So I downloaded .442, installed it, deleted the vender file, click on loader in Apploader, go through the process of clicking and nexts, then it starts.

The backing up part is fine, but then it gets to the fourth step or so, and it says trying to connect to boot ROM. My phone tries to restart, but it keeps coming up saying that it's unable to connect on my computer.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    thanks
    01-22-10 03:31 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9700. read & execute " how to unbrick a blackberry.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    01-22-10 11:00 AM
    Well, my BB isn't nuked. I can just unplug it, and it works completely fine, no white screen or error messages, and it works fine with the .405. But for some reason it just won't connect while trying to update the blackberry.
    01-22-10 10:31 PM
    From what I heard 422 isn't that good. Just keep previous version, what I'm doing. Have to be in video or music to adjust volume... That's stupid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 04:25 AM
    From what I heard 422 isn't that good. Just keep previous version, what I'm doing. Have to be in video or music to adjust volume... That's stupid

First..the version is 442, not 422. So far it works perfectly on my Rogers 9700 (installed since last night). All 3rd party apps work
    01-23-10 07:30 AM
    anyone else wanna chime in on the compatibility of .442 on an at&t branded 9700?

as for the OP, have you tried rebooting your computer? maybe you are getting a USB error where the drive is locking up.
    01-23-10 07:52 AM
    Working great for me. I would ensure your USB ports are not set to shut down in your PCs active power profile. This is common in win7. I just installed the load, removed the file and used bbsak.

01-23-10 10:01 AM
    I checked the USB ports, restarted the computer, tried using BBSAK. After I tried BBSAK, it got past the connecting to boot RAM, but then it got stuck on loading RAM image? It comes up with an error saying my BB isn't connected. HELP?
    01-23-10 07:25 PM
    That really sounds like a power profile issue or you are using a usb port off a usb hub instead of one connecting to the motherboard directly. You should try starting over after checking all of that and maybe even wipe the device via bbsak on next attempt. I would set you power profile to performance mode, ensure you are running bbsak as admin, wipe the device and loados.

01-23-10 08:45 PM
    ....i tried.

and now i bricked my 9700.
    01-24-10 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD