Hi, I lost all my bbm contacts after upgrading to version 5.0... is there a way I can get them back??
    12-20-09 02:50 PM
    There is no way in recovering your bbm contacts once you upgrade from your stock bbm to the new 5.0. Once you have your contacts again my suggestion to you since it happened to me, I had to recover all my contacts is to use the new feature of storing and saving your contacts to a email you hook up to the 5.0. With this anytime you upgrade or if a device is to become broken you can use your email to restore the contacts.
    12-20-09 02:56 PM
    U can't bring ur contacts back but for future reference, download an app called "google sync"

It updates ur contacts automatically and saves them all online with ur gmail account.

So if ever u change phones n u didn't get a chance to save them on ur sim card, u can always log onto gmail and get ur contacts back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 05:44 PM
    were you running bbm 5.0.0.33 on your 4.7 OS? If so you could have registed your email for OTA BBM contact backup. You also could save backup files to your sd card or device memory. If you didn't do it this time, I suggess setting up the OTA backups as well as saving backups on your sd card every so often.
    12-20-09 06:45 PM
    Hmmmm..... I was able to restore mine with my backup file. After I loaded the upgraded version I did see that they were all gone. I did the regular steps after loading (battery pulls, etc.) then did a backup through DM and got them back.
    12-20-09 06:55 PM
    Duidn't you back them up to BB server under one of your emails. If you did, then you just tell it to restore contacts using the same email. Presto, they will all reappear.
    12-20-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD