06-22-13 04:49 AM
139 12345 ...
tools
    this tutorial does work for 83XX devices. I am running 4.5 on my 8330 and have tinkered around with this a little the last couple of days. I'll attempt to upload my .SVG file for those of you interested in what it should look like. I have a hidden dock minus the dock (only icons) that either scoll to the right to disappear off the screen and one that they scroll down and off the screen (file attached). I didn't want the dock in the theme I'm creating for myself.

I hope his helps someone. I am really new to theme building myself and it's kind of frustrating sometimes to figure it all out.
    08-05-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks so much!!
    08-05-09 09:11 PM
    this tutorial does work for 83XX devices. I am running 4.5 on my 8330 and have tinkered around with this a little the last couple of days. I'll attempt to upload my .SVG file for those of you interested in what it should look like. I have a hidden dock minus the dock (only icons) that either scoll to the right to disappear off the screen and one that they scroll down and off the screen (file attached). I didn't want the dock in the theme I'm creating for myself.

I hope his helps someone. I am really new to theme building myself and it's kind of frustrating sometimes to figure it all out.
    Thanks! I've actually been messing with it the past few days and finally got it working. I just couldn't figure out how to get the dock to move properly. I'd load the SVG file but once loading the theme onto the phone the dock stayed put. I'll give your dock a try in the theme I'm working on.

EDIT: Tested this out and it works. Thank you so much!
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-07-09 at 07:39 AM.
    08-07-09 06:20 AM
    You're welcome, I'm glad that you got it to work! Did you ever get your dock to scroll as well?
    08-09-09 12:43 AM
    You're welcome, I'm glad that you got it to work! Did you ever get your dock to scroll as well?
    If I load the dock that is just the icons it does, but once I add an image behind them it doesn't. I haven't had a chance to mess with it in the last few days but will be getting back to it soon.
    08-13-09 12:24 AM
    Good info. Thanks!
    08-16-09 11:47 AM
    <quote>
    After you've done hopefully you've already created a dock that you want to use. If you have then go to file>import. Select the one you've created. If you haven't then go on ahead and make one I'll wait. </quote>

make a dock? what does that mean? total noob question, i imagine, but i'm lost
    I know this is probably a bit late in answering this, but I didn't see an answer given to properly explain what the "dock" is.

The dock she is referring to is just an image that you create. Keep in mind your screen size to avoid distortion when importing the images if you are using filters in photoshop or which ever program you may be using and keep the created image close to your screen size. Also keep in mind with the height of your icons and leave enough space to have some blank area around the icons themselves.

If your screen is 320 pixels wide make your created image 320 pixels wide.

If your icons are 80x80 make your height 90 pixels to give a 5 pixel space top and bottom. You don't want your image to be smaller than your icons or cause it to clip the icons top or bottom because of the size of your image.
    08-18-09 04:35 AM
    Great tutorial! Will you marry me so we can make lots of themes for our kid's blackberry's ?
    08-18-09 10:03 AM
    hi,

i need some help... im new to theme building and I have made a hidden scrolling theme. My problem is that when I go to profiles from the home screen and scroll DOWN to Theme_button_1, I then scroll RIGHT to get to Theme_button_2, and then i can scroll right no longer. I have to scroll DOWN to the third theme button and so on! I want to be able to scroll RIGHT to the rest of the theme buttons if that is possible.

thanks

Oh and thanks for the tutorial... I got most of my understanding from it

(sorry abt caps i was getting a lil confused lol)
    08-20-09 03:36 PM
    How do you get this to work on a Storm?
    08-23-09 02:21 PM
    This does work on 4.5 devices. I havent tried the storm, thats the next one
    08-23-09 02:22 PM
    I tried this on the storm 8530 and it works but after i scroll up to profiles i can't move back to reveal the hidden dock? i need to go into apps then back to the homescreen to get my lower 4 hidden dock icons back...
    08-26-09 04:44 PM
    great tutorial! thanks!
    08-28-09 05:49 AM
    I already knew but just wanted to say thanks for posting up the tutorial for others

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 04:23 PM
    I just tried it on the 8330 curve with the standard dimension theme. It works great!!! Now I will try to build a mini storm theme for the curve and apply it to that... We will see how it works out..
    08-28-09 05:38 PM
    Good stuff. Thanks
    08-28-09 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the tutorial.
    08-28-09 07:42 PM
    By the way, I also tried this on a curve as well. Works great.
    08-28-09 07:42 PM
    for the love of god, can someone please tell us storm users how this is properly done?! i've spent the last 48 hours reading tutorials watching pinoint's videos looking here on crackberry and pinstack and google, and quite honestly I'M GOING CRAZY.

please? someone shed some light on this subject?

I know for sure that elycruz0102/E-Cruz knows how to make it work like I personally want to make mine work because i have two of his themes (ubuntu and android x) and i like them alot but i want to make my own. so maybe he'll jump in here and help us out??
    08-30-09 08:58 PM
    Really should make this thread a sticky. its very helpful thanks alot.
    08-30-09 10:15 PM
    Bump my previous questions and also how do i assign a 6th button to not do anything and be invisible, every time i try it still shows in theme builder and the simulator and the 1st button dissappears
    08-31-09 05:54 PM
    nice to know that people are so eager to help one another on these forums. seems like as long as people know how to do something and they know someone else doesn't know how they keep to them selves so they they can be "the cool guy".
    09-01-09 06:21 PM
    Nice tutorial.. Thanks for sharing!
    09-04-09 05:44 AM
    Thats awesome! thank you very much.
    09-08-09 10:24 AM
    Hey..I would like to know that like the same way we have created hidden docks..How can we create hidden overlay focus icon ?

I have a transparent box with a blue outline which I am using as my focus underlay icon on my application screen.

I want to use the same box on my homescreen when I navigate FOCUS on any default icon there.
    10-08-09 12:23 PM
139 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD