someone was bored and text "Hi" to you! If your device is not email capable then call me (and I'll shoot you to voice mail LMAO)
    I would much rather receive a text message than a phone call from the people I don't want to talk to! I can just "not respond" to a text (of course I don't have to answer the phone call either...)

I am one of very few person in my family and friends cirlce with a blackberry so most of them can not email from their mobile phones. We use text messaging all of the time! I don't pay for incoming texts on top of my plan, I pay just $15 per month for unlimited in network messaging plus a number of out of network texts.

I personally can't imagine not having text messages. However I do have a profile set up to not notify me at all when I receive text messages. This way they are delivered but I am not bothered by them. This works well for me.
    07-10-08 06:14 PM
    How can I block, call via my blackberry the option is there. Go to call log and click on options but unsure how?
    08-17-08 06:55 PM
    alright...so im confused

by doing this options...security...firewall...and checking the specific boxes

will this block ALL incoming messages or can you choose the individual #'s to block?
    You can now block all kinds of stuff FREE on TMOBILE Just go to your TMO page. BUT it blocks everything. if you want specific stuff blocked buy the allowances for $2 a month if you really want the feature
    . You can always cancel afer a couple monhs and the person bugging you thinks your number is gone or defunct or whatever. this is an ADD ON so it doesn't effect anything such as contract extending
    08-17-08 07:04 PM
    I am able to send MMS messages to anyone, but there is one person that never receives them. I don't get an error on my end. He is able to receive from other people and we have contacted his service provider to verify that there is nothing blocked. Could I have a block on outgoing messages to him on my phone? He gets my SMS and I can receive his MMS.
    08-27-08 09:56 PM
    I'm new to the BB. How do I block 800 numbers or private numbers? Thanks
    10-28-08 03:10 PM
    Is there any way or new porgrams/software to lock sms or emails on the blackberry curve?
    11-08-08 08:15 PM
    Can you block just one number or do you have to block everything coming in?
    11-08-08 08:42 PM
    If sms block filter is enabled and someone sends you a text msg, does it still count as a text msg from your text plan? Like it goes through carrier's system but phone filters it?

12-09-08 10:54 PM
    Ummm... just a thought....
    Isn't, really, the whole point of having a BB with text/email capability to RECEIVE the texts/emails?
    ....I'm still happy to have the instructions though, 'cause I have days where I want people to leave me alone and CALL ME rather than text/email LOL
    ...Also... $18 to use white/black list? Sad. I used to have a feature on my old smartphone w/Helio that was built-in. Hmm.. HINT TO BLACKBERRY....

Thanks again OP for the instructions, though They'll come in handy. *saves page*
    12-12-08 09:15 PM
    Could someone explain the difference between the three. I want to block text messages, so should a block SMS only or all three? Will blocking them effect my work email at all? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I am just starting to care about any of this sent a got my BB.

Thanks.
    01-06-09 09:57 PM
    The best way to block 1-800 # is to call 1-888-382-1222 which is the national no solicitating #. They register your phone number and atomatically blocks any 1800, 1886, 1888, ect.. I registered my # 3 yrs ago and have NEVER EVER had a 1800 # show up.... And the best part is that it is 100% free..
    01-22-09 03:19 PM
    can sms, mms and pins be retrieved when they are blocked?
    01-24-09 02:53 PM
    can sms, mms and pins be retrieved when they are blocked?

same question i have in mind
    01-28-09 08:34 AM
    Bla1ze That link does not work I tried to buy it from this site but nothing happens anyone know where else I can get it from ???
    Black & Whitelist - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

It's $18.
    01-28-09 11:08 PM
    wow. thanks for the tip, i did not know that. i am definitely going to use that. does the person get any notification that they have been blocked? lol
    02-01-09 07:26 AM
    I called my carrier and disabled SMS. I have a BB thus I have email so why pay extra for a text plan ESPECIALLY when you get charged for incoming texts as well. Why pay $.20 because someone was bored and text "Hi" to you! If your device is not email capable then call me (and I'll shoot you to voice mail LMAO)
    You don't need to pay for Text Messaging (SMS) when you have an unlimited data plan. You can still receive emails from a friend who only has text capability - they would just text to your email address. You can send an email to their "phonenumber"@carrier server name - this message leaves your device as email (using data) and arrives at your friend's phone as SMS.

for a list of carrier server names, you need to search "how to send an email to a phone" as I'm not allowed to post links yet.

It took me and my friend, Ting, all day to get this straight.
    02-06-09 11:44 PM
    I just got my blackberry and I am a little confused about something. I have my email set up to come to my blackberry. I have a notification when I have an email. I also get a text message that contains the very same email. I also keep getting messages from "mobile email". My question is, how can I stop getting a text message every time I get an email? I want to keep my text messages but I will not be able to afford getting these many texts. Thanks a lot for your help!!
    02-23-09 03:32 PM
    We know how to block incoming calls from annoying 1-800 numbers to Unknows Callers to Private Numbers and maybe a few of our contacts in our phonebook

So another tip, we can block PIN, SMS, and MMS messages from going through by going OPTIONS > SECURITY OPTIONS > FIREWALL ... then check off all or one box.

Sometimes we don't want to be disturbed by our friends and relatives and turning off your data would only stop emails from coming. So use wisely otherwise you would miss your important messages.
    So I'm a first time blackberry user so how do I block them

02-25-09 07:19 PM
    Did someone answer the question "Can you block just ONE number"?

I have an ***** who keeps txting me random stuff for no reason and I would like to block his number?
    05-13-09 04:54 PM
    I just did the setting and sent myself a test sms and it still went through.. hmmmm...
    05-16-09 03:52 PM
    I get many Telemarketing SMS which uses a ALpha-Numeric Short code like AT-Shop etc..

Is there a sW app which can block SMS just like Blacklsit sw blocks unwanted Callers?

Pl suggest a sw as I going crazy with Mktg SMS spams

Thanks

PS Already using iBerry Whiltelist/Blacklist.
    05-21-09 04:27 AM
145 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD