how many buttons do you have and how many sets of code did you copy? i got this when i had 5 buttons but copied 6 sets of code
    I have six buttons, and copied six sets of codes. The first time it came up there were 7 of the "Invalid interactivity target." listed off. I deleted the SVG, re-exported and edited the coding, and it gave me the above warning with only two.
    07-11-09 02:25 PM
    Can an old noob ask a question. What exactly are you referring to in this thread. It sounds interesting but I don't have the foggiest idea of what you are doing. What "composer" are you referring to? What is a "theme"? What is a hidden dock? Sorry for asking these basic questions but I'm curious to know what you are talking about. I love fooling around with my BB Curve 8330 and this sounds interesting.
    Ray
    07-11-09 06:51 PM
    OMG I appreciate the write up. The details are really great for those of who are fairly intelligent in the real word, but morons in the BB world. Thanks!!
    07-11-09 10:54 PM
    Hi, I successfully created a working Hidden dock thanks to this amazing tutorial!!!, but I was wondering if there is a way to make it so i can scroll left and right instead of up and down in the dock.

Thanks

Kris
    Last edited by eternallife01; 07-11-09 at 11:45 PM.
    07-11-09 11:42 PM
    Yes, you can use the navigation tab in Theme Builder to change the order and location in that order
    07-11-09 11:44 PM
    Yes, you can use the navigation tab in Theme Builder to change the order and location in that order

Thanks soo much for keeping an eye on this thread and answering questions. I usually stick around the theme-forum. Sorry bout that. But thanks again I appreciate it ohh so much!!!
    07-11-09 11:53 PM
    Thanks soo much for keeping an eye on this thread and answering questions. I usually stick around the theme-forum. Sorry bout that. But thanks again I appreciate it ohh so much!!!
    No worries. Do you know if this is compatible with 4.5 OS and the 83xx/88xx devices?
    07-11-09 11:54 PM
    First, Fantastic Tutorial. second a question. Does this process work for 4.5 OS themes on the 88xx series devices? I have tried and it has not been working.
    I have to admit. I know absolutley nothing about the compatiblities for os' that's way too techy for me. I can ask someone who would know, if you still need an answer!
    07-11-09 11:55 PM
    I have given it a try but it does not seem to hide the dock, or show the background for some reason.
    07-11-09 11:56 PM
    Can an old noob ask a question. What exactly are you referring to in this thread. It sounds interesting but I don't have the foggiest idea of what you are doing. What "composer" are you referring to? What is a "theme"? What is a hidden dock? Sorry for asking these basic questions but I'm curious to know what you are talking about. I love fooling around with my BB Curve 8330 and this sounds interesting.
    Ray
    There's a program out that's called "Plazmic Theme Builder" it allows you to build themes for your phone to your specific liking. Your able to customize almost everything...message icons, cursor color, fonts, dialog boxes etc. This takes care of the theme question.

Composer comes with the plazmic download it's free though, this is where you create a hidden dock. A hidden dock is where the icons on your screen are hidden when focused on a different icon off the dock...like the profiles icon. Kind of confusing sounding.

This tutorial really has nothing to do with messing around on your phone it's work done on a computer then loaded on your phone so you can use something that you created just for your YOURSELF!!!! If you look at my signature you can see "my free themes" I have a few hidden docks so maybe you'll understand better if you see!

Sorry if any of that was confusing!
    07-12-09 12:04 AM
    I have given it a try but it does not seem to hide the dock, or show the background for some reason.
    Ahhhh, that sucks! do you have something for it to focus on instead of the dock?
    07-12-09 12:08 AM
    Yes, same exact theme works on the bold. When recreated for the older devices it doesnt work
    07-12-09 12:09 AM
    Yes, same exact theme works on the bold. When recreated for the older devices it doesnt work
    awwww....that's no good! Older devices need love too! I'm sorry! I'll ask someone that is a real bb techy he might have a solution or know something. I'll let you know!
    07-12-09 12:13 AM
    I appreciate it thank you. I am going to start from scratch for that one and see if it works. I will keep you posted.
    07-12-09 12:14 AM
    Thanks for the help Sith_Apprentice

I didn't realize that i had to click on the icon in navigation to change which button i had selected.

Kris
    07-12-09 11:30 AM
    I will give a try tks barry
    07-18-09 09:56 PM
    hey thanks for the tutorial this one makes alot of sense to me but for some reason I can't download that attachment??!! what should I do
    07-19-09 07:59 PM
    awwww....that's no good! Older devices need love too! I'm sorry! I'll ask someone that is a real bb techy he might have a solution or know something. I'll let you know!
    Any update on this?
    07-20-09 01:04 PM
    Any update on this?
    +1

I have a theme I made that I really want to add a hidden dock to but this tutorial does not work for it.
    07-24-09 03:29 PM
    Im having some trouble with this.
    Im trying to do it for my 8310, unfortunately the navigation tab has only 2 choices: vertical layout or horizontal layout in relation to the profiles icon so i can neither find nor select "No Memory"

Additionally when i upload the svg it informs me that
    The SVG file: [file location] may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined

That repeats 10 times (I have 5 buttons so 1 for each code)

Ive gone through the steps 3 time just to make sure its not my fault

Im a total noob at this stuff so if anybody can help Id be grateful

Other than that the tutorial seems very good. obviously ill be much happier with it when i can actually finish using it.
    07-24-09 09:51 PM
    Im having some trouble with this.
    Im trying to do it for my 8310, unfortunately the navigation tab has only 2 choices: vertical layout or horizontal layout in relation to the profiles icon so i can neither find nor select "No Memory"

Additionally when i upload the svg it informs me that
    The SVG file: [file location] may not be rendered correctly for the following reasons:
    Duration is not defined

That repeats 10 times (I have 5 buttons so 1 for each code)

Ive gone through the steps 3 time just to make sure its not my fault

Im a total noob at this stuff so if anybody can help Id be grateful

Other than that the tutorial seems very good. obviously ill be much happier with it when i can actually finish using it.
    This tutorial doesn't work for older devices.
    07-24-09 09:53 PM
    This tutorial doesn't work for older devices.
    Well THAT sux
    thanks for letting me know before i spent too much time on it
    07-24-09 10:08 PM
    Well THAT sux
    thanks for letting me know before i spent too much time on it
    Yeah, it does. The OP said she would see if she could find someone that knew how to do it for them, but I guess she hasn't yet. I'm trying to figure out how to make one for an 83XX device too.
    07-24-09 10:18 PM
    Yeah, it does. The OP said she would see if she could find someone that knew how to do it for them, but I guess she hasn't yet. I'm trying to figure out how to make one for an 83XX device too.
    Any update on this....I too have been trying to figure it out for the last couple months to no avail...
    08-03-09 01:14 PM
    awesome post thanks
    08-05-09 11:36 AM
139 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD