I've searched the forums & can't seem to find any help for what I need. My niece purchased the Torch last month & loves it, but she's having trouble updating the os to the leaked 486. She's still running the os it shipped with (don't know which one it is). Here is the problem. Her laptop is very old (running windows xp). In fact, it couldn't even handle the newest version of DM, so she had to hunt down an older version to use. I guided her through downloading a leaked os & deleting the vendor xml file, but her laptop crashes when trying to install it. And I had her trying it through the loader-not DM. We both think the laptop can't handle it. Does anyone have any advice?

Her other option is to borrow her roommate's Mac to do it, but I've never used a Mac & wouldn't know how to guide her through that. Does anyone know where I can find instructions on loading a leaked os on a Mac? I searched the Mac forum & couldn't find anything specific.

Thanks for all your help, Crackheads! I love this website!
    Last edited by Lyls; 04-01-11 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Need to add more info
    04-01-11 09:55 AM
    Unfortunately you can't install leaks with a Mac, unless it's running a virtual Windows environment like Bootcamp or parallels. But not to worry.

First, Don't bother with DM, other than to back up the phone. Then check out the thread below. There are links in it to download the latest leaked OS, and the 4th post in from Elite1 has very detailed instructions on how to install it. I've done several to my Torch using an XP laptop following these steps without a problem. But if you run into trouble, just shoot a note here and someone will get you sorted out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...ndings-593772/

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 10:27 AM
    Hi-thank you for the response. I had her go through the loader-not DM to upgrade. I have a Torch myself & have updated to leaked os's a number of times already without issue, so I was able to walk her through the process. She does not have any 3rd party apps on the phone, so I'm not sure why the computer crashed. I'll have her try it again. Maybe I can suggest she do a disc defrag on her laptop first.

Thank you!
    04-01-11 10:46 AM
    Hi-thank you for the response. I had her go through the loader-not DM to upgrade. I have a Torch myself & have updated to leaked os's a number of times already without issue, so I was able to walk her through the process. She does not have any 3rd party apps on the phone, so I'm not sure why the computer crashed. I'll have her try it again. Maybe I can suggest she do a disc defrag on her laptop first.

Thank you!
    Oops, didn't see that part the first time. I'd say try a defrag, and shut off anything that's running in the background, like a IM client. And once everything is downloaded, unplug/disconnect from the internet and turn off any A/V programs.

If that doesn't help, try posting this question in the Leaks forum - maybe someone there can help.

Again, good luck...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD