Hi,

I have an 8330 with sprint. I want to upgrade to the new 5.0 OS by Boost but i have never done this before. Can someone please respond to this and post a step by step guide. I do not want to mess up my phone.

THANK YOU!!
    01-24-10 01:21 PM
    First you need to download and install blackberry desktop manager.

Then you need to download and unpack, but don't run the installer yet for the 5.x operating system.

Go to the unpacked folder and locate the vendor.xml file, and delete it (unless the software was released by the carrier you're using.. in this case, boost mobile).

Next you can run the installer for the 5.x operating system. This will in a sense "add" it to blackberry desktop manager, so that the next time you load up desktop manager and connect your blackberry via usb cable, it will notify you there is a software upgrade.

From there just follow the prompts.

This is all off the top of my head/from memory so if I missed anything chime in.

Have fun!
    01-24-10 01:32 PM
    If you have sprint are you even going to be able to download boosts os? Wouldn't that prevent you from getting the core apps like sprint nav, or sprint tv or anything like that?
    01-24-10 01:40 PM
    If you have sprint are you even going to be able to download boosts os? Wouldn't that prevent you from getting the core apps like sprint nav, or sprint tv or anything like that?
    No, that stuff gets pushed in the service books. Though for some reason, the Boost OS has things like VZ Navigator and Vcast music in its folder. I don't know why.
    01-24-10 02:11 PM
    01-24-10 02:11 PM
    I installed this version on my TELUS 8330 and I had problems adding new themes. It would show the theme under 3rd party apps but I couldn't select them through options>Themes. I was using the Nathanix precision theme they have on their site. After several attempts I ended up installing the OS hybrid on Nathanix and it works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD