I back up my blackberry routinely, and I just noticed I have been backuping in a BBB format. I googled this and I found out this would be useless if I lost my phone.

I have a 9810 (Torch2), which is running BB7.
    I have a computer running Windows 7. I have never used Mac in my life.

Apperently at some point last year without me even realizing it the backups started saving BBB and not IPD.

There is no option on the desktop manager to switch backup file type. It just automatically DOES it to BBB, and I am on a WINDOWS computer.

Please HELP!!! How do I start saving IPD again??? If I loose my phone and cant use a backup it would be catastrophic!!

This makes NO NO NO SENSE!

PLEASE HELP, and please dont tell me to get some blackberry extractor program. If I am running a windows computer it should be saving IPD period.
    05-15-13 01:11 AM
    Your backups are suppose to be BBB files. You will be able to restore all of your data using those types of files.

I use Windows 7 and my files backup as BBB files and I have no problem restoring my data. I can restore using "All device data and settings" or "Select device data and setting".
    05-15-13 10:35 AM
    oh???

so it just changed format suddenly at some point last year, but it's nothing to worry about?
    05-15-13 01:12 PM