hey, some have probably seen my issue in the new .484 thread...but anyways, i have .230 hybrid installed on my computer and i have no idea how to uninstall it...there are no uninstall icons in the folder and 'uninstall programs' under control panel does not show it...is there another way to fully uninstalling this os besides just deleting the root folder? thanks a bunch
    02-12-10 04:31 PM
    Yes.

Go to control panel and uninstall "Blackberry Device software v5.0.0 for the Blackberry 9630 smartphone"

After you have done that navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files and delete the folder "9630AMEA_ blah blah" if it's there.
    02-12-10 05:09 PM
    Yes.

Go to control panel and uninstall "Blackberry Device software v5.0.0 for the Blackberry 9630 smartphone"

After you have done that navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files and delete the folder "9630AMEA_ blah blah" if it's there.
    He said theres nothing in add and remove via the control panal..

there are no uninstall icons in the folder and 'uninstall programs' under control panel does not show it...
    What steps did you take to install the hybrid ?
    02-12-10 05:29 PM
    well most of the time the only changes a hybrid makes are inside of the Java folder.

If there is nothing in control panel then the OS is uninstalled. Navigate to the path that I mentioned above and delete the folder if it's already there. By doing this any "hybrids" will be uninstalled.
    02-12-10 06:10 PM
    yeah the only things in controld panel i can remove is the desktop manager, which brings me to my question...if i uninstall desktop manager, would it uninstall everything along with it? and i would be able to install a new copy again? thanks
    02-12-10 07:19 PM
    yeah the only things in controld panel i can remove is the desktop manager, which brings me to my question...if i uninstall desktop manager, would it uninstall everything along with it? and i would be able to install a new copy again? thanks
    No, it would only uninstall the desktop manager.

I would recommend just reinstalling the entire os, or just reinstalling the new original Java folder in the mentioned directory above using something like BBSAK or Shrink-A-Os... that would solve the issue.
    02-12-10 07:37 PM
    hey i already reinstalled the os, and it's the same thing...what do you mean reinstalling the new original java folder? do you mean java folder of the official os?
    02-15-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD