Hi all,

Had some weirdness tonight, with a request coming through from 21392F90 , asking me to add them on Blackberry Messenger. I do not know anyone else who has a Blackberry, so ignored it, I then got a message to my Blackberry email saying "Add me!" When I asked who it was, I was asked "what is your problem?" then I got a lot of gibberish. I've emailed them back and asked that they not contact me again.

My question - how did they find me? I haven't given my number to any random people, and I work in law enforcement so I am fairly concerned that someone out there could have my number.

Also, is there any chance they can now access the information on my phone?

They seem to have gotten the message as I have had no more emails, however i'm a little paranoid.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jac
    12-17-09 09:52 AM
    your bb is pretty safe as long as you don't give your info out - some requests may come randomly through bbm when people enter a wrong number or letter for someone they know - I had this happen once. Hopefully that will be the end of it for you
    12-17-09 10:08 AM
    no worries sometimes people are dumb happened to me before i kept getting a request from someone in spanish after a few denies they got the damn point
    12-17-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD