Does anyone know if there's a way to enable what used to be called (pre-OS6) "Hotspot Browser" mode? We used this for forcing our development BBs to use internal DNS for testing (to hit internal domains that don't exist outside the LAN).

Any ideas (outside installing any sort of BES server)?

k.
    05-31-12 01:05 PM
    I don't think this is possible in BB7. The browser makes the choices for you.
    06-04-12 10:53 AM
    OK, any idea how/when it decides to use the Hotspot Browser? Our devices have no cellular connections (disabled, no SIM) and only operate on WiFi.
    k.
    06-04-12 10:54 AM
    OK, any idea how/when it decides to use the Hotspot Browser? Our devices have no cellular connections (disabled, no SIM) and only operate on WiFi.
    k.
    There is no hotspot browser in OS7, just the native one that connects over wifi or BIS/BES.
    06-04-12 01:53 PM
    So, is there any way to get the device to use our DNS servers over a WiFi connection (our Wifi connection)?
    06-04-12 02:05 PM
    MAYBE it will change to hotspot browser if the wifi requires you to log in first in order to get connected ..
    06-19-12 09:20 PM
    Can't you just do a manual wifi setup and put in your own DNS servers ? By default if your DHCP and or AP pushes out the correct DNS info anyway it should just work.

By default when I'm in the office with wifi on I have access to all my internal domains/DNS's and that was without changing anything at all.

Or am I missing the point?
    06-20-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD