I've read a ton of posts about swapping radio files and browser files, but I can't tell which calendar file I need to swap. I have a 9000 with .411 and my calenday is almost non-functional, and nothing I have done has made a difference. I want to pull the cod from another 5.0 to put in it's place to see if that works.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
    01-13-10 07:36 PM
    What's not functional about it? My calander is completely fine. Have you tried wiping and reloading the OS? Possiblly a corrupt install?
    01-13-10 09:25 PM
    I have wipe + install 4 times, still not working. The first 3 installs, whenever I was looking at or creating a calendar entry, the only options I had were subject, location, start time, and end time. Everything below that was gone and replaced with empty white screen. I could scroll down but there was nothing there. After my last install, I have subject, location, start and end times, but when I scroll below location, my highlight disappears and my Bold freezes. I have to pull the battery to get it back running.

I've used dozens of betas and while I've experienced bugs, I've never lost the ability to use core applications that are this important. I need to get this fixed cause I can't live without my calendar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 07:13 AM
    I just opened my calendar to check the settings, and when I get into the options page it gets stuck there. Whenever I try to close it asks me do I want to save, discard, or cancel. No matter what I choose, nothing happens. I can't get out without pulling the battery.

Somebody please help me. How can I use the calendar from another build?!?

01-14-10 07:46 AM
    You can try reinstalling the clock .cods by themselves, or pull them from another leak. You will just have to install the other leak to get the java files. To do the installation of individual CODs, you are going to need BBSAK. You can download BBSAK from here --> BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - BBSAK 1.7 . Once downloaded, install to your computer.

Once that install is complete (it should not take long at all), connect your berry and open it up. Once it recognizes your BB, click the second tab which reads "Modify CODs". Then click the button for install COD's. Point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[whichever leak you want to take from]\Java\net_rim_bb_calendar_app.cod. Then click install. You can also install the net_rim_bb_calendar.lib and net_rim_bb_calendar_ota. You can hold control, click on all three, and install them all at once actually.

Your berry screen should turn white and then reset itself. This is normal. The computer will alert you and say COD's installed successfully. Wait for it to boot back up and test it then. It is important that you pull these calendar cods from other leaks if you say your current ones are not working for you, but you can always try reinstalling the current ones to see if that helps.

Please report back and let us know if this works. Best of luck
    01-14-10 07:55 AM
    williboy this is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I'll let you know how it goes.
    01-14-10 04:46 PM
    Now that I'm reading your sig, how are you getting along with the .419/.411/.421 hybrid?

Oh yeah, what OS do you suggest i take the cod from?
    01-14-10 04:51 PM
    Now that I'm reading your sig, how are you getting along with the .419/.411/.421 hybrid?

Oh yeah, what OS do you suggest i take the cod from?
    This is the best OS/Hybrid I have ever ran on my phone. A perfect blend of speed and battery life. .411 yields amazing battery life. .421 brings the speed.

You can probably just take them from the .419 base OS. Sometimes it's just a matter of reinstalling. Hope that calendar fix works for you!
    01-14-10 05:34 PM
    When you change the cod's on the phone using BBSAK do you need to uninstall the previous first or just install whatever cod's you want over the top?
    01-14-10 06:20 PM
    Ok, after uninstalling an re-installing cods for an hour I've realized that the error occurs after I restore the backup. So now I'm playing around with the restore by excluding the calendar entries, but it's not working. I think I'm just going to have to wipe and reload, and start from scratch without restoring. when you think about it, there's nothing in a restore that is critical, is there? I mean, my texts and emails are deleted after 15 days, phone logs I don't care about, contacts are on my sim, settings and apps can all be redone quickly.
    01-14-10 06:41 PM
    When you change the cod's on the phone using BBSAK do you need to uninstall the previous first or just install whatever cod's you want over the top?
    No, you do not need to uninstall them, they will just overwrite.

01-14-10 08:34 PM
    Ok, after uninstalling an re-installing cods for an hour I've realized that the error occurs after I restore the backup. So now I'm playing around with the restore by excluding the calendar entries, but it's not working. I think I'm just going to have to wipe and reload, and start from scratch without restoring. when you think about it, there's nothing in a restore that is critical, is there? I mean, my texts and emails are deleted after 15 days, phone logs I don't care about, contacts are on my sim, settings and apps can all be redone quickly.
    You shouldn't have to uninstall any cods, they just overwrite the old ones. You could do an advanced restore and leave the calendar entries out.... I don't think you want to skip a restore, you'd be surprised how much it holds... But if you don't mind redoing the settings, etc, go for it. Just know it's there if you need it.

If you do a restore, and then reinstall the cods, it should fix the problem until the next time time you restore I'd assume.

01-14-10 08:41 PM
    But reinstalling the cods didn't work. In fact, I was getting error messages and the calendar failed to open. I tried all possible combinations of all 3 calendar cods, but nothing worked.
    01-15-10 05:15 AM
    Yeah, that worked. I wiped + install, then went through my databases one by one and now my calendar is perfect. Thanks for all your help.
    01-15-10 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD