I have OS 6 on my BB Torch. I need to back up my BBM contacts but can't see how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary
    08-15-11 08:44 PM
    use the blackberry desktop software, if on a PC it will backup to Outlook contacts, if on a Mac, it will backup to the Adress Book.
    08-15-11 08:54 PM
    I have OS 6 on my BB Torch. I need to back up my BBM contacts but can't see how to do it.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary
    go to bbm. press menu. go to options. go down the screen, you will see back up.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    08-15-11 09:12 PM
    I recommend backing up locally and not remotely. I've had issues with the email backup before.

Desktop Manager is too much work and hassle, this way is much better.
    08-15-11 10:37 PM
    There are 3 ways that I can think of in backing up bbm:

1. Through Desktop Manager - there is an option to either do a full backup or only specific backup. Restoring it goes the same way, you can either do a full restore or just specific database.

2. Through bbm, go to options and backup remotely via yiur registered email addresses.

3. Through bbm, go to options and backup locally. You can even setup bbm to do automatic backup everytime there are changes to your bbm contacts.

For me personally, I prefer the 1st option as it is most accurate and never fails. Had problems in the past with both options 2 and 3.
    08-19-11 12:10 PM
    Thanks all.
    G.
    08-20-11 04:16 PM
    Blackberry 9800 does not have dat option you mention
    07-02-13 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD