I have downloaded the OS5 firmware update from the sticky above onto my computer however when I have installed it I cant locate it on my computer in order to vendor file?

I have looked in the program files and the Blackberry folder and the update is not in there?

Any help would be great.
    01-18-10 01:49 AM
    The vendor.xml file is in the Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader directory.
    01-18-10 01:52 AM
    Thanks mate, found it and all seems to have upgraded fine.

Would be interested to hear what battery life is like with this?
    01-18-10 02:42 AM
    There's absolutely NO reason to delete the vendor file. Don't waste your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 06:58 AM
    There's absolutely NO reason to delete the vendor file. Don't waste your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If it's the Official 5.0 then absolutely everything posted in these forums indicates that yes there is the need to delete the vendor.xml file.
    01-18-10 10:55 AM
    ive installed w/ the vendor file (of another company) and have had no problems...
    so I dont know if thats completely true that you NEED to... but it seems to be common practice.
    01-18-10 01:09 PM
    It is mentioned a lot as common practice, but it serves no ACTUAL purpose. It makes no difference whatsoever in the functionality of the device. The only possible reason to delete it is if you are installing the same OS that is official from your carrier, but from another carrier. And since there's no reason to do that, then deleting the vendor file servers NO purpose.

If you need tech support for your device and it has an OS on it that is not one of their officials, they will know it's not theirs long before they have to check the vendor file, and they won't/can't service your phone. If you have to have technical service look at your phone and you are running another carrier's OS, then you will have to downgrade to your carrier's official OS before they can help you. But the chances are when you downgrade you won't need tech support anymore because the bug in question was specific to the OS you're running.

No matter how many people say you need to delete it, you can't escape the logical truth. THERE'S NO REASON TO DELETE THE VENDOR FILE. Actually, it could possibly be a step that confuses less proficient users, so stop suggesting it.
    01-18-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD