I am looking for a thread that lists all the little tricks when typing. What I mean is when I type sometimes the bb has internal abbreviations it uses and makes the word, date, etc appear. I was just on bbm and the owner info appeared for my bb. Sometimes I type 2 letters and the date and time appear. If anyone can help me please help. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 12:11 PM
    would this work if you put hidden dock at the side so it pops out from the side rather than the bottom or top?
    or is there different coding for this?

thanks a million for the info! works a treat !
    10-15-09 02:54 PM
    Three deck, it's in the original post explaining how to do that.
    10-15-09 11:01 PM
    Can you please explain a hidden today tutorial to me? or send me a link or a composer file premade?

Pretty please!
    10-22-09 02:06 AM
    OMG!!! I just tried it, and ist great!!! This couldnt be more clear... Thank a lot...

Working for on a i8350...

Chearszz!
    10-25-09 07:53 AM
    Nice tutorial. But it looks like you copied the one from here:
    w w w.pimpmyberry.com/showthread.php?t=1857&highlight=hidden+dock+tutori al

It looks like you just changed the wording a little bit and trimmed a few pictures.

Thanks for sharing but it would have been alot easier to just post the link LOL.

**Remove the spaces from the w's. I can't post links yet.
    10-29-09 05:48 PM
    Nice tutorial. But it looks like you copied the one from here:
    w w w.pimpmyberry.com/showthread.php?t=1857&highlight=hidden+dock+tutori al

It looks like you just changed the wording a little bit and trimmed a few pictures.

Thanks for sharing but it would have been alot easier to just post the link LOL.

**Remove the spaces from the w's. I can't post links yet.

I guess it would've been easier to post the link IF I copied that tutorial, but I didn't.

There might be similarities in the 2 but I wrote mine up with the help of mrtolles (ask him if you like) b/c I needed help with a hidden dock. He helped me and I decided to write a tutorial to help someone else. I like to think it's better to see it from different point of views rather than just 1.

The pics are very different btw...mine features a WAY different dock than his...how did you miss that?!
    11-05-09 03:59 AM
    want want want
    11-12-09 10:59 PM
    Has anyone gotten this to work on the storm? If so is there something more that you have to do to make it work? I draw up a quick 4 button dock in the composer and then export to svg, make the html code changes and additions then add the svg to a theme. I run the simutalor and can get the dock to hide and that is it, once it hides it is gone and doesn't come back. What am I missing.
    11-13-09 10:32 PM
    I have found that the spots to touch on the screen are high on the right side( where the default signal is) and for some reason the fourth icon in the dock or the far left icon... I originally could not get the dock to come back up so I changed the movement from 100 to 50, that allowed me to still get to the fourth icon... hope that helps.... who to fix it.... no clue/.
    11-19-09 11:42 PM
    I just came across your hidden dock tutorial in the forums and I want to thank you for the very detailed tutorial. BUT I've searched HIGH and LOW for a tutorial on how to do the HIDDEN TODAY.. you wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on hidden today would you? or do you have any resources as to where I can find such tutorial? your help would be highly appreciated. thank you so much in advance
    11-22-09 02:36 AM
    I just came across your hidden dock tutorial in the forums and I want to thank you for the very detailed tutorial. BUT I've searched HIGH and LOW for a tutorial on how to do the HIDDEN TODAY.. you wouldn't happen to have a tutorial on hidden today would you? or do you have any resources as to where I can find such tutorial? your help would be highly appreciated. thank you so much in advance

Hidden Today is an option that is given directly in Theme Builder.
    12-01-09 10:30 PM
    Okay, I tried this in theme builder 5.0 for 8330 as well as 9700 just to see if it was because I had an older version or something. This is what I get

SVG failed to import correctly.
    Certain portions of the SVG may not be rendered correctly.
    The SVG file: C:\Documents and Settings\Kae\Desktop\redbottomdock.svg may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:

Duration is not defined

(that duration is not defined message is listed SEVERAL times)
    12-04-09 01:38 PM
    it should still work fine... have you run the simulator after loading the svg file?
    12-04-09 02:27 PM
    Thanks for a great and easy to understand tutorial for creating a hidden dock. I made a theme for my Tour and it turned out great. The only problem I had was making a Dock image for a png file and getting it just right. After playing around with Adobe Photoshop PS3, I created a tabbed dock image with just the right size and texture. Thanks again for this tutorial.

Doc
    12-21-09 04:36 PM
    Hi, all,

I followed the directions and have my hidden dock working just right. The only problem I have is that I want to add a tab focus so that when the dock appears and an icon is focused upon, the tab focus will be behind that particular icon. I have played around making another duplicate layer, but that didn't work. If someone could lead me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Doc
    12-25-09 02:38 AM
    this looks real confusing...is it easier than it looks?
    12-25-09 08:52 AM
    I have lost my contacts, how do I get them to be un-hidden?
    12-25-09 10:43 AM
    Great tutorial! I actually got it to work on my Bold! Now all I need is to figure out how to add a static 7th icon for my weather app and I am set. Thanks again to the OP!
    01-01-10 09:16 PM
    Months later, this is still helping people out. I still have to figure a few things out (underlay focus icons), but it's working as advertised.

One question: my dock icons seem to have a slight bounce as I scroll across. Normal? Fix?
    01-18-10 11:50 PM
    it took me forever to get in into notepad but i did and it was completely dumbluck... but this tutorial is very very helpful thanks
    01-24-10 06:24 PM
    i made the svg file but when i put it in theme builder it says "no proccessing instuction starts with xml"
    01-25-10 12:04 AM
    Months later, this is still helping people out. I still have to figure a few things out (underlay focus icons), but it's working as advertised.

One question: my dock icons seem to have a slight bounce as I scroll across. Normal? Fix?
    Hi,

After a lot of trial and error, I finally have it working on my Tour. I did figure out how to make the focus (underlay) icons for the icons on the home screen. As far as the slight bounce, I guess that's just part of it. The only problem I have now is when you first start the theme, the focus icons are all appearing behind the homescreen icons until you focus over each one, then they disappear and everything works right...until you reboot. Oh well. I'll work on that problem now.

Doc
    03-03-10 10:48 AM
    Thanks for the write up
    03-03-10 11:15 AM
    I followed this tutorial step-by-step, my only issue now is when I go to load it on my BlackBerry, the dock won't hide =( I am unsure if I need to do something with the "Navigation" of it all?
    03-03-10 06:16 PM
139 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD