Let me know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 07:47 PM
    The rumors are that devices with 256MB will get a slimmed down version of 6.0 and devices with 512MB will get the full version of 6.0.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 06-01-10 at 05:26 AM.
    05-31-10 08:20 PM
    The only people who know if the tour will get os 6 is RIM.... It was said before that we had to have a certain amount of memory for os 5 but I think os 5 for the tour had less memory then 4.7 maybe like 2MB's or so. I could care less about os 6 it would be nice but a better web browser is all I really want.

05-31-10 09:58 PM
    Civic said we won't but I dunno. As long as leaks exist or hybrids I will be happy.

06-01-10 12:07 PM
    I doubt it. I read in the forums somewhere that the Bold 9700 will not be getting the OS 6 update.

This is the perfect way for RIM to force people to buy a new device.
    06-01-10 12:15 PM
    I doubt it. I read in the forums somewhere that the Bold 9700 will not be getting the OS 6 update.

That's y I said the only people who know is RIM.... When they introduced the webkit browser it was introduced with the 9700 bold to show us that it would be capable for non touch devices. I truly believe os 6 will come to devices made after the tour. There are a lot of people with these older phones if someone wants to get a new device I don't think a new os upgrade will make them go out and spend money on a new device just for that. RIM is going to make their money anyway. I love these threads cause when it gets released to the tour I can dig this up and say I told yall.... Lmao. Just my thoughts....

06-01-10 12:34 PM
    I think it is ridiculous if we do not get it. Not everyone is able to upgrade to a brand new phone every 6 months, and who has $5-600 to drop on new hardware every time RIM throws out an update. Other than the webkit browser where is the extra memory needed? I also feel they can adapt any software to any hardware, I mean look at android it can basically be ported to any hardware, for example iphones,ipod touch,and any htc phone under the moon. Just my ramblings, sometimes to get repeat customers u need to take care of them. When upgrade time comes around for me a blackberry will be my last choice simply because RIM refuses to take care of ALL of their customers.

06-01-10 12:41 PM
    Why is it "ridiculous"? Will not having 6.0 prevent the device from working in the way that you have it working right now? Why would the device manufacturer be obligated to provide ANY operating system upgrades beyond what you have when you purchase the device?
    06-01-10 04:56 PM
    Upgrades are never guaranteed.

Don't buy a phone on the basis of expecting it to get an upgrade that isn't released when the phone is released.
    06-01-10 05:05 PM
    Just like MS if your old computer doesn't support the OS you need to get a new computer if you want the new OS.

As far as the phones that are less than a year old or only a year or two old it would've been nice if they were supported cause most computers a couple years old will work with a new MS OS.
    06-01-10 05:06 PM
    I think it is ridiculous if we do not get it. Not everyone is able to upgrade to a brand new phone every 6 months, and who has $5-600 to drop on new hardware every time RIM throws out an update. Other than the webkit browser where is the extra memory needed? I also feel they can adapt any software to any hardware, I mean look at android it can basically be ported to any hardware, for example iphones,ipod touch,and any htc phone under the moon. Just my ramblings, sometimes to get repeat customers u need to take care of them. When upgrade time comes around for me a blackberry will be my last choice simply because RIM refuses to take care of ALL of their customers.

its a business not customer care. At the end of the day people will still buy blackberries. If you want a toy with thousands of lame app then get a iphone. better yet get an htc that can let you see stars from your phone. That's a real cool phone, NOT. Blackberry gives me what I need. **** around the net and text and im people. If I wanted to look at the ******* stars I'd go to the beach with a telescope.

06-02-10 06:25 AM
    got that right. it's almost like owning an iphone ina way (new OS isn't compatible w/ older phones ... ahve to upgrade etc)
    06-02-10 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD